MCUniverse - Nick hath no Fury like an MRA troll

HexMachina

Mjolnir is gone. Unless they time travel back to just before Hela destroys it and Future Thor steals it off past Thor, perhaps at Dr Strange's mansion. Unless they get giant Tyrion Lannister to make another one. Re-shoot the Thor Ragnarok scenes pre-Mjolnir destruction that feature Mjolnir and release as a special edition Blu-Ray based on this new continuity.

That way, the MCU has now re-opened the possibility of Beta Ray Bill being introduced.

So I know we think they're going back in time via quantum shenanigans, and that's why they're changing their appearance. Okay, cool beans.

What are they going back in time for? The only thing I can think is that they want to acquire the stones and either destroy them or use them, because they got blown up during the Thor/Cap Marvel / Thanos fight and they have no other way about it. I still don't know what they'd do, though. Especially with two of the stones basically unavailable easily (reality and soul) and another on Xandar. 

If the airport walk in uniform scenes are en route to a time jump then they don't seem to be planning to fight Thanos there, An explanation for Thor, Hulk and Captain Marvel (seemingly the three strongest Avengers) to be absent is that they are fighting Thanos to distract him from what everyone else is doing

46 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

So I know we think they're going back in time via quantum shenanigans, and that's why they're changing their appearance. Okay, cool beans.

What are they going back in time for? The only thing I can think is that they want to acquire the stones and either destroy them or use them, because they got blown up during the Thor/Cap Marvel / Thanos fight and they have no other way about it. I still don't know what they'd do, though. Especially with two of the stones basically unavailable easily (reality and soul) and another on Xandar. 

Easy, kill Gamora like Mr emotions Starlord shoulda done the first time around, and poof! no Snap.

I'm not sure how I feel about time travel to prevent the snappening. But if it's not their first go to then I might be OK with it. Except, I'd quite like time travel to be Option A, but they find out that whatever they do to try to stop it by time travel doesn't work because of a time paradox: the only reason they time travel is because the snappening happened, so if they prevent the snappening from happening they don't time travel, which means the snappening happens. So they figure out that actually the only solution is a reverse snappening, so someone needs to use the gauntlet to snap everyone back.

Thor's the only one godly enough to do it. Anyone else would probably die in the attempt even if they are successful. I wouldn't mind Cap taking himself out that way.

I wasn't a fan of time travel as a solution either but there's little to no chance they screw this movie up for me. I'm pretty sure I'm going to see it twice in theaters.

The time travel theory is mostly because of Ant Man 2's plot and post credit scene. It doesn't quite make sense to me yet but I'm sure they'll make up some science explanation for it.

And if it's NOT time travel, what else could it be? Rally the universe, get into a spaceship, find Thanos, get gauntlet away from him and use it to unsnap (I assume unsnapping is a possibility whereby all the lost lives are captured in the soul gem somehow)? Problem with that is none of these people really know how to use the gauntlet or the stones.

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

If the airport walk in uniform scenes are en route to a time jump then they don't seem to be planning to fight Thanos there, An explanation for Thor, Hulk and Captain Marvel (seemingly the three strongest Avengers) to be absent is that they are fighting Thanos to distract him from what everyone else is doing

Yes, what's most exciting about that uniformed team shot is the fact that the three you mentioned (+Rocket) aren't among them. I'm picturing an all-out brawl between Thanos and the Avengers powerhouses, and I'm absolutely giddy.

I don't know why that trailer necessarily makes people think they're going back in time.  I mean, if that's what you already thought then some  of that trailer could be great confirmation bias, but, for the rest of us?  I dunno, I hope they don't go back in time.  It's a cheap copout, and will rightfully be criticized as a cheap copout.

Other aspect of this is if you don't go back in time how do the dead people be not dead.  Well, there's plenty of ways to explain once the gauntlet and/or specific stones are undone that undoes what it did.

1 minute ago, Bastard of Boston said:

Yes, what's most exciting about that uniformed team shot is the fact that the three you mentioned (+Rocket) aren't among them. I'm picturing an all-out brawl between Thanos and the Avengers powerhouses, and I'm absolutely giddy.

I'm not sure the absence of Thor/Hulk/Danvers means much of anything.  Totally possible it just means they edited the shot.

Yeah, I don't really trust much of that trailer. The MCU people have shown crafty they are when editing trailers. When I saw the matching uniforms, my initial reaction was they're fake, and edit over the real costumes. Or at the very least, Tony's and Nebula's presence there is fake.

5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Yeah, I don't really trust much of that trailer. The MCU people have shown crafty they are when editing trailers. When I saw the matching uniforms, my initial reaction was they're fake, and edit over the real costumes. Or at the very least, Tony's and Nebula's presence there is fake.

That could be something...I mean, War Machine is wearing armor painted like the rest of the uniforms...

1 hour ago, Bastard of Boston said:

So I hadn't considered that the team would split up to take on Thanos because that was kind of a dumb idea to me in IW. And even Captain Marvel shouldn't be more powerful than Thanos with the Infinity Stones (haven't seen her movie yet).

Also, why did they highlight red as the only color in the black and white scenes? Because it's the only overlapping color with every Avenger (Thor cape, Iron Man suit, Widow hair, Captain America flag, War Machine's glowing eyes in the trailer..)? I might be trying to read too much into that..

What about an accidental fast forward time jump?  Just read a theory that the girl shooting arrows with Hawkeye can't be his daugher because of the timeframe from Ultron to Endgame...that it's really Kate Bishop...then there was the story goong around they were looking to cast an older Cassie Lang for something...

This movie is going to be awesome. 

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

In Benicio Del Toro's powerpoint presentation on the purple stone didn't he say that a bazillion years ago a bunch of super powerful people who may no longer have been interested in further appearances all held hands with the stones and banished them?

11 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Just read a theory that the girl shooting arrows with Hawkeye can't be his daugher because of the timeframe from Ultron to Endgame...that it's really Kate Bishop...then there was the story goong around they were looking to cast an older Cassie Lang for something..

This all smacks of people with way too much time on their hands.  The girl could totally be his daughter, not like they've established any strict timelines on that in any way.

I like the idea of Scott going back in time to do some Bill and Ted type stuff (remember to get the key off Dad) but not the whole undusted crew so they can literally double-team Thanos.

Honestly, you probably only need Captain Marvel to go back in time. She drops in on Scarlet Witch who's on Vision guard duty, and says, "stay here, I'm the reinforcements". And then she goes down and kicks major butt while Scarlet Witch remains and is able to protect Vision while Shuri does her thing. Done! Thanos never gets the mind stone.

I remember Katherine Langford (Aussie actress known from Love, Simon and 13 Reasons Why) was cast in Endgame but the role wasn't announced and it was mostly being assumed to be Hawkeyes daughter but that doesn't look like her from the little we can see in the trailer. IMDB isnt even showing her in the movie which seems kinda weird even if the role is unknown isnt it?

22 minutes ago, DMC said:

This all smacks of people with way too much time on their hands.  The girl could totally be his daughter, not like they've established any strict timelines on that in any way.

Not totally diagreeing on thr whole.too much time thing...

However, the timeline is pretty well established. There are enough clues throughout the movies, particularly Russo ones, that the movies come out in relative "real time"...

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

However, the timeline is pretty well established. There are enough clues throughout the movies, particularly Russo ones, that the movies come out in relative "real time"

I'm not entirely sure they want to agree with "real time," but yeah, something around that.  Anyway, I don't see why that's problematic with the daughter being that age.  Wasn't the daughter always older?  I dunno, maybe I'm misremembering.  But that's the other point - who cares how old Hawkeye's daughter is?

Archived