Poll. Is Bran ever leaving the cave?

Impbread

1 hour ago, Bowen 747 said:

I don't know.  I hope he can break out of the Stark's primitive pack mindset and do what's best for the people.  

For some odd reason I am thinking of the Dali Lama, mindfulness and Buddhism.

CotF can't possibility be a peaceful people, can they?

Any idea how the cripple Bran gets out of the warded CotF cave?

Martin's CotF cave back door is a sink hole.

If the kids don't have a rope no one is climbing down or up.

Ahhhhhhhh, never mind. Let martin write for himself.

A Dance with Dragons - Bran II     "Is this the only way in?" asked Meera.   "The back door is three leagues north, down a sinkhole."     That was all he had to say. Not even Hodor could climb down into a sinkhole with Bran heavy on his back, and Jojen could no more walk three leagues than run a thousand.

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

No, he wrote “NO” because Coldhands isn’t Benjen, and he isn’t Benjen’s souless body either. :)

Wait until I dissect the name origins of "Coldhands" and "Benjen" ... its super sneaky. Thank God for Wikipedia.

8 minutes ago, The Map Guy said:

Wait until I dissect the name origins of "Coldhands" and "Benjen" ... its super sneaky. Thank God for Wikipedia.

I actually like this response,  When you find the connection that Benjen is Coldhands please share,

No one in the story bad mouths the CotF. Why, do you consider the CotF bad guys?

3 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Yepper, they are waiting for Georgie to finish telling the tale.

Ha! I know, it has been five books so far, just invade already! Geez!

Why, do you consider the CotF bad guys?

Theory 1: They were good guys at some point, but they all died. They were resurrected as wights by the Others, like Benjen. They can speak and they can cook.

Theory 2: They helped awaken the Others for the revenge against humans.

AND why did LC Rivers go ranging only to disappear and end up in a CotF cave that is warded?

I don't have any concrete proof of this, so its a baseless theory. Read for fun!

I worked backyards on this pet theory:

I noticed there was a competition between Gilly's baby and Mance's baby.

I have established that Gilly is the granddaughter of Broodraven, making Gilly's baby a Targaryen and a Blackwood.

What would make an interesting story is that Mance's baby and Mance himself is a Bracken.

The rival story of the Blackwoods and Brackens continued on Beyond the Wall with the lineage of Bloodraven and the lineage of Mance.

Bloodraven was a bad ass at his prime in King's Landing, until he killed a guest beneath his roof (Aenys Blackfire). He, his children and his lineage was cursed for the rest of their lives, like the Rat Cook.

He was sent to the Wall in 233AC. He mated with a wildling woman and had Craster. Because Bloodraven made a vow, he could not father Craster.

Then in 252 AC, Mance is born to a wildling woman with Bracken blood, and some random NW brother.

• Bloodraven's Blackwood = cursed bastards
  • Mance's Bracken = luckiest bastards

Unlike baby Craster 'Blackwood', baby Mance 'Bracken' was taken by the NW.

I don't think Bloodraven knew Mance was a Bracken, but because it was hypocritical that the NW took in Mance, and not Craster ... forced Bloodraven to abandon the NW in the so called "ranging" where he allegedly disappeared.

Bloodraven awakens the Others with black magic. He reunites with his ~18 year old son Craster and began inbreeding a bastard Blackwood-Targaryen dynasty Beyond the Wall. He hoped with the help of the Others and the zombies, he would invade Westeros have someone with his lineage sit on the Iron Throne.

Then Bloodraven and the Others attack the remaining CotF in their cave. Either:

• Bloodraven used black magic to tie himself to the tree to elongate his life, OR
  • Bloodraven was killed by the CotF during the attack. The Others resurrected him into the tree.

Back to Mance: Mance flourished in the NW and eventually became the King Beyond the Wall with the wildlings. Mance was luckier than Craster when they were babies, and Mance is luckier now as an adult. Mance could have been killed a few times, but he survived. (Off-topic: Mance is not captured by Ramsey, the whole Pink Letter is fake!)

Now history repeats itself with Mance's baby and Craster's/Gilly's baby at Castle Black.

Craster's baby was suppose to go on the journey to Oldtown with Sam, Gilly & Aemon, while Mance's baby may be burned by Melisandre.

Jon Snow does the baby swap and now Mance's lineage becomes lucky again, Bloodraven's lineage is cursed once again.

Bittersteel was almost the Bracken lineage that made it Beyond the Wall, but he escaped to Essos.

Luckily in Fire & Blood, we learned that Olyver Bracken was sent to the NW around ~48AC?

Because of FaB, this pet theory is still alive because some wildlings beyond the wall may have Bracken blood.

Anyways, just a pet theory. Its not a big deal. It just revives the Blackwood and Bracken rival in a secret way with Bloodraven & Mance.

39 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I actually like this response,  When you find the connection that Benjen is Coldhands please share

I already found it, but I will share it some day. It digs deep into Top Secret Theory, and Top Secret Theory is too taboo to talk about here. I don't wanna get myself banned.

14 minutes ago, Three-Fingered Pete said:

See, I told you that you were wise. :)

Flattery works. I like it. :wub:

:smoking: I recently read Preston & Child"s Pendergast newest novel.

A self contained book like Gabaldon's Outlander.

Sure the authors continue their story ---- they just don't leave a bunch of loose ends flapping round.

LMAO martin isn't a Tolkien.

21 hours ago, The Map Guy said:

I already found it, but I will share it some day. It digs deep into Top Secret Theory, and Top Secret Theory is too taboo to talk about here. I don't wanna get myself banned.

One must be careful. :mellow:

My guess is Bran will remain in the cave. And progressively fuse with a tree. It's the place where he can use whatever power the Old Gods can yield.

Benjen is not dead, and he is not Coldhands. Like Howland Reed, I expect he has something to say about Lyanna. If anyone knew Lyanna's secrets, it was her little brother. Coldhands+BR saved him and sent him somewhere. Skagos maybe. To wait for Rickon. Someone must have convinced Osha and Rickon to flee North, not South. If they were not taken there by force.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:15 PM, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

Nope.  Pretty sure he's going to end up a tree.  The back door might be used to Meera and Jojen to escape from the Children and perhaps from Bran himself.  He's one of my favorite characters, but I think he's on a very dark path with no coming back. 

If they use the route who will tell us brand is the only POV in the group thus he must go with them

On 3/8/2019 at 5:32 PM, kissdbyfire said:

He will do that, but he’ll use Theon. 

As far as I’m concerned, nothing the abomination does is confirmation of anything. 

I think he will leave the cave.

Bran is the Prince of Winterfell, and Wintefell will be absolutely crucial in the near-ish future. 

I think you are correct with the theon angle. His name does mean godly and he seems to be able to hear bran

If the old gods ate Howland Reed's kids he would then lack enthusiasm for the old gods after hearing about that through the weir grapevine.  The bloom would be off the rose, you know what I'm saying.    Howland is an alum of the forest college, and all the top schools know the importance of keeping their ulumni society happy.  So the old gods should try to do better by Mr. Reed than pasting Jojen and horribly betraying Bran to an evil destiny after Howland was nice enough to send the kids packing on that trek into the Trees.   You need a happy Howland if you're the old gods so he'll be willing to pimp the old gods' candidate for King, Mr. Snow, when the time comes. This is simple logistics , but it doesn't put a fire in anyone's loins.   It's sexier to make children of the forest evil because that squares better with the parenting experience of so many readers which teaches us that Earth children are in fact evil.  People need to remember the CotF aren't going to behave like our kids, they blaze their own trail as a separate species.  So we have to stop applying our anti-children bias to the Children.  

On 3/15/2019 at 9:34 PM, Clegane'sPup said:

I actually like this response,  When you find the connection that Benjen is Coldhands please share,

No one in the story bad mouths the CotF. Why, do you consider the CotF bad guys?

Great question. They are of the earth and they are o ng the side of the living 

52 minutes ago, Impbread said:

I think you are correct with the theon angle. His name does mean godly and he seems to be able to hear bran

Yup. Theon thinking the OG know his name is part of it, but there's loads and loads more. :)

Archived