MCUniverse - Nick hath no Fury like an MRA troll

HexMachina

Just now, DMC said:

Ugh, couldn't even tolerate that video after about 20 seconds.

You lasted slightly longer than I did. I first came across it several days ago. I suspected it was going to be a troll video, but I clicked anyway because there was a small chance it would be a legit recognition that the hate was blown out of proportion. As soon as the video confirmed it was a shitpost I stopped watching.

10 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Not to be a dick, but I laughed too hard at this.

Hmm, that's just sad. But it made this dude, and YouTube, hundreds of dollars in ad revenue. 

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, glad I did not click on that video.

Yeah, good move. I've just been recommended a youtube video on how disney are buying tickets for captain marvel featuring some middle-aged BMI high scorer with a beard. Is there an easy way of blocking these channels? All i can find are subscribe options. I feel kind if dirty just getting the notifications. But again it pisses me off how they hijack hashtags and don't see why i should cut myself off from stuff i want to hear about because of shit like this. Fucking humans and internet :(

5 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Yes, no one has a problem with a strong female hero, just as long as she doesn't try to undermine the patriarchy. If she does, then she becomes intolerable.

Think his point is more: "don't try and make out your movie is the first instance of a strong female character in order to make money"

11 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Think his point is more: "don't try and make out your movie is the first instance of a strong female character in order to make money"

Anyone claiming Marvel did that is full of shit. Marvel didn't try to make out any such thing. They made a big deal about it being their first solo female outing, which is 100% true. The fact it took 10 years is actually a mark against them, but I don't begrudge them making a big deal about finally getting there as a marketing tool.

44 minutes ago, lmanion said:

If you want weed through all the crap there was a great video on screen junkies news about captain marvel in their weekly 'charting with dan' video

.....how's that information gonna help me get weed?

12 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Yes, Cap Marvel has the first Marvel female superhero movie, and I don't believe Marvel/Disney tried to make it any more than that.

In other news, we can now talk about new characters in these threads. ;)

The bus could say PLSNFY, which could be Russian for Deadpool, and the hat isn't necessarily a mickey mouse hat. It's just a hat with small satellite dishes on it, until proven otherwise.

1 hour ago, lmanion said:

If you want weed through all the crap there was a great video on screen junkies news about captain marvel in their weekly 'charting with dan' video

We've already analysed that one. Keep up. :P

11 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The bus could say PLSNFY, which could be Russian for Deadpool, and the hat isn't necessarily a mickey mouse hat. It's just a hat with small satellite dishes on it, until proven otherwise.

What? You missed the 20 and 19 numbers.

13 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

What? You missed the 20 and 19 numbers.

Since 19 is in the foreground and 20 is in the background clearly that references 1920, which is the year that finally all states ratified the 18th Amendment enshrining universal women's suffrage. Thus cementing Deadpool's SJW cred. It was so obvious I didn't think it needed to be mentioned.

Archived