Football: Bernaburned

mormont

14 hours ago, Jeor said:

Does 4th place still have to do CL playoffs? If so, there's a real benefit to finishing 3rd instead of 4th.

Not anymore. The top 4 teams from the top 4 leagues (La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga and Serie A) get automatic entry to the group stage. Liverpool finished 4th last season and didn't have to go through playoffs. 

I thought we played quite well for 60 odd minutes. Our finishing let us down once again. We really should have tucked away a couple more of all the chances we created. It's going to be a tough ask finishing in the top 4 from here. Spurs have a tough fixture list and hopefully they keep dropping points. We really need Chelsea to fuck up as well - our game against them could be the decider. Arsenal have the easiest run-in and shouldn't have too much trouble securing a top 4 place. 

Obviously, it doesn't prevent racism but the zero-tolerance approach to monkey chants in the UK was absolutely the right approach as it stopped that from happening a long time ago.

I'll never forget the Man City-Porto tie going back a few years back when we complained about them doing monkey chants and then they complained after the second leg about us chanting "you're not incredible" at Hulk, like as if there's no difference between the two.

13 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Against the top 6 at least. Huddersfield somehow did the double over them lol

Hah fair. I hope that Wolves side shows up when Arsenal plays them since they're so bad in away games.

So I decided to watch German Cup quarterfinal. Todays early game Bayern vs. Heidenheim (second tier).

I switch the TV on, Bayern leading 1-0. I was like, ok, no surprises there.

Suddenly Süle with horror challenge to stop a counter. VAR intereference the ref. decided it was red card and not a yellow afterall.

Then Heidenheim starts to show up, 1-1. And now it's 2-1 Heidenheim (Heidenheim legend Schnatterer with the second goal) at halftime.

It's all been a bit gloomy at Stamford Bridge lately. But, finally, Sarri starts Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi in the same league game and we win a match convincingly. 

It's not the manager's job to appease the fans by picking the players they want to play, but it was the first time Sarri did so - and we won, while playing better than we have been. Christensen, Emerson, RLC, CHO and Giroud all deserved their chance to play, so credit to Sarri for proving to the fans that he isn't always going to pick his favourites. 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Am I missing something with all the hype, it is just a stadium right? 

Who gives a fuck. Also, if you can't sell out on the first match after this long a wait you probably don't deserve it. 

There are differences :)

This one looks (from TV, anyway) intimate while still being large. And the fans were loud - to a degree where I suspect the stadium enhances sound. 

Agree with your last sentence, though.

1 hour ago, Rorshach said:

There are differences :)

This one looks (from TV, anyway) intimate while still being large. And the fans were loud - to a degree where I suspect the stadium enhances sound

Agree with your last sentence, though.

Yup, they hired acoustic consultants for sound enhancing:

"U2's acoustic consultants were involved in the stadium design in an effort to make it as noisy and atmospheric"

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

"U2's acoustic consultants were involved in the stadium design in an effort to make it as noisy and atmospheric"

How utterly embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

You can't buy love, but you can - it seems - buy atmosphere :D

Archived