Make Mine Captain Marvel! (SPOILERS)

Jeor

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

I wondered about Gendry too. I thought he was OK in GoT but I only watched up to season 5, so I don't know if he's improved his craft since then. And I don't remember him in anything else.

The only thing hes got going for him is his frame and he looks a bit angry. He's far from a great actor.

4 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Nancy Kerrigan at first sounds flippant, but after you get into the 3rd or 4th minute of considering her in a hairy prosthesis...it clicks into place and you can't picture wolverine any other way.

I'm going to have to smoke all the weed I have left to understand this logic.

49 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I know this isnt particularly serious but dear lord no. Smell the fart acting indeed

Plus, we would have to hear him complain about maintaining another silly haircut for the next 10 years. :P

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

The only thing hes got going for him is his frame and he looks a bit angry. He's far from a great actor.

Wasn't he in "the fades"? He did quite a lot of mindless, angry grunting in that.

They just need a relative unknown who fits the bill, ultimately. Save some money and spend it on another X-men character. The role will make the actor famous - they don't need to sell Wolverine by casting someone famous.

1 minute ago, red snow said:

Wasn't he in "the fades"? He did quite a lot of mindless, angry grunting in that.

They just need a relative unknown who fits the bill, ultimately. Save some money and spend it on another X-men character. The role will make the actor famous - they don't need to sell Wolverine by casting someone famous.

Agree. 

I don't care about it being a name. Just make him short, stocky, hairy and.. not a teenager!

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Agree. 

I don't care about it being a name. Just make him short, stocky, hairy and.. not a teenager!

A CGI de-aged Paul Giamatti :)

Tom Hollander always plays a vicious little man quite well see The night manager. Joking but if being short and able to act angry is the main calling card, there you go 5ft5 and Wolverine is old anyhow.

So we are mostly pointing Woverine towards not being a romantic lead. I wonder if they are brave enough to really pivot away from the movie fandom seeing him as a heart throb character. Even comic fans have looked past Hugh being a super sexy Wolverine, because he's such a great actor. But being super sexy himself has made Wolverine super sexy.

1 minute ago, Jon AS said:

Christian Kane would make for a good Wolverine in my mind, he can pull off the attitude and the action (and he's not exceptionally tall).

Could be, I can't remember seeing him in anything, but he looks the part. But late 40s is getting on the old side for bringing in a character you are likely to want to put on screen using the same actor for at least the next 15 years. Jackman was 32 when the first X-men movie came out and now he's 50, only a few years older than Kane. Jackman could continue being Wolverine for another 15 years, but that's only because of incumbency.

47 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Damn right. I don't mind him being a creepy Jean Grey stalker though.

If they are being faithful to the comics, everyone is a creepy jean grey stalker.

51 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

So we are mostly pointing Woverine towards not being a romantic lead. I wonder if they are brave enough to really pivot away from the movie fandom seeing him as a heart throb character. Even comic fans have looked past Hugh being a super sexy Wolverine, because he's such a great actor. But being super sexy himself has made Wolverine super sexy.

Logan must have a rugged charm or charisma at least as he's bedded about as many women as bond.

Actually thinking about age. I think for longevity they kind of need to cast someone who will be at or under 40 (but over 30) when the first MCU X-men movie comes out. So sadly I have to end my Kevin Hart bid, since he's already 40, or will be in 4 months.

3 minutes ago, mormont said:

Listen, when it comes to who Marvel should cast as Wolverine in the MCU, the answer is staring us in the face.

Dafne Keen.

It would really get the anti-gender bending fans in a confused tizzie, since everyone thought she was great in Logan. They hate the thought of a female playing Wolverine, but they love her for how she did in Logan.

But ignoring the deliciousness of that, I like it.

10 minutes ago, mormont said:

Listen, when it comes to who Marvel should cast as Wolverine in the MCU, the answer is staring us in the face.

Dafne Keen.

Aye, I'd be totally fine with them continuing that.  And there's no reason not to, at leas that we know of.  She was great.

Archived