Upcoming TV Series of 2019/2020 - Your most anticipated shows

AncalagonTheBlack

JURASSIC WORLD: CAMP CRETACEOUS - an all-new animated series coming to Netflix in 2020

The series is set within the timeline of the 2015 film “Jurassic World” and hails from DreamWorks Animation. It follows a group of six teenagers chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime experience at a new adventure camp on the opposite side of Isla Nublar. But when dinosaurs wreak havoc across the island, the campers are stranded. Unable to reach the outside world, they’ll need to go from strangers to friends to family if they’re going to survive.

THE ROOK Official Trailer

The Rook (based on the book) will follow the story of a woman named Myfanwy Thomas, who is pursued by shadowy paranormal adversaries while grappling with extraordinary abilities of her own. She suddenly wakes up in the rain beside London’s Millennium Bridge suffering from total amnesia — surrounded by dead bodies, all wearing latex gloves. She must fight to uncover her past and resume her position as a high-ranking official of Britain’s most secret (supernatural) service called the Checquy before the traitors who stole her memory can finish what they started.

27 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

The opening minutes of Too Old To Die Young

TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG - NORTH OF HOLLYWOOD, WEST OF HELL clip

Those two clips sadly confirm my worst fears. Never a good sign when i think the second clip is buffering but is in actual fact two people having a conversation as if one is on the moon and the other in earth 

First clip is cool but I'm going to be bored if 60% of the show are long establishing shots with with pseudo 80s electronic scoring.

Others might love it but i still like a bit of plot and people talking to each other like they are human.

Sky & HBO Re-Team For Limited Series ‘The Third Day’, Jude Law To Star

On the heels of the critical success of 'Chernobyl,' the two companies will co-produce a six-part limited series about the secretive inhabitants of a mysterious island off the British coast.

Set on a mysterious island off the coast of Britain, The Third Day tells the story of Sam (Law) who encounters the island's secretive inhabitants and their strange rituals. Fantasy and reality began to blur for Sam, triggering past traumas, and brings him into conflict with the islanders. 

The project is produced in partnership with Dennis Kelly (Utopia, Pulling), Plan B Entertainment and immersive theater company Punchdrunk International. The series will be directed by BAFTA-winner Marc Munden (National Treasure, Utopia) and will be produced by Adrian Sturges (Chimerica, The Enfield Haunting). Kit de Waal and Dean O’Loughlin are also writers for the series.

The Third Day will shoot in the U.K. in July and will air next year on Sky Atlantic in Europe and HBO in North America. 

Just now, Heartofice said:

Sounds like Wicker Man

Very much so. Amd Netflix just ripped the concept off last year with the film starring legion lead.

Also seems a bit rich trying to cash in on the success of Chernobyl when the only connection is sky and HBO

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yes it seems Wicker Man is back on trend. However I am very excited to see Midsommar.

Yes it does look good but i couldnt help but think of Wickerman watching the trailer. The bees!

On 6/4/2019 at 5:37 PM, Zorral said:

http://hollywood-spy.blogspot.com/2019/06/netflix-releases-first-photo-of.html

Dunno ... about this ....

Better, one thinks, that they adapted Bernard Corwell's Arthurian trilogy.

I can see why they'd choose a version with a focus on a female character. It's not like the male-focused ones have done so well lately. Is it based on the book that took that angle? I hear it was a pretty good take on the arthurian legend.

Cornwell's version is being developed by the company making "his dark materials". If that show is a success it might speed things up

Criminal | Cast Announcement | Netflix

Step into the interrogation room and discover 12 unique crime stories from the UK, France, Germany and Spain. Coming this Autumn.
https://deadline.com/2019/06/netflix-criminal-nicholas-pinnock-hayley-atwell-david-tennant-1202633443/

First look at BBC One’s major new thriller series The Capture

https://deadline.com/2019/06/bbc-first-look-the-capture-1202633457/

The BBC has unveiled the first look at British spy drama The Capture starring Strike’s Holliday Grainger and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’s Callum Turner.The six-part series, which is produced by Heyday Television and NBCUniversal International Studios, will air later this year.

Also starring Hellboy’s Ron Perlman and X-Men star Famke Janssen, the drama is written and directed by Ben Chanan. Other cast include Laura Haddock (Guardians of the Galaxy), Ben Miles (The Crown), Lia Williams (The Crown), Sophia Brown (Clique), Paul Ritter (Chernobyl, Quantum of Solace), Adelayo Adedayo (Origin), Ralph Ineson (Game Of Thrones), Cavan Clerkin (The Last Kingdom), Barry Ward (Save Me), Ginny Holder (Death in Paradise) and Nigel Lindsay (Four Lions).

Archived