Season 8 Official Trailer

Euron III Greyjoy

23 hours ago, Lady_of_Mercia said:

He could be taking part of Aurane Waters' story in the books, who as far as we know has absconded with Cersei's brand new fleet and has set himself up as the pirate king of the Stepstones. I always expected ShowEuron to betray Cersei, because to me his talk of marrying the most beautiful woman in the world was about Dany, but Cersei is too vain to realise it.

Having Euron or The Golden Company do something similar to Aurane Waters actions in the books would be something, but I kind of doubt the show would do it.  First off, for some reason, Cersei is not The Wildfire Queen of the books, she's more an Ice Queen of Cunning and doesn't make the kind of mistakes that Book Cersei does.  Plus, if Euron/The Golden Company were to double cross her and abscond with a fleet, they just wouldn't return from Essos.  They'd desert her and Westeros and not return, as Euron pretended to do in front of the other people. 

It would be funny if the show would have Euron show that it is Dany that he'd be after, that it is her he calls the 'Most Beautiful Woman in the World' as he does in the books I think (?) and not Cersei.  But, ShowCersei even lacks BookCersei's super vanity, it seems to me, along with all her fire.  Euron's preference for another woman probably woulnd't faze her.  It doesn't matter how many septs this Cersei blows up with the green goo..........she is still not the WildFire Queen.  She's so smart and well put together (minus a few oddities, I guess, LOL) that she would probably expect Euron to go for the young girl with the dragons. 

And..........that's one reason why the trailer is all visual, and not much story, I'm guessing.  It is visually stunning, yes, well..........when it is visible, that is. 

On 3/8/2019 at 8:11 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Having Euron or The Golden Company do something similar to Aurane Waters actions in the books would be something, but I kind of doubt the show would do it.  First off, for some reason, Cersei is not The Wildfire Queen of the books, she's more an Ice Queen of Cunning and doesn't make the kind of mistakes that Book Cersei does.  Plus, if Euron/The Golden Company were to double cross her and abscond with a fleet, they just wouldn't return from Essos.  They'd desert her and Westeros and not return, as Euron pretended to do in front of the other people. 

It would be funny if the show would have Euron show that it is Dany that he'd be after, that it is her he calls the 'Most Beautiful Woman in the World' as he does in the books I think (?) and not Cersei.  But, ShowCersei even lacks BookCersei's super vanity, it seems to me, along with all her fire.  Euron's preference for another woman probably woulnd't faze her.  It doesn't matter how many septs this Cersei blows up with the green goo..........she is still not the WildFire Queen.  She's so smart and well put together (minus a few oddities, I guess, LOL) that she would probably expect Euron to go for the young girl with the dragons. 

And..........that's one reason why the trailer is all visual, and not much story, I'm guessing.  It is visually stunning, yes, well..........when it is visible, that is. 

I agree on her show vs book personality but with regards to mistakes, yes she does.  It's just that we've gone past the books.  She made the mistake of blaming Tyrion for Joffrey's death.  She made the mistake of allowing the Sparrow to happen and suffered the walk of shame.  She's pushed Jaime away (which will undoubtedly prove to be a mistake), she's put her faith in Euron (same), she's refused to see the hopeless situation she is in, she's back stabbed over half the realm which will haunt her, her blowing up the Sept lead directly to Tommen killing himself (I think in the books she will also blow up the Sept and Tommen will accidentally (or Varys initiated) die in it.

Varys is the key component missing from the show.  He is actively working against Cersei at every step whilst also putting her back into the position of power (because he knows she'll keep screwing up).  In the show Cersei is screwing up all on her own.....

That trailer was... dark and full of terrors? Or something.

This is the Series that Was Promised! It will be, at the very least, as bad as s 5 & 6 (and maybe 7,but I haven’t watched that yet). 

I just hope we get at least a three-way marriage (or is it four-way?) w/ Jonny Snowflake as the blushing groom, and Sansa, Arya, and auntie Dany as the brides. :D

I loved the trailer's music and the aesthetics of the show has finally done something for me (overall, the aesthetics of the last two seasons were not as great as the production value would indicate). But, between the Cersei's red dress and Sansa's black scales new outfit, the beauty of Iceland and dragons there, with Golden Company being well, golden, it's like we got a bit of life in the usually greyish spectrum of GoT.

I liked that the trailer didn't provide much spoilers save those that we already know would happen - Dany and Jon coming to WF and Beric and Tormund being alive. Many of the trailers nowadays are like "movies in 2 minutes". 

So, I liked the trailer. 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I just hope we get at least a three-way marriage (or is it four-way?) w/ Jonny Snowflake as the blushing groom, and Sansa, Arya, and auntie Dany as the brides. :D

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Btw is your suggestion better or worse than all these pedo ships people imagine for Sansa (for example)?

When it comes to the trailer all I can say is 'The night is dark and full of budget holes in the lightening department.'

13 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

This is the Series that Was Promised! It will be, at the very least, as bad as s 5 & 6 (and maybe 7,but I haven’t watched that yet). 

LOL  You are evil, I like it. 

Since this is a trailer thread, I figured I'd drop of this little thingy that HBO put out.  I don't think it has any new footage, though. 

https://twitter.com/HBO/status/1104034038409453569

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  You are evil, I like it. 

:devil:

Yes, icky disgusting incest all the way! 

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Since this is a trailer thread, I figured I'd drop of this little thingy that HBO put out.  I don't think it has any new footage, though. 

https://twitter.com/HBO/status/1104034038409453569

Dare I look? And even if I do, will I be able to see anything? :lol:

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

:devil:

Yes, icky disgusting incest all the way! 

Dare I look? And even if I do, will I be able to see anything? :lol:

It's HBO's little nod to Women's History Month, and I make no guarantees on the quality of the lighting, not with the GOT parts anyway. 

18 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

This is the series that is promised and fullfills the prophecy :P. Well at least, the showrunners don't f*** us every year with unfullfilled promisses.

You can read the new books, if you like them more of course...oh wait :D:D

19 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I'm surprised you watched it, as you hate the show so much!  I bet you won't watch the final season though.  The hypocrisy would be way too breathtaking if you did!  And can you imagine the waste of your life if you then came and did nothing but slate it on an internet forum?!

hate-watching
[ˈhātˌwäCHiNG]
NOUN
hatewatching (noun)
the activity of watching a television program for the sake of the enjoyment derived from mocking or criticizing it.
"it was the year that hate-watching became our national pastime"

On 3/12/2019 at 1:17 AM, Lollygag said:
hate-watching
[ˈhātˌwäCHiNG]

NOUN
hatewatching (noun)
the activity of watching a television program for the sake of the enjoyment derived from mocking or criticizing it.
"it was the year that hate-watching became our national pastime"

People truly are sad.  Life is so finite and they waste life on hate.

Anyway, let's keep that negativity in one thread and keep the other threads clear of it for those of us that want to discuss the show more objectively.

On 3/6/2019 at 3:23 PM, Euron III Greyjoy said:

I don't want to be right either, but unfortunately in this case I probably am. With the information provided by the show so far, I feel like it would be an ass-pull for them to randomly find something down there. In the books it could be many things, but that's because they crypts have been set up to be extremely important. Anything could be found down there from dragon eggs, the original sword Ice, or some kind of proof the Starks are related to the Others. 

Does Euron already have the Horn of Joramun, or Sam?  If that horn is still missing, it might be easy to just have it hidden in the crypts.  I cannot remember what we know about the horn at the end of 7.

17 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Does Euron already have the Horn of Joramun, or Sam?  If that horn is still missing, it might be easy to just have it hidden in the crypts.  I cannot remember what we know about the horn at the end of 7.

In the show? I think we know nothing about it. Sam found a horn in season 2 and it's never been mentioned since. 

I don't even remember in the show the words "horn of winter/joramun" being mentioned.

20 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

People truly are sad.  Life is so finite and they waste life on hate.

Anyway, let's keep that negativity in one thread and keep the other threads clear of it for those of us that want to discuss the show more objectively.

You do realize that you're spending time ragging on folks who disagree with you? Stones and glass houses.

If you want a positive-only thread, then start it yourself rather than trying to suppress others' views when the OPs made no such distinction. Also, if you want a very positive show discussion, GRRM's book discussion site isn't the best place to look. And you can't have an objective discussion of anything if you limit it to only positive statements. Holy cow. 

Your reading comprehension fail of that definition explains a lot. 

4 hours ago, Lollygag said:

You do realize that you're spending time ragging on folks who disagree with you? Stones and glass houses.

If you want a positive-only thread, then start it yourself rather than trying to suppress others' views when the OPs made no such distinction. Also, if you want a very positive show discussion, GRRM's book discussion site isn't the best place to look. And you can't have an objective discussion of anything if you limit it to only positive statements. Holy cow. 

Your reading comprehension fail of that definition explains a lot. 

Yeah but not much time.  And I don't want a positive only thread (that would be as ghastly as a negative only thread).  But I do think the constant stream of negativity by a few posters on here brings the whole place down.  Eventually every thread gets infected by the same sarcastic, negative style responses.......often in response to mere speculation (which I find incredibly odd).

Are you trying to be ironic with the comprehension comment?  "The largest A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thronesforum on the web. Whether you are looking for discussions of the books or the show, there's a section for you a the forum.".  This isn't a GRRM book discussion site......

Archived