TheDrWho

If Joffrey had black hair and was Robert's son would anything have changed

On 3/12/2019 at 8:28 AM, Floki of the Ironborn said:

The better question is: how different would Joffrey be if he was Robert's son?

Would he still have been the little monster that he was? Would he have been more of a traditional Baratheon? How much of his negative traits were due to his being a product of incest as well as being partly Targaryen (yes, I consider the Lannister twins to be half-Targaryen)? Was it nature or nurture that made Joffrey the way he was?

Well, the nurture would've changed as well. Knowing Cersei I doubt she would've loved and spoiled Robert's son to the degree she did Joffrey. 

And Robert would've been way more involved in the kid's upbringing instead of essentially checking out like he did with Joffrey.  

Posted (edited)

Robert would have liked him more and this Joffrey would not be so much of a Psycho. I think Robert on a subconscious level didn't care about Joffrey because he looked so much like a Lannister. 

And you can't blame Renly Stannis was doing fuck all on Dragonstone and being incommunicado it was upto Renly to get rid of the Lannisters. Also I wouldn't listen to Lord Varys that guy is a total weirdo and sex pervert to boot. 

Edited by Headfallsoff

On 3/12/2019 at 7:28 AM, Floki of the Ironborn said:

The better question is: how different would Joffrey be if he was Robert's son?

Would he still have been the little monster that he was? Would he have been more of a traditional Baratheon? How much of his negative traits were due to his being a product of incest as well as being partly Targaryen (yes, I consider the Lannister twins to be half-Targaryen)? Was it nature or nurture that made Joffrey the way he was?

I can't imagine he would have turned out very different. Everybody says that Cersei ruined Joffrey by telling him all the time that he's the future king and coddling him the way he did. I believe she poisoned the well and he was just destined to be a little shit. Lets not forget the pregnant cat incident, which resulted in Robert hitting knocking him around. 

Posted (edited)

Jon Arryn and Stannis wouldn't have suspected Cersei's children to be bastards, they wouldn't have poked around for answers. Littlefinger may have still killed Arryn because CHAOS IS A LADDER! LOL!, but I am not so sure... what would he get from that? He became the Lord Warden of the Vale only thanks to the war...

If Littlefinger has Jon Arryn murdered anyways: If Ned doesn't suspect Cersei's children to be bastards then Cersei has no reason to kill Robert so soon, and Ned isn't a threat to Cersei... So he either...

1.-stays as Hand of the King long enough for Sansa to marry Joffrey, or,

2.-if Littlefinger's meddling causes Catelyn to kidnap Tyrion, causing Jamie to attack Ned, causing Tywin to send the Mountain to ravage the countryside... etc., Ned probably is allowed to leave KL safely and return to the North (that was what Cersei and Tywin wanted all along, and as a matter of fact, Cersei, kinda liked Ned... she saw him as a honorable fool, but she admitted that she would like her son to have friends like him...).

If Robert is alive and Ned is allowed to go, then Tyrion returns safely to KL, and the conflict between Starks and Lannisters defuses. The Stark stay in the North, the Lannisters gain more influence over the throne, Tywin probably becoming Hand of the King...

3.-if Ned stays in KL in order to try to fix the mess caused by Catelyn when she kidnapped Tyrion (since Ned doesn't feel so threatened by Lannisters, not knowing about Cersei's adultery), Tyrion would explain everything to both Ned Stark, Jamie Lannister and Tywin Lannister, and Littlefinger better think something clever very fast, because both the Lannisters and the Stark would want to know why he lied about the dagger, incriminating Tyrion and almost provoking a war between the Lannisters and the Starks... Hell, Jamie Lannister may just cut his throat consequences be damned!.

Edited by Ser Lepus