Seasons and fantasy and comets

Sea Dragon

A few weeks ago someone I was talking with shared with me the website where you can search for things Martin has said. Wow, I spent too much time looking up weird stuff. One thing that I saw him say was that there is no sic-fi in this story and I believe that. But then what about the theories that explain how the books say the comets or meteors crashing in to the world started everything like brought dragons and people worshipped stones from the sky. 

This is the quote I am talking about "The seasons are "completely fantasy based". There's no sci-fi type element to it at all."

Thank you for your replies. 

22 minutes ago, Sea Dragon said:

This is the quote I am talking about "The seasons are "completely fantasy based". There's no sci-fi type element to it at all."

I guess it depends on how you define "sci-fi element". Comets and meteors are hardly confined to the sci-fi genre. Even Tolkien's mythos uses "extra-terrestrial" beings to form his world and storylines. Is that sci-fi?

It's also an odd thing to say in general since sci-fi is fantasy; just fantasy supposedly based on actual scientific principles as a foundation and then extrapolated from there.

54 minutes ago, Sea Dragon said:

A few weeks ago someone I was talking with shared with me the website where you can search for things Martin has said. Wow, I spent too much time looking up weird stuff. One thing that I saw him say was that there is no sic-fi in this story and I believe that. But then what about the theories that explain how the books say the comets or meteors crashing in to the world started everything like brought dragons and people worshipped stones from the sky. 

Thank you for your replies. 

Those theories are just that.  Theories.  The man said it's not sci-fi so don't look for the science for an explanation.  Pundits are always putting together theories because they have YouTube channels which generate income. 

Archived