Season 8 Official Trailer Released

Westeros

On 3/5/2019 at 12:18 PM, aryja said:

I think Arya is running from a wight in the beginning, and it must be someone close to her.. don’t think anything else could rattle her at this point

I thought the same. I am guessing Ned, Catelyn or Robb. I suspect that they have it in their contracts that their likenesses can be used past their actual time in the show (season six depicting their faces in the house of black and white and in the cover)

Arya is in Winterfell. She is actually in the same hallway we saw Littlefinger in last season. She is running to the Great Hall. 

Arya being chased by to male figures. Human? wights? something else?

https://i.redd.it/yczkqt88yhk21.jpg

Also in the scene where she is holding up the dragonglass dagger, Arya is in the Winterfell forge and the person standing in front of her is Gendry. 

37 minutes ago, a black swan said:

Arya is in Winterfell. She is actually in the same hallway we saw Littlefinger in last season. She is running to the Great Hall. 

Arya being chased by to male figures. Human? wights? something else?

https://i.redd.it/yczkqt88yhk21.jpg

Also in the scene where she is holding up the dragonglass dagger, Arya is in the Winterfell forge and the person standing in front of her is Gendry. 

One of the 2 men looks like Jaime to me... maybe they are running away together....

Point is that she's terrified, something really bad happened there. Maybe it's something related to someone she loves.

11 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

One of the 2 men looks like Jaime to me... maybe they are running away together....

Point is that she's terrified, something really bad happened there. Maybe it's something related to someone she loves.

In the opening scene, there is a lightened version of the trailer going around where you can see more detail (for example some people actually thought Arya's eye was damaged or missing lol) But you can see she is in tears. This is beyond scared. She looks emotionally wrecked. 

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

The fun part is figuring out what could be scaring Arya.

Zombie Mountain, maybe?  He's on her list and he's a bit more terrifying than the last time she saw him.

Since she is in Winterfell, literally running to the Great Hall (ep3 Battle of Winterfell) unlikely the Mountain is doing the chasing here. 

If you notice the last seen with Arya fighting among the flames, she slashes something that has A LOT of blood. Would wights bleed that much? Could be one of Cersei's Lannister/Golden Company soldiers who have marched to Winterfell. So this would mean they're facing a DOUBLE attack. 

32 minutes ago, a black swan said:

Since she is in Winterfell, literally running to the Great Hall (ep3 Battle of Winterfell) unlikely the Mountain is doing the chasing here. 

If you notice the last seen with Arya fighting among the flames, she slashes something that has A LOT of blood. Would wights bleed that much? Could be one of Cersei's Lannister/Golden Company soldiers who have marched to Winterfell. So this would mean they're facing a DOUBLE attack. 

Yeah I think Euron marches north and the Battle of Winterfell starts out with the Golden Company assaulting Winterfell before the Others show up and wreck everyone's shit.

I'm definitely not ruling out Euron working with the Others either, as the timing of his homecoming is conspicuous as fuck and, in the books at least there's a whole lot of supernatural stuff going on with him.

3 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

No, I don't think Arya is in Winterfell. The windows of Winterfell are different and they are few and far between.

I think Arya is in the Red Keep.

How are they different? This is amusing. I posted the screenshots where windows are visible. It's a very dark clip and despite that we see the same Winterfell set. 

We see her on the battlements in the last clip fighting wights. Same setting as Jaime for example. They only used scenes from ep 1 - 3. This is the Battle of Winterfell Maisie was talking about filming during all those crazy long nights in the recent EW article. 

11 hours ago, briantw said:

So no one really talks about this, but is Sam gonna be pissed that Dany BBQ'd his brother?  I doubt he'd give a shit about his dad, because who would, but Dickon wasn't a bad kid.

No! Are you crazy? That'd mean an interesting personal conflict and character building. You can't possibly suggest taking away screentime from ice zombies, battles and Jonaerys for such....

I watched a couple youtube videos about the trailer. I must say they all conclude the same thing: zombies, battles, Jonaerys and the death of minor characters who haven't had more than 5 minutes of screetime per season for 3 years and should have died seasons ago, so nobody gives a shit about them at this point anyway. 

I'm expecting the absolute worst, but if I could wish for something, it'd be a quick end to Jonaerys and killing Sansa. Maybe Arya too? No, that'd be too beautiful. Well, a girl can dream. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

No! Are you crazy? That'd mean an interesting personal conflict and character building. You can't possibly suggest taking away screentime from ice zombies, battles and Jonaerys for such....

I watched a couple youtube videos about the trailer. I must say they all conclude the same thing: zombies, battles, Jonaerys and the death of minor characters who haven't had more than 5 minutes of screetime per season for 3 years and should have died seasons ago, so nobody gives a shit about them at this point anyway. 

I'm expecting the absolute worst, but if I could wish for something, it'd be a quick end to Jonaerys and killing Sansa. Maybe Arya too? No, that'd be too beautiful. Well, a girl can dream. 

We all have our own Dream endings Rhae :D.

In the scene where Arya's running, it's very, very quiet, and there's no firelight in the windows, just moonlight. During the battle scenes, absolutely everything is lit up with yellow from the fire. 

So this scene is def not during or immediately after the battle. 

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:38 AM, Coffeewiththegods said:

Anyone else thinking the golden company ends up fighting for Jon and Dany? 

I think that may well be. Bran's "where you belong...home" whatever speech would fit Bran trying to get them to switch sides. If I was them, I'd want to come home as a hero-type instead of a mercenary-type. It's exactly the acceptance and welcome that they've always wanted and here maybe they're getting it on a silver platter. That it's such a big deal that they never break their contract is all but telling us outright that they will break their contract. 

We don't have clear battle scenes and they are a big draw in the series as so much of the show has become just awful. Maybe there's something too spoilery in much of the battle. 

I think Bran's speech is to Jon, after Jon learns of his true parentage. Jon would probably feel a lot of anger about not knowing the truth, given all his issues being a bastard. But Bran tells Jon that everything that has taken place had to take place - it was all meant to happen this way. 

One theory I like about why Arya is running is that she's setting a trap, like she did for the Waif. 

If she's fleeing from a wight, it's likely Sansa. I strongly suspect Sansa will die, though I hope not. I know a lot of people don't like her, but I feel like she's grown so much over the series and become a good leader, I want her to survive and help with rebuilding. But she seems like a strong candidate for not surviving. 

A lightened version of the trailer where you can see a lot more detail. Arya's long spear is broken when she's running. Wights don't bleed as much as whatever that thing was that Arya slashes in her last scene in the trailer. Must be something alive... Golden Company?

On 3/7/2019 at 2:19 PM, a black swan said:

In the opening scene, there is a lightened version of the trailer going around where you can see more detail (for example some people actually thought Arya's eye was damaged or missing lol) But you can see she is in tears. This is beyond scared. She looks emotionally wrecked. 

Indeed. This is the reason I said it's related to someone she loves. 

Wights were very difficult to kill in season 1 when Jon fought Othor, but last season during the wight hunt, it was comically easy. They're not shooting for consistency here. Can't be sure the blood in Arya's fight scene means anything.

We already have one revealed inconsistency for season 8 in that Jon announced even women and children would have to fight in some capacity yet we have a scene where people are huddled in the crypts. 

Archived