Make Mine Captain Marvel! (SPOILERS)

Jeor

Hardy is gruff, but I don't think he's really the right type of gruff.  In all seriousness I haven't seen any suggestions that I'd actually think viable.  Maybe Crowe 20 years ago could do it.

6 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I have been secretly hoping for a while that Henry Cavill will dump DC/Superman and become the new Wolverine.  He's the only person I can see doing it.

6 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Jesus, are there no midget actors around for Wolverine we can call on? I'm sick of this odd version of Wolverine who is over 6ft!

Unfortunately people would have kittens for reasons that will be obvious in a couple of words from now.

I would like the next Wolverine to be Kevin Hart.

I know I know, people will hate the idea because he's a comedian. But he's a good actor, he does the short man syndrome really well, and he's reasonably fit.

1 minute ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Unfortunately people would have kittens for reasons that will be obvious in a couple of words from now.

I know I know, people will hate the idea because he's a comedian. But he's a good actor, he does the short man syndrome really well, and he's reasonably fit.

Lol, well at least he’s short..

But do you think they need an A/B+ list actor for the role?

Also, here's a list of actors under 5'8" any stand out to you?

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls006831111/

I wonder if Dave Franco would be any good. I can't remember him in anything. But his brother is an excellent actor.

27 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Lol, I was waiting for someone to say a black actor, to which I would have replied "No, I don't want Kevin Hart." And seriously not Hart. And it's not just the comedian part. For example, recall Jackman's screams when he played angry Wolverine. I cannot imagine Hart sounding in any way intimidating.  

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Lol, I was waiting for someone to say a black actor, to which I would have replied "No, I don't want Kevin Hart." And seriously not Hart. And it's not just the comedian part. For example, recall Jackman's screams when he played angry Wolverine. I cannot imagine Hart sounding in any way intimidating.  

That's because he's never done a serious scream, he's only done comedy screams, which, he's good at.

32 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Smell the fart acting indeed

Love the Joey reference.

17 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I wonder if Dave Franco would be any good.

Dave Franco is just as bad as the Kevin Hart suggestion.  Thank you for that, so I don't seem as racist dismissing the latter.

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

That's because he's never done a serious scream, he's only done comedy screams, which, he's good at.

Exactly. Like I said, I can't imagine. And if you want a shorter black actor, how about Jamil Walker Smith? He's 5'9". He hasn't done much, mainly TV, but I've seen him act the tough archetype in Stargate Universe.

15 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

But do you think they need an A/B+ list actor for the role?

Also, here's a list of actors under 5'8" any stand out to you?

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls006831111/

I wonder if Dave Franco would be any good. I can't remember him in anything. But his brother is an excellent actor.

Wow, thats an extensive list, and yet I don't think I'd want a single one of them. Gendry was the only one I half considered. 

Hollywood is clearly Height-ist.

18 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

i can't remember dave franco in anything. 

That's the way he likes it.   

What about casting for max body hair over fame?   What about Golum Guy?  Nancy Kerrigan at first sounds flippant, but after you get into the 3rd or 4th minute of considering her in a hairy prosthesis...it clicks into place and you can't picture wolverine any other way.

Archived