Make Mine Captain Marvel! (SPOILERS)

Jeor

3 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

She's been actual Wolverine in the comics for a while, though God knows they reboot that thing twice a year.

Oh, so the comics have given her that title? I didn't know that. Seems like a pretty damned clear path for Feige then. Completely obliterates any "he's no Hugh Jackman" complaints.

4 minutes ago, john said:

Dafne Keen is 14.  When are we expecting these movies!?

I think there will be one within 3 years. Though if Dark Pheonix does really bad they might wait a bit longer.

17 is a bit young, imo, although I guess it’s workable if they want to do a teenage Xmen movie.  I’m hoping she does 5 years of His Dark Materials, so after that, fine.

45 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Thanks to Nancy Kerrigan for blazing the trail for women wolverines back when people weren't ready to accept it 20 minutes ago.  The unsung hero, Nancy.

Uh, no.  I'm still waiting for any tangible explanation as to "why Nancy Kerrigan" that doesn't entail some type of acid, or maybe shrooms.

34 minutes ago, john said:

Dafne Keen is 14.  When are we expecting these movies!?

Turner and Williams were what?  Meh.  I don't like Hollywood-izing kids, but it is what it is.

Dafne Keen would be fine, she was phenomenal in Logan (which I am still mad got no Oscar credit, Jackman and Stewart and Keen all deserved nominations, she was doing a bilingual role for Fucks Sake!!!)

In the comics Wolverine is forever dead. The Death of Wolverine still stands. However I dont think Fox/Marvel/Disney are ready to turn that role over to a woman yet. If they do then yeah give her the role, but if it's a guy I still say it has to be Henry Cavil. I have been in love with Wolverine since Xmen came out in 2000, he has always been my favorite Superhero since I read the comics as a kid. So I personally still want a heartthrob in the role.

10 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Ehhhh spoilers for comics:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m almost positive the death of Wolverine was undone. I’ll gave to check later

It was

also, I’m still beyond pissed this Disney merger ruined our chances of seeing an X-23 movie any time soon. Laura, She Hulk and Spider Gewen are my favorite marvel ladies. 

2 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

if it's a guy I still say it has to be Henry Cavil

I agree that Cavill is actually kind of underrated as an actor and wasted in the DC universe.  However, I'm not sure he'd fit as Logan.  Than again maybe I'm just being a contrarian/onerous.  I certainly wouldn't complain about that choice.

16 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

costume and blood and guts and everything

Logan (the film) is as much blood and guts you're going to get thanks to the MPAA.  Hell, look at Kill Bill - Tarantino had to edit out a lot of blood so as to avoid an NC-17 rating.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Logan (the film) is as much blood and guts you're going to get thanks to the MPAA.  Hell, look at Kill Bill - Tarantino had to edit out a lot of blood so as to avoid an NC-17 rating.

Yeah its a shame. Logan and The Wolverine are decent portrayals of the character, I just wish I'd seen more of that in the Xmen movies

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Yeah its a shame. Logan and The Wolverine are decent portrayals of the character, I just wish I'd seen more of that in the Xmen movies

Yes all the solo Wolverine movies were good except the Origin one Directed/Written by my least favorite Director in the industry. David Benioff. Thanks for ruining everything you touch dude.

6 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Yes all the solo Wolverine movies were good except the Origin one Directed/Written by my least favorite Director in the industry. David Benioff. Thanks for ruining everything you touch dude.

I thought Gavin Hood directed it, but Benioff was co-writer.

Archived