The Night's Watch in TWoW

What will become of the Night's Watch in the next book? I'm not just saying this because I'm pissy about Jon being stabbed, but at this point the Night's Watch seems like a joke. Its ruled by bitter old men who have no chance of beating the Others, and their already low numbers are probably going to be even lower after the mutiny. 

So what do you think will happen? 

Whether John manages to survive or somehow come back he will take the part of the NW loyal to him to Winterfell to fight with whomever against the Boltons. The rest of the NW will likely fall apart and battle with each other and with Stannis' men over food, women or whatever.

I doubt there will be much left of the NW when the army of the dead finally arrives at the wall.

• 1 month later...

Don't forget that there are a bunch of Wildlings at the Wall right now, probably pretty pissed off, that Jon, their only ally at the Wall was just murdered. They of course also don't know that Mance is presumably alive. Also I can imagine, that a rather significant part of the NW won't be happy that their LC was betrayed and murdered by his own brothers. A mutiny is very likely. My assumtion is that this will lead to the destruction of the NW. 

Archived