Poll. Is Bran ever leaving the cave?

Impbread

On 3/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, Clegane'sPup said:

One must be careful. :mellow:

No worries, I will.

I'll PM you with what I have on how the Others, Bloodraven, Coldhands & Craster are all bad guys. Get ready to laugh again at some fresh Top Secret Theory formulas. :D

I think that Bran will leave the cave by the end of the books.  He has started his apprenticeship with Brynden but he is still free moving.  It is implied that he will have greater abilities than his mentor and that will come in handy when the Long Night settles over Westeros.  I think he will play a big role in learning about the nature of the threat represented by the Others.  I also think that the solution to defeating the Others and saving humanity from them will involve the end of magic.  If Bran has still not joined with the roots of the trees by the end of the story he will emerge from the cave as a normal crippled boy with no special powers. 

Merely my dry weird wit acting up ---- Bran has a tree dream or the old gods provide a vision ---- Bran has the CotF build a wheelchair and attach skis to it. Add a cart and Bran and companions using poles glide back to magical gate at Nightfort. Once they climb up the stairs they are confronted by the jaw grinding Stannis who proclaims Bran the Lord of WF. :idea:

Bran may indeed leave that cave, but that action may be forced by the destruction of the cave

Then the night king carries bran piggyback to the heart of winter and shoves a cone of cold up bran's butt to hook him up to the Ice Net that's been hacking the weirnet?  And bran cries a cold hot tear as he melts the winter heart with love?

Bran has the CotF build a wheelchair and attach skis to it. Add a cart and Bran and companions using poles glide back

The Santa's sleigh of Westeros emerges.  The world will remember Bran's heroism by exchanging gifts.   Bran is tiny tim, osha the ghost of christmas present, cold hands the ghost of christmas past, hodor represents the future.

13 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Merely my dry weird wit acting up ---- Bran has a tree dream or the old gods provide a vision ---- Bran has the CotF build a wheelchair and attach skis to it. Add a cart and Bran and companions using poles glide back to magical gate at Nightfort. Once they climb up the stairs they are confronted by the jaw grinding Stannis who proclaims Bran the Lord of WF. :idea:

Well, he does have a big doggy to yoke to the sled. Mush Summer, mush! :whip:

11 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Then the night king carries bran piggyback to the heart of winter and shoves a cone of cold up bran's butt to hook him up to the Ice Net that's been hacking the weirnet?  And bran cries a cold hot tear as he melts the winter heart with love?

No fair! You know you get me all hot and bothered when you talk like that Eliza! :kiss:

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Ruki88 said:

According to That Which Shall Not Be Named ending, he does more than leave the cave apparently...<_<

Yup. And that gives us literally zero info on the book story! :P

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yup. And that gives us literally zero info on the book story! :P

Ah, I wish! But the actor who played Bran said that GRRM had 2 things planned for this character: the Hodor revelation and him ending up king.

Based on this info this I don't know if I should feel happy or not that GRRM might not finish the series.:dunno:

39 minutes ago, Ruki88 said:

Ah, I wish! But the actor who played Bran said that GRRM had 2 things planned for this character: the Hodor revelation and him ending up king.

Based on this info this I don't know if I should feel happy or not that GRRM might not finish the series.:dunno:

I am well aware of what IHS said, it's just that I am much less sure it actually means much. :)

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I am well aware of what IHS said, it's just that I am much less sure it actually means much. :)

Hmmm, I like the optimism of some ppl even after the abysmal ending. Not being sarcastic, genuinely would like to be positive myself.

Some ppl theorised that D&D misconstrued what GRRM meant but seriously, I don't see the author giving dubious info without explaining what he meant on something so important. He's also the one insisting he won't change the endgame...:bs:

I'll keep my expectations low - that was one of the things I learn from the show. And from GRRM as well considering his penchant of giving deadlines that he misses. Like reeeeeally misses.

40 minutes ago, Ruki88 said:

Hmmm, I like the optimism of some ppl even after the abysmal ending. Not being sarcastic, genuinely would like to be positive myself.

Abysmal ending of the abomination, which shall not be discussed this side of the forum. I'll leave it at that.

Some ppl theorised that D&D misconstrued what GRRM meant but seriously, I don't see the author giving dubious info without explaining what he meant on something so important.

Misconstrued, misinterpreted, put their own spin, etc. Many alternatives, and again, not here. 

He's also the one insisting he won't change the endgame...:bs:

Not sure I follow... do you mean you don't believe Martin when he says he won't change his ending b/c of the other thing? B/c I believe him 100%. 

I'll keep my expectations low - that was one of the things I learn from the show. And from GRRM as well considering his penchant of giving deadlines that he misses. Like reeeeeally misses.

Really? I mean, sure, I remember quite a few missed deadlines for AFfC and ADwD, but precisely because of those he has said he won't make these predictions anymore, and as far as I recall, he hasn't. 

ETA: sorry, I misread what you said. I was thinking about his own predictions on finishing books, not deadlines w/ publishers and such. Still, at this point I think his publishers have 'soft' deadlines and know very well how Martin works, what's his MO, etc. 

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Abysmal ending of the abomination, which shall not be discussed this side of the forum. I'll leave it at that.

Misconstrued, misinterpreted, put their own spin, etc. Many alternatives, and again, not here. 

Not sure I follow... do you mean you don't believe Martin when he says he won't change his ending b/c of the other thing? B/c I believe him 100%. 

Really? I mean, sure, I remember quite a few missed deadlines for AFfC and ADwD, but precisely because of those he has said he won't make these predictions anymore, and as far as I recall, he hasn't. 

ETA: sorry, I misread what you said. I was thinking about his own predictions on finishing books, not deadlines w/ publishers and such. Still, at this point I think his publishers have 'soft' deadlines and know very well how Martin works, what's his MO, etc. 

https://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html  

THE WINDS OF WINTER is not finished.

Believe me, it gave me no pleasure to type those words. You're disappointed, and you're not alone. My editors and publishers are disappointed, HBO is disappointed, my agents and foreign publishers and translators are disappointed... but no one could possibly be more disappointed than me. For months now I have wanted nothing so much as to be able to say, "I have completed and delivered THE WINDS OF WINTER" on or before the last day of 2015.

But the book's not done.

^ written on martin's blog January 2, 2016.

As to the thread title is bran ever leaving the cave --- I kinda thought Bran and companions left the CotF cave via Grendel and his brothers way.  The free folk tunnel tale given to Jon by Ygritte.

YES - I think he will leave the cave and soon.

If ppl are going to mention the abomination isn't it also worth considering that GRRM would of relayed the plot points in broad strokes? Plus, it mushed certain characters together into one. Bran becoming King might not be Bran himself. He's a wargy greenseer. So he could be the king by occupying someone else? Because it's difficult imagining a kingdom like Westeros supporting a claim by an eerie little cripple boy.  

We keep hearing of caves and lakes beneath the surface. We hear of the Wildlings - Gendel and Gorne and their journey's through the caves. So it seems reasonable that the one POV character we have beyond the wall would make best use of it. It's in GRRM's MO to insert strange, subterranean creatures into his worlds so I expect to see something or someone down there too. And with all that's happening on the surface; unbearable cold, army of whites, it just seems inevitable that other characters will also seek shelter in these caves. Then there's the WF crypts that go deep into the earth. 

What gives me pause for thought is the potential for the wall coming down. As in, the magic barrier will fall and that may enable Bran to do everything remotely. 

But I ultimately feel certain that Bran is destined to return to WF. Once the Bolton's are dealt with obvs. And he will arrive via the tunnels and the crypts. 

If things lined up nicely, then I'd favour a scenario where Bran arrived before the Boltons were ousted. This way, it could be Bran himself who evicts the Boltons. In a not too dissimilar fashion to Lann the clever who's exploits allegedly won him Casterly Rock. Only instead of tricks and whispers, Bran would use warging to turn people against one-another. It'd be neat. But it's not likely given the time and space between them. George like showing us how these big impressive castles can be penetrated in different ways, even when fully garrisoned.  

Archived