Season 8 Official Trailer Released

Westeros

On 3/15/2019 at 10:30 PM, Potsk said:

This may not be the thread for me to talk about this but I agree, her rise to the Iron Throne felt especially rushed and unrealistic. To be fair, it was the season finale, but realistically a lot of people would object to Cersei seizing the Iron Throne without a Great Council -- especially after blowing up the Great Sept and killing the regent, the queen, and indirectly the king, all on a religious holiday. With these factors in mind, the Estermonts - as relatives of both House Baratheon and House Targaryen - have a better chance of ruling the Seven Kingdoms than Cersei does.

The only excuse for Cersei assuming the throne would be if she was the only noble in town and everyone was afraid of her. But all she had was a Frankenstein's Monster, one Dark Wizard, and a bunch of kids. Even if surviving kingsguards, citywatch, and Lannisters flock to her, she only survives until the nearest Lord comes knocking or the people rise up. 

On 3/7/2019 at 8:44 AM, briantw said:

I'm definitely not ruling out Euron working with the Others either, as the timing of his homecoming is conspicuous as fuck and, in the books at least there's a whole lot of supernatural stuff going on with him.

How does one work with the Ice Zombie King? He don't even talk. 

14 minutes ago, darmody said:

Well, all these visions people keep having are presumably coming from somewhere.  Perhaps they showed him something in a vision?  It's hard to say because this is a theory that I think seems more plausible based on book Euron, who is awesome, rather than show Euron, who is just kind of there.  Euron seems poised to do some truly awful things in the books and thus I have to assume the fact that they bothered including him at all and keeping him through to the final season means he likely does something of significance. 

And perhaps the Drowned God is the same as the Great Other?

3 hours ago, darmody said:

Skroth. Even without that he's likely a telepath, as he's seen giving commands to his lieutenants with just glances

Archived