Upcoming TV Series of 2019/2020 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

The Handmaid's Tale: Season 3 Trailer

The Righteous Gemstones | Teaser | John Goodman, Danny Mcbride HBO Series

Blinded by the Lights | Trailer | HBO

Polish series from HBO Europe, is now available to US Subscribers on HBO NOW®, HBO GO®, HBO On Demand and partners’ streaming platforms. The eight-episode series chronicles seven days from the life of a Warsaw cocaine dealer as his meticulously ordered life begins to sink into chaos.

22 hours ago, Leofric said:

Why did no one tell me Sneaky Pete Season 3 starts on Friday, I still need to watch  the latest season of Bosch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sewf3R6AP-4

Didn't even realize Sneaky Pete was starting up again. Amazon advertising fails to strike again!

I finished the latest season of Bosch. I took my time with it on purpose instead of just outright binging the whole thing. I thought it would be hard to top the last season as it concludes a major story arc but this season was generally very solid. The story didn't go where I thought it was going to go but it holds a steady, entertaining pace without feeling like it drags.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Well this is now. I was verrry cynical but that's a belter of a trailer.

I'm very curious about the prevalent use of masks in the footage we've seen so far. I hope it's really good just to try and justify the use of the IP against grumpy wizard genuis creator alan Moore.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, Heartofice said:

I think it looks great. I'm assuming it's some sort of sequel based on the hoods?

That's what they are saying and given Jeremy irons is apparently playing ozymandias seems it has to be the case. Then again the comic played out across multiple time-points so I don't think we can rule out earlier settings.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Big Little Lies looks excellent

Hope it's not a show with only a season of story in it. I really enjoyed season 1 when i got around to watching it.

3 minutes ago, red snow said:

That's what they are saying and given Jeremy irons is apparently playing ozymandias seems it has to be the case. Then again the comic played out across multiple time-points so I don't think we can rule out earlier settings.

Hope it's not a show with only a season of story in it. I really enjoyed season 1 when i got around to watching it.

I worried about that too since season 1 was based on a single book. But this looks like a natural progression from the finale and an interesting exploration of the headspace of each of the characters - something season 1 did very well in Celeste’s therapy scenes, which i am happy to see are continuing!

1 minute ago, red snow said:

This show can coast on acting talent alone honestly. It will be interesting to see if it still has the same feel as S1 though without same director returning. 

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This show can coast on acting talent alone honestly. It will be interesting to see if it still has the same feel as S1 though without same director returning. 

The director probably is a big part of it given how sharp objects felt like a sister show but i agree the cast can probably carry a lot.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I worried about that too since season 1 was based on a single book. But this looks like a natural progression from the finale and an interesting exploration of the headspace of each of the characters - something season 1 did very well in Celeste’s therapy scenes, which i am happy to see are continuing!

The characters seemed to have storylines tgat were progressing beyond season one and it probably can get by on soap opera although it is missing the unifying thread from s1. Although there's nothing stopping them from finding a new unifying thread

most likely in the form of the secret they have to keep and in the appearance of meryl streep

I hardly ever watch television series anymore - perhaps two or three a year on Netflix, etc - so I'd forgotten the fourth season of Lucifer just came out there. As usual, it's corny as hell, with identical beats every single episode. I pretty much figure out Who Did It the moment they are introduced. I can't tell if the actors are weak, if the scripts are just that bad, or if they are doing it on purpose. As a bartender, I'm constantly annoyed by the ludicrous depiction of Lux, his nightclub.

And I don't care about any of that at all. I laugh at (most) of the corny jokes, I revel in the soap opera plotlines, I ogle the gorgeous cast (I'm a straight male but damn Ellis been puttin' some werk in since season three, yowza). I'm four episodes in and would binge the rest in one sitting if I had more time.

Okay give me one little complaint: How the hell does Lucifer's elevator work? As far as I can tell, it's simply the next floor up from Lux, and anyone can use it at any time without repercussion. Wouldn't random clubgoers constantly be purposefully or accidentally crashing his pad? Oh well, fuck it.

12 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Yeah, who would ever have thought we would get Kidman, Witherspoon, Streep and Dern on the small screen? The line between TV and film is well and truly blurred these days.

Also the trailer suggests this is peak Streep, not Mamma Mia streep.

9 hours ago, red snow said:

The director probably is a big part of it given how sharp objects felt like a sister show but i agree the cast can probably carry a lot.

The characters seemed to have storylines tgat were progressing beyond season one and it probably can get by on soap opera although it is missing the unifying thread from s1. Although there's nothing stopping them from finding a new unifying thread

Hide contents

most likely in the form of the secret they have to keep and in the appearance of meryl streep

I don’t know how much you have read about the plot for S2

Spoiler

Streep is his mother and is less than satisfied with the official story. I think its pretty clear that there is a unifying thread and its the same one as in S1 - the murder and its repercussions

Archived