Upcoming TV Series of 2019/2020 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

‘The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance’: Lena Headey, Benedict Wong, Awkwafina, Sigourney Weaver, More Join Voice Cast For Netflix Series

Lena Headey (Game of Thrones), Benedict Wong (Avengers: Endgame), Awkwafina (Crazy Rich Asians), Sigourney Weaver, Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and The Wasp) and Dave Goelz (The Dark Crystal) have joined the voice cast for The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, a prequel series to the Jim Henson Company’s groundbreaking 1982 feature.

Feature helmer Louis Leterrier (Now You See Me, The Incredible Hulk) executive produces and directs the series, set many years before the events of the movie. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.

Taron Egerton, Anya Taylor-Joy, and Nathalie Emmanuel also lead the voice cast, as Rian, Brea and Deet, three Gelfling heroes.

Other Gelfling characters are voiced by Caitriona Balfe, Helena Bonham Carter, Harris Dickinson, Natalie Dormer, Eddie Izzard, Theo James, Toby Jones, Shazad Latif, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Mark Strong and Alicia Vikander.

The Skeksis & Mystics are voiced by Harvey Fierstein, Mark Hamill, Ralph Ineson, Jason Isaacs, Keegan-Michael Key, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Simon Pegg, Andy Samberg

Aughra will be voiced by Donna Kimball.

WarnerMedia Streamer Orders ‘Station Eleven’ adaptation,a postapocalyptic saga based on Arthur C. Clarke award winner Emily St. John Mandel's book

WarnerMedia has given a 10-episode order to new series from Maniac creator Patrick Somerville for its upcoming streaming service.Station Eleven, an hourlong post-apocalyptic limited drama based on the international bestseller by Emily St. John Mandel, with Hiro Murai directing and exec producing. Somerville is writing and executive producing the show which hail from Paramount TV where he has an overall deal.

Created by Somerville, Station Eleven is based on the international bestseller by St. John Mandel. A postapocalyptic saga spanning multiple timelines, Station Eleven tells the stories of survivors of a devastating flu as they attempt to rebuild and reimagine the world anew while holding on to the best of what’s been lost.

Somerville will also serve as showrunner. Hiro Murai (Atlanta, Barry, Childish Gambino’s This is America), directs, with Paramount serving as the studio.

Station Eleven was both a National Book Award and PEN/Faulkner Award finalist.It also won the Arthur C. Clarke Award in 2015.

The Righteous Gemstones looks good. Danny McBride is back as Danny McBride!

Dublin Murders looks fantastic. I still need to read the novels. But why don't they sound like Tom Cruise in Far and Away?

Another Life | Official Trailer | Netflix

Choose Humanity. Another Life premieres July 25. Only on Netflix.

When a mysterious alien Artifact lands on Earth, Commander Niko Breckinridge (Katee Sackhoff) has to lead humanity’s first interstellar mission to its planet of origin, while her husband (Justin Chatwin) tries to make first contact with the artifact back on earth. Another Life explores the miracle of life, how precious life is in a universe mostly empty of it, and the lengths we will go to protect the ones we love.

Succession: Season 2 | Official Trailer | HBO

Our Boys (2019) | HBO

Filmed in Israel, Our Boys is based on the true events which led to the outbreak of war in Gaza. The series follows the investigation of Muhammad Abu Khdeir’s murder, and tells the story of all those involved, Jews and Arabs alike, whose lives were forever changed by these events. Our Boys premieres August 12

4 hours ago, Astromech said:

Carnival Row looks like it has the possibility of being a truly terrible show.

Gawds, yes!  Can you believe fairies the size of humans flying -- with those wings? boyz and girlz!

Steam punk generally is pretty stupid.  So here we have mash-upped:

1) horror, suspense, supernatural -- Jack the Ripper; 2) mystery -- must find who is killing, beside the general population's immunity for killing immigrants; 3) fantasy -- fairies et al.; 4) period / costume -- Victoriana;  5) romance -- human and fairy are in lurve; etc. 

I generally loathe mashups, which is what steam punk essentially is, so I loathe it too.

3 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

This could be really great you know, and I don't even think the Snowpiercer movie is all that good. I found it pretty over hyped in fact outside of Tilda Swinton. But there are some fantastic ingredients to the story that with the runtime of a tv show could really do it justice. 

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

Plot means nothing to me. The martial arts talent in this is exceptional. Lets fucking go!

Onboard if it's a netflix film. Not sure it could sustain a series although who knows from trailer

Archived