MCUniverse - Nick hath no Fury like an MRA troll

HexMachina

25 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'm not entirely sure they want to agree with "real time," but yeah, something around that.  Anyway, I don't see why that's problematic with the daughter being that age.  Wasn't the daughter always older?  I dunno, maybe I'm misremembering.  But that's the other point - who cares how old Hawkeye's daughter is?

It probably doesn't matter...for what it's worth, the daughter was no more than 5 or 6 in Ultron...if Infinity War is roughly 5 years later...

Hmm ... I can’t quite make my mind up which I prefer. If the gauntlet can ‘unsnap’, it really cheapens IW for me. Who provides the information that it can unsnap? Why sit around moping about it only to just basically rehash another battle with Thanos? On the other hand, time travel comes with its own problems. There needs to be a strict set of very confining rules as to what they can do. If they can go back as far as they like, then just kill Thanos when he’s younger. That’s too easy though.

I’m really hoping Endgame provides a 3rd route that nobody’s thought of.

Seems pretty obvious to me that 90% of the team going back to unsnap don't reintegrate with the timeline.

ETA: An acknowledgement of this is how they would maintain emotional stakes. Cause I mean nobody cares about the snapped who weren't superparticipants. 

Yeah but that doesn’t square with the whole end of their contracts thing. Unless having stopped it the characters just fade away from the new timeline Back to the Future style.

I have only just realised that red is supposed to be Romanov’s natural hair colour, so it’s probably not a case of her colouring her hair for time travel related shenanigans but her hair going back to its natural colour. No way that’s a natural shade of red but whatever.

Also why are there missing people posters in that scene with Lang? Missing? They turned to dust like all the other half of the population, morons.

7 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I’m really hoping Endgame provides a 3rd route that nobody’s thought of.

Me too.

4 hours ago, sifth said:

The sad truth is time travel has sort of already been spoiled with Ant Man talking about a time vortex or something like that. Plus there’s the spoiler picks from last year still.

I agree that time travel is almost certainly confirmed - if not there was entirely no point to all the pseudo-intellectual babble that went on in Ant Man and the Wasp.  But again, that doesn't mean we have any idea as to the extent of it.  Time travel is like Martin's quote on magic - it can very easily cut you, deeply.  That's what I'm worried about.

2 hours ago, john said:

Also why are there missing people posters in that scene with Lang? Missing? They turned to dust like all the other half of the population, morons.

This is pretty callous to the fictional public.  It's a way to grieve.

18 hours ago, karaddin said:

Yeah, Cap is giving off a truckload of death flags. That one has been fighting for a long time and is ready to lay down his burdens and finally be at peace. 

A tear jerker naming moment for Captain Marvel? - - Steve totally dies, everyone else is broken by it, "we've lost Cap,", Danvers is the one who snaps out of the funk first and yells at them to get their shit together, then fists Steve's killer over the moon for massive distance, and when one of the shell shocked heroes who hadn't moved yet sees that, they blubber "yes ma'am.....Captain!"  and get moving.   

Earlier i was asking if she hit the ground before learning to fly.  You know, when she was dropping out of the sky heading for impact and you see the the eyes light up, and then something strange happened with the screen so I couldn't tell if she stopped her fall with flight power..... or if she impacted the ground and discovered it didnt matter.

2 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

A tear jerker naming moment for Captain Marvel? - - Steve totally dies, everyone else is broken by it, "we've lost Cap,", Danvers is the one who snaps out of the funk first and yells at them to get their shit together, then fists Steve's killer over the moon for massive distance, and when one of the shell shocked heroes who hadn't moved yet sees that, they blubber "yes ma'am.....Captain!"  and get moving.   

This is not at all the MCU I have observed for the past decade.  Funny to think about though.

3 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Earlier i was asking if she hit the ground before learning to fly.  You know, when she was dropping out of the sky heading for impact and you see the the eyes light up, and then something strange happened with the screen so I couldn't tell if she stopped her fall with flight power..... or if she impacted the ground and discovered it didnt matter.

This is a very good question.  I don't recall, would have to rewatch it.  I think it's the latter though - she discovered it didn't matter.

2 hours ago, john said:

It would have been chaos when pilots, drivers etc disappeared, half the emergency services - there probably would be a bunch of genuinely missing people, and a shred of hope might make someone put up a poster. Especially if nobody saw them turn to dust.

18 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Mjolnir is gone.

[wacky timeline alteration tricks are now required to get the hammer back , ...] That way,  the MCU re-opens the possibility of Beta Ray Bill being introduced.

Want Bill!   More CowBill!    Hadn't realized before how Waititi did Beta Ray Bad.  I hope they have an easy button on this one, by claiming Beta Ray is from a parallel universe where the hammer survives.

Apparently he'll direct GotG after SS2. [ETA: Ninja'd by DitN!]

And I'm glad Disney reversed heir decision on this. People write dumb stuff all the time and then realize it was dumb and change. That should count for something. 

5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Hahahahaha. Good, but also wow. I wonder if he'll keep his job as director of Suicide Squad 2. This could mark the first director to make movies in both universes.

The article I read said that Marvel is waiting until SS is done to start Guardians 3. What a hole to dig themselves into, GG2 will be a distant memory by the time the next one hits theaters. 

Just now, Morpheus said:

The article I read said that Marvel is waiting until SS is done to start Guardians 3. What a hole to dig themselves into, GG2 will be a distant memory by the time the next one hits theaters. 

It's likely the strategy of developing the next phase has changed/will change. GotG 3 was supposed to kick off the new phase, right? Now, it'll probably be Captain Marvel, or they'll do it with a villain, like Dr. Doom, once those rights are secured.

18 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Hahahahaha. Good, but also wow. I wonder if he'll keep his job as director of Suicide Squad 2. This could mark the first director to make movies in both universes.

Sensitive Joss Wheedon would like a word.

Archived