MCUniverse - Nick hath no Fury like an MRA troll

HexMachina

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

IM3 had several flaws, but it did try new things and I think it deserves credit for that.  I liked the Mandarin being a fake.

See!  That makes three of us!

Make that four. 

The Mandarin twist was awesome. I really love most of that movie, it's just too bad the final act (everything after the plane) kinda falls apart into a typical Marvel action set piece and Killian was a bit of a lame villain overall. Not Ronin or Malekith lame, but just meh overall.

Iron Man 3 had some of the same behind the scenes story group fuckery that affected Thor 2 and Ultron and Ant Man which would eventually result in Feige going to Iger to get that Perlmutter shit kicked to the curb.

25 minutes ago, sifth said:

Ben Kingsley just cracks me up. I love the guy.

Oh yes, I just rewatched Sneakers not to long ago. Man is just wonderful on everything.

4 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Iron Man 3 had some of the same behind the scenes story group fuckery that affected Thor 2 and Ultron and Ant Man which would eventually result in Feige going to Iger to get that Perlmutter shit kicked to the curb.

Oh yes, I just rewatched Sneakers not to long ago. Man is just wonderful on everything.

Sneakers is a fantastic movie that doesn't seem to get the respect it deserves.

3 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Uh! Hello! I was the first person in the universe to think the Mandarin twist was awesome. Thank You!

stfu I liked Gandhi fake-Mandarin before it was popular.

I saw Sneakers in the theater when I was 13 or so and it’s one of my favorite movies of all time. I could derail this thread to death taking about it.

It’s a perfect film. It’s one of those rare films we’re i could watch it again right after watching it.

and man I really wanted Robert Redford to say too many secrets in Winter Soldie.

My issue with Iron Man 3 was the third act. As far as third acts go -- and we know that tends to be where many of the MCU films struggle -- it's the absolute worst, IMO. The legions of people spontaneously combusting? Meh.

My issue with the Thor films -- mostly the first two -- is actually my issue with Captain Marvel. All of these films had to deal with juggling two completely different settings and casts of supporting character. And in trying to service them all, all of them suffered for it. None of these movies had the luxury of a single focus.

Sheeit. If we're doing it then I'm gonna do it ok? So we're doing it! 

I've numbered my list and given categories.

GET FUCKED, WE HAVE BECOME MOVIE:

1) The Avengers

2) Avengers: Infinity War

Very Strong, But There Are Nitpicks of Varying Intensity Keeping You Down Here:

3) Spider-Man: Homecoming

4) Iron Man

5) Black Panther

6) Thor: Ragnarok

7) Winter Soldier

8) Guardians of the Galaxy

Pretty Fun Still, But it Doesn't Feel Like it Used To:

9) Civil War

10) Guardians 2

11) Age of Ultron

12) Iron Man 3

I Would Prefer To Watch Something Else Unless You're Determined:

13) The Incredible Hulk

14) Thor 2

15) Thor

16) Ant Man

No. Just No:

17) Iron Man 2

18) Dr. Strange

19) Captain America

I'LL CALL THE COPS I SWEAR I'LL TELL THEM THIS TIME:

20) Ant plus Wasp

9 minutes ago, Bastard of Boston said:

My issue with Iron Man 3 was the third act. As far as third acts go -- and we know that tends to be where many of the MCU films struggle -- it's the absolute worst, IMO. The legions of people spontaneously combusting? Meh.

My issue with the Thor films -- mostly the first two -- is actually my issue with Captain Marvel. All of these films had to deal with juggling two completely different settings and casts of supporting character. And in trying to service them all, all of them suffered for it. None of these movies had the luxury of a single focus.

I don't know about the absolute worst, but yeah, it's definitely in the running. I'd say Iron Man 1 and The Incredible Hulk have equally bad final acts for drastically different reasons. Hulk is just flat out boring, two computer images punching each other for 15 minutes until one falls over and Iron Man 1 for just how much it falls down compared to the rest of the movie. It was novel at the time but it doesn't really hold up well now. 

Iron Man 3 at least is kinda fun purely for the absolute ridiculous spectacle of it, but yeah it is pretty monotonous.

I think the only one I haven't seen in theaters is Iron Man 3.  Maybe Doctor Strange?  I don't really remember, which doesn't speak well of the movie.

Anyway, I forgot about TIERS.  That's another way to waste time.

Actually is a pretty good movie:  Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Avengers, Black Panther, Guardians 1.

Whole tonna fun, but still absurd in their own ways:  Civil War, Ragnarok, Infinity War.

Solid origin movies and Guardians 2:  Ant Man, Captain Marvel, Ultron*, First Avenger, Spiderman, Guardians 2, Thor.

Tolerable:  Ant Man & Wasp, Doctor Strange, Incredible Hulk.

Change the channel:  Dark World, Iron Man 2 and 3.

*You may say Avengers 2 isn't an origin movie, but I say Scarlet Witch and Vision.  I think the former will still be around for awhile.  Hope Vision is too.  He should be, unless they have to destroy the stones.  Otherwise it should just be like a reboot.

6 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

That being said I'd take Thor 2 over Indy 4 or Mission Impossible 2 or Alien Covenant or any Michael Bay or Snyder film.

Literally any MCU film > literally any DC film. Not just being a Marvel fanboy, really serious. Wonder Woman comes closest, but even that was overrated as hell.

9 hours ago, karaddin said:

Hiddleston as well for me, there was some great emotional pieces between Loki and Thor even in TDW

I’m not actually a fan of Hiddlestone’s Loki, or him as an actor really. I know, someone’s prep the gallows! :P 

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

The amount of NZ and Aussie actors + NZ Director in that must have made it hell to keep the desired accent in mind for the actors. I really want a space road trip movie directed by TW focused on Thor + Captain Marvel + Valkyrie as well as Mendelsohn starring as well with his Aussie accent and Korg.

Yes! Anything that is going to bring Valkyrie back is fine by me

4 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

That list makes me cry. Though I admit the more I think about Ant Man and The Wasp the lower it sinks.

It’s not bad (although why the hell they wasted Michelle Pfeiffer’s time...why get such an awesome actress and give her about 2 minutes of screen time?) it’s just so average, bland and forgettable. Also manages to waste Walton Goggins. I actually quite liked the ‘villain’ because her motivations made sense, it was just her methods and lack of logic in her action she that were flawed. Better writers needed because there is a good film in there with a little reworking.

Hmmm....my top 5, not necessarily in order:

GotG 1

Thor: Ragnarok

Spider-man: Homecoming

Black Panther

Captain America 

6 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I saw Sneakers in the theater when I was 13 or so and it’s one of my favorite movies of all time. I could derail this thread to death taking about it.

It’s a perfect film. It’s one of those rare films we’re i could watch it again right after watching it.

and man I really wanted Robert Redford to say too many secrets in Winter Soldie.

I wore out that VHS.  Such a great movie.

Archived