Upcoming TV Series of 2019/2020 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

CURON | Official Trailer | Netflix

Netflix’s New Thriller Series Looks Like A Mix Between ‘Dark’ & ‘Locke & Key’

Grab your flashlights! A brand new thriller series is coming your way and Curon on Netflix seems as creepy and mysterious as Locke & Key and Dark. The trailer just dropped and it looks to take viewers on a dark and wild ride.

The first season of the Italian series will premiere on June 10.

According to IMDb, the plot follows "a woman who returns to a mysterious village in Northern Italy where she grew up, only to find her past returning to haunt her and her teenage children."

The series is set 17 years after the lead character Anna is forced to leave the town of Curon.However, when she returns to her father's home, he doesn't exactly welcome her with warm arms as she was expecting.

Eventually, Anna and her children realize that the small town is cursed, and the bells of the old church tower evoke repressed feelings when they ring.

"Strange things happen in this place," the trailer opens.

Finally, Anna admits to her father that she's suffering from the same nightmare.

"I've tried to forget but I can't," she says.

On 5/30/2020 at 5:34 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Perry Mason: Official Trailer | HBO

After "the americans" I'm willing to give anything a try starring Matthew Rhys. I also like the post WWI depression era from an aesthetic POV. Although I really hope Jon Lithgow isn't being used as the villain (again) because the show is going to have to convince me otherwise when I watch with him as the default villain. Maybe they are being clever and are cashing in on his typecasting by using him as a red herring.

Lovecraft county might also be set in a similar time period. I like how it's not clear what the show is (Something JJ Abrams is still good at) and I'll avoid the comic so I can go in blind.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Lovecraft county might also be set in a similar time period. I like how it's not clear what the show is (Something JJ Abrams is still good at) and I'll avoid the comic so I can go in blind.

It's based on a novel.I'm unaware of any comic.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25109947-lovecraft-country

14 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

It's based on a novel.I'm unaware of any comic.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25109947-lovecraft-country

I think I got my wires crossed with a comic with a similar name/concept. I'll avoid the book as well - although I might be tempted to read it if the show appeals

• 2 weeks later...

Condor season 2 trailer

The Luminaries: Trailer - BBC

An epic story of love, murder and revenge set on the Wild West Coast of New Zealand during the gold rush. Starring Eva Green, Himesh Patel and Eve Hewson.An adaptation of the Man Booker-prize winning novel The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton.

Perry Mason: Under The Fedora | HBO

The cast and creators of Perry Mason discuss how they took the legendary defense attorney character back to his gritty roots as a private investigator and recreated 1930s Los Angeles for a new kind of Perry Mason story. The new original series Perry Mason, starring Emmy winner Matthew Rhys, premieres June 21 at 9PM on HBO.

The Alienist Season 2 Extended Promo

23 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Condor season 2 trailer

The Luminaries: Trailer - BBC

An epic story of love, murder and revenge set on the Wild West Coast of New Zealand during the gold rush. Starring Eva Green, Himesh Patel and Eve Hewson.An adaptation of the Man Booker-prize winning novel The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton.

Thanks for the Luminaries trailer, I was actually looking for info on this just last week. Eva :wub:

Warrior Nun | Official Trailer | Netflix

Warrior Nun is an upcoming American fantasy drama web television series created by Simon Barry, based on the eponymous comic series by Ben Dunn, that is set to premiere on Netflix. Season 1 is due to release on Netflix on July 2, 2020.

Search Party | Season 3 Official Trailer | HBOMax

CURSED | Trailer | Netflix

From Frank Miller and Thomas Wheeler, Cursed is a reimagining of the Arthurian legend told from the perspective of Nimue (Katherine Langford). All episodes of Cursed arrive July 17th on Netflix.Based on the illustrated novel of the same name by Frank Miller and Tom Wheeler.

The Capture | Official Trailer | Peacock

Psych 2: Lassie Come Home | Official Trailer | Peacock

Brave New World | Official Trailer | Peacock

Sky confirms Gangs Of London renewed for a second series

Sky Atlantic’s gritty, violent gang series Gangs Of London has gained lots of critical acclaim during its first series.

Now the channel has announced that it has recommissioned the show for a second series.

Zai Bennett, Sky UK’s Managing Director of Content, said: “Not only is Gangs of London Sky’s most binged premiere box-set this year, it’s the biggest original drama launch on Sky Atlantic of the past five years. It’s dark, dangerous and we are thrilled it is coming back for a second series. We couldn’t be more pleased to welcome AMC to our gang for Series two alongside the teams at Pulse Films, SISTER and Sky Studios. Will the Wallace family rise again, will the Dumanis remain loyal to their new allies and who is Elliot really working for? All these questions and more will be waiting for Sky viewers when Gangs of London returns to screens in 2022.”

Barbara Nadel’s Çetin İkmen novels coming to television

We may have a new TV detective to fall in love with very soon.

The Hollywood Reporter says that ‘ViacomCBS’ ViacomCBS International Studios (VIS) has struck a deal with Miramax… to co-produce The Turkish Detective, a detective series set in modern-day Istanbul based on the 21 books in The Çetin İkmen Crime Novels series by [British author] Barbara Nadel.’

CWA Silver Dagger winner, Nadel, began the Çetin İkmen series in 1999 and released her latest novel – Blood Business – this year.

The series tells the stories of İkmen, a chain-smoking and hard-drinking detective on the Istanbul police force, and his colleagues Mehmet Süleyman, Balthazar Cohen, and Armenian pathologist Arto Sarkissian.

The World of ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ Is Coming to Netflix as an Anime (But Will Keanu Follow?)

https://collider.com/cyberpunk-2077-anime-netflix-cyberpunk-edgerunners-poster/

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners is coming to the streaming service in 2022. The 10-episode series will tell a standalone story unconnected to the main plot of the video game, while still existing in the video game’s world. Both the synopsis and poster of the show remind me an awful lot of Akira, perhaps the defining cyberpunk anime story. It’s about “a street kid trying to survive in a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he chooses to stay alive by becoming an edgerunner—a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.”

DEADWIND S2 - 1st July, Netflix

Criminal investigator Sofia Karppi’s (Pihla Viitala) winter holiday is cancelled when two bodies are found on the construction sites of the tunnel planned under the Gulf of Finland, one in Helsinki and the other in Tallinn. The murders concern Sara Tulisuoto, the mayor of Helsinki driving the tunnel, who is also wrestling with corruption charges. Karppi and her partner Sakari Nurmi set out to investigate drug-related-related homicides until a new brutal murder takes place.

Ju-On: Origins | Official Trailer | Netflix - July 3rd

If you love The Grudge, you’ll be needing to re-up your Netflix subscription in July with the next chapter coming in a serialized format exclusively to Netflix.

The series will follow a paranormal investigator and talent from television who head into a cursed house and the rest, as they say, is history.

Stateless (Season 1)
Netflix Release Date: July 8th

Netflix has had a string of hits with Australian producers and Stateless, a brand new limited series is heading to Netflix in early July.

With some top names behind it including Yvonne Strahovski, Jai Courtney, Dominic West,and Cate Blanchett, the series follows four strangers who meet at an Australian immigration detention center.

11 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Cursed looks awful. Why does it seem to be so difficult for tv/film to produce good Arthurian content?

Just give me a good adaptation of the Warlord series and be done with it.

With you on this!

'Ozark' to End With Expanded Season 4 on Netflix
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ozark-end-expanded-season-4-netflix-1301068

The final run of the Emmy-winning series will be split into two parts as it wraps up the crime saga.

Ozark is coming to an end on Netflix, but it's doing so with an expanded order for its fourth and final season.

The streamer has ordered 14 episodes for season four — up from 10 for each of the previous three seasons — that will be split into two equal parts. The season will mark the final chapter in the Byrde family's journey from suburban Chicago to a criminal enterprise in the Ozarks.

Dates for the season haven't been set, as production for many series remains in limbo because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beartown |HBO Nordic | Teaser

HBO Nordic has revealed its first trailer for Swedish series Beartown (Björnstad), based on the novel by Fredrik Backman.

Hockey is the last beacon of hope for Björnstad, so when its junior hockey team makes the national semifinal, the burden of the entire town’s dreams weigh heavily on the shoulders of its teenage superstars. However, the day of the semi-final is also the catalyst for a violent act that will leave a young girl traumatised and the town in turmoil.

The description says that it’s “a story of the hope that brings a small society together, the secrets that tear it apart, the courage it takes for an individual to go against the pack and the consequences of how we raise our children.”

Archived