Football: Bernaburned

mormont

Ha! Norway up 2-0, then (to the surprise of absolutely fucking nobody) down 2-3, then squeak out a frankly undeserved draw two minutes past the initial added time.

"Defending deep" for nearly 40 minutes cost us there, but Sweden weren't that good either, so it's all right I guess. 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Talking about fees. I must say Cardiff's attempt to worm itself out of paying the transfer fee for Sala is really classy.

It's fucking disgusting. I hope they are forced to pay and punished as well. 

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's fucking disgusting. I hope they are forced to pay and punished as well. 

It is, but you kinda have admire the balls it takes.

I mean they were all big about the black armbands, Warnock travelling to Argentina for the funeral publicly claiming although he had never played for me, he was still one of my players. And to now claim, the contract was not approved by the EPL so the contract is void, thus none of our players.

That is really some high class jackassery.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:43 AM, Dolorous Gabe said:

You haven't really given up have you? I assume you just don't want to get your hopes up in case they are dashed.

I genuinely think it's a 50-50 call currently.

I think the probabilities now are City 66%, Liverpool 33%, Other 1%.  City’s better quality finishing and their slim lead in points and GD makes them much better than a 50:50.  Liverpool look a bit short of goals still.

I think tomorrow will be a decissive game wrt to the EPL title. If Liverpool drops points, then it's hard to see a way for them to win the league. They'd need City to lose twice. I think City will drop few points eventually (particularly the Manchester derby comes to mind). But Liverpool will also need to win pretty much everything, and Spurs is gonna be a tough game.

Transfer rumour mill.

Bosz has raised question on whether Leverkusen will be able to keep three of their German stars.

Brandt has a release fee clause that kicks in this summer, so that should raise some interest. Havertz is rumoredly on the Bayern shortlist, and centreback Tah is the third he isn't sure whether he will be there next season.

The contract of Leipzigs werner runs out in 2020. Rangnick said he is not willing to go into next season with Werner just having one year left (and basically buggering off after the next season). There are serious doubts whether Werner will sign a new long term contract. Again Bayern are rumoredly interested.

That was Everton's best performance this year. I think we were helped in that West Ham didn't show up - my suspicion is that the guys in claret and blue really was Unknown Fishing Village Young Boys, who had kidnapped the West Ham team (beats me why) and used the match as an audition. 

It fell flat.

More seriously, we were more aggressive than we've been for ages, our passing was precise, there was plenty of movement off the ball and several players attempted - and succeeded - with through balls (plus balls played into the space between midfield and defense). Harder passes, more one touch-football .. we looked good. Repeat for 37 games and we're talking .. something.

Happy, now.

8 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I think the probabilities now are City 66%, Liverpool 33%, Other 1%.  City’s better quality finishing and their slim lead in points and GD makes them much better than a 50:50.  Liverpool look a bit short of goals still.

Goals are certainly the issue for Liverpool but I would argue that smash and grab results are more plausible against City because of the spaces we are willing to leave. I'll back Liverpool to hold onto a 1-goal lead but I won't back City to. Without a 2-goal cushion we're open to dropping points.

I concede that maybe 50:50 was wrong but I believe you've got more chance than you think.

Just don’t get how you can get so much hype and even get a senior England team call up yet not get any minutes vs Cardiff. Transfer ban forcing Chelsea not to sell is the only way I see CHO staying at Chelsea unless Sarri is sacked. 

Cardiff will feel robbed after that 

To me, this Spurs team with Rose in looks like a car rolling without tires on its left side.

Still feel that something could happen in this tie though. Liverpool did produce great football in 1st half, but they aren't dominant anymore. Spurs look better, but anything could happen.

In the perspective of a top3 race, I hope Pool don't concede points today.

Whew, if we'd dropped points there I think that would have been the title race done, I can't see City dropping points twice.

I don't normally agree with Soylent's Klopp criticism but he probably should have brought Fabinho on a lot earlier. The midfield really wasn't offering any control once Spurs adjusted to their early tactical issues.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

Whew, if we'd dropped points there I think that would have been the title race done, I can't see City dropping points twice.

I don't normally agree with Soylent's Klopp criticism but he probably should have brought Fabinho on a lot earlier. The midfield really wasn't offering any control once Spurs adjusted to their early tactical issues.

god yes,i was shouting throughout the match,take off Milner,bring on Fab.why oh why does Klopp keep starting Milner! i don't get it.So glad we got the 3 points but we really need goals from Salah.How many times are we going to depend on luck for defending 1 goal lead!!

Archived