What is the dumbest house Sigil/ coat of arms.

silversnake33

7 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

IS THAT AN ACTUAL HOUSE OF - 

WHAT?????? 

6 minutes ago, Plain, Simple Tailor said:

IS THAT AN ACTUAL HOUSE OF - 

WHAT?????? 

I was thinking House Piper but this goes with it as well. 

I find House Darry to be interesting but seriously? A plowman on a brown field?

On 3/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, Legitimate_Bastard said:

House Errol. Stupid bloody hay bale/stack.

God, a pitchfork would have been better!!

house haigh?

I like all these plowmen and naked women dacing, 

but the house ball. or plumm.  c'mon.

2 hours ago, broken one said:

house haigh?

I like all these plowmen and naked women dacing, 

but the house ball. or plumm.  c'mon.

Agreed.  I think my arms would be House Flint of Widow's Watch's eyes quartered or halved and leering at the Piper dancing maiden.  

Heraldry I find boring/lacking:  House Peake, all the houses with a plane Pall, Chevron, etc (Coldwater, Tollett, Blacktyde, Sparr, Hardyng, Moreland).  Also, the hands of Allyrion and Flint of Flint's Finger are pretty lame.  

On 3/6/2019 at 6:36 AM, Legitimate_Bastard said:

House Errol. Stupid bloody hay bale/stack.

God, a pitchfork would have been better!!

The Darrys have a plowman as their house sigil. The Haighs have a pitchfork. The Harlaws have a scythe. 

There seems to be a weird subgenre of houses with farming-related sigils. *puts on tinfoil hat* MAYBE THEY'RE ALL IN LEAGUE TO PUT JON ON THE THRONE AND DETHRONE THE LANNISTERS!!! 

The Grand Farming House Sigil Conspiracy. Now that's a theory I can get behind. 

7 hours ago, nyser1 said:

I find House Darry to be interesting but seriously? A plowman on a brown field?

It's actually a black plowman on a brown field.

I learned this from @thewolfspider:

https://youtu.be/4zYCCR0kVvs?t=86

It's a homage to Arnold Schwarzenegger as a T-800 terminator rescuing a mother and a son from Robert Patrick, a T-1000 terminator.

Willem Darry rescues Queen Rhaella and Viserys Targaryen from a King Robert.

6 hours ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

The pitchfork was taken!

It looks like a Trident to me: https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/Entry/House_Haigh/
House Haigh was one of the three knights/houses that got their ass whooped by the Knight of the Laughing Tree.

6 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

It's actually a black plowman on a brown field.

I learned this from @thewolfspider:

https://youtu.be/4zYCCR0kVvs?t=86

It's a homage to Arnold Schwarzenegger as a T-800 terminator rescuing a mother and a son from Robert Patrick, a T-1000 terminator.

Willem Darry rescues Queen Rhaella and Viserys Targaryen from a King Robert.

It looks like a Trident to me: https://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/Entry/House_Haigh/
House Haigh was one of the three knights/houses that got their ass whooped by the Knight of the Laughing Tree.

I think that is a bunch of trite, to be honest. 

Darry rescued Dany too - where is she? LOL these youtubers churn out what I think is total rubbish. Gotta get that ad revenue!!

On House Haigh - why doesn't the description say Trident?

The image you linked is indeed a trident, but the pertinent text states clearly it is a pitchfork.

A Feast for Crows - Jaime VI

When the three of them stepped off the ferry on the north bank, a drunken camp follower offered to pleasure Strongboar with her mouth. "Here, pleasure my friend," Ser Lyle said, shoving her toward Ser Ilyn. Laughing, the woman moved to kiss Payne on the lips, then saw his eyes and shrank away.
The paths between the cookfires were raw brown mud, mixed with horse dung and torn up by hooves and boots alike. Everywhere Jaime saw the twin towers of House Frey displayed on shield and banners, blue on grey, along with the arms of lesser Houses sworn to the Crossing: the heron of Erenford, the pitchfork of Haigh, Lord Charlton's three sprigs of mistletoe. The arrival of the Kingslayer did not go unnoticed. An old woman selling piglets from a basket stopped to stare at him, a knight with a half-familiar face went to one knee, and two men-at-arms pissing in a ditch turned and sprayed each other. "Ser Jaime," someone called after him, but he strode on without turning. Around him he glimpsed the faces of men he'd done his best to kill in the Whispering Wood, where the Freys had fought beneath the direwolf banners of Robb Stark. His golden hand hung heavy at his side.

A pitchfork can have any number of prongs I suppose.

But the point is, it's a pitchfork not a trident.

What does House Haigh and the KotLT have to do with anything? 

Archived