Minor/offscreen characters you want to see more of

This is my first topic post here, so I’m super excited! 

There are a few minor characters - some who don’t even appear in the books - that I wish we could see more of. 

Like Willas Tyrell. Willas seems like a really decent guy. He’s a reader who’s diplomatic and keeps in contact with Oberyn, despite their past and the Tyrells/Westeros as a whole being incredibly racist to the Dornish. (I also want him and Sam to have a bromance, but that will never happen) 

I also want to see more Thoros. Thoros seems legitimately conflicted about the whole Stoneheart thing in AFFC, and I really want to see more of his thoughts on the whole situation. 

Others I’d like to see more of are Rodrik the Reader (who is basically me if I was in Westeros), Brown Ben Plumm, and Val. 

Welcome! :cheers:

I like the ones you mentioned, I wouldn’t mind seeing more of them. Especially Rodrik and Val. 

I will add a few... 

- Morna White Mask. (Please, Martin)

“The warrior witch Morna removed her weirwood mask just long enough to kiss his gloved hand and swear to be his man or his woman, whichever he preferred.” 

- Alysane Mormont 

“Do you have brothers?” Asha asked her keeper.
“Sisters,” Alysane Mormont replied, gruff as ever. “Five, we were. All girls. Lyanna is back on Bear Island. Lyra and Jory are with our mother. Dacey was murdered.”
“The Red Wedding.”
“Aye.” Alysane stared at Asha for a moment. “I have a son. He’s only two. My daughter’s nine.”
“You started young.”
“Too young. But better that than wait too late.”
A stab at me, Asha thought, but let it be. “You are wed.”
No. My children were fathered by a bear.” Alysane smiled. Her teeth were crooked, but there was something ingratiating about that smile. “Mormont women are skinchangers. We turn into bears and find mates in the woods. Everyone knows.”

- And a posthumous shoutout to Nimble Dick

“Crabb thought that was hilarious. “The Perfect Knight? The Perfect Fool, he sounds like. What’s the point o’ having some magic sword if you don’t bloody well use it?”
“Honor,” she said. “The point is honor.”
That only made him laugh the louder. “Ser Clarence Crabb would have wiped his hairy arse with your Perfect Knight, m’lady. If they’d ever have met, there’d be one more bloody head sitting on the shelf at the Whispers, you ask me. ‘I should have used the magic sword,’ it’d be saying to all the other heads. ‘I should have used the bloody sword.’”

27 minutes ago, Chris Mormont said:

Edric Dayne.  I'd like to see him and Arya reconnect

Everyone's second-favorite Ned. Honestly, I'd like to see all of the BWB fellows again. Gendry, Tom, Jack-be-Lucky, Thoros - I'd really like to see them again, and given where AFFC left off, we very well might. 

This could be a gigantic list for me. I'll list a few.

North

Wyman Manderly

Galbart Glover (where's Robb's will buddy?)

Howland Reed

Riverlands

Blackfish

Edmure

Tytos Blackwood

Jason and Patrek Mallister

Westerlands

Adam Marbrand

Reach

All of the Tyrells

Paxter Redwyne

Randyll Tarly

Matthis Rowan

All of the Hightowers

Dorne

Lord Yronwood

Whoever the head of House Dayne is

Vale

Yohn & Andar Royce

Lyn Corbray

3 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Less.  We want to see less of them.  Otherwise we'll never get another book!  There are too many pointless minor characters as it is!!

Disagree.  For me, the breadth of characters and minor houses is part of what makes the story great.  

I would like to see more of many of the characters others have listed:  

Jason Mallister, Edric Dayne, Rolland Storm, Forley Prester, Shella Whent, Barbrey Dustin, Andrew Estermont, Aurane Waters, Mya Stone

5 hours ago, nyser1 said:

I would not mind losing a greyjoy or three for them.

This is the third time today that I have advocated for just utterly obliterating all of the ironborn besides Rodrik, Asha, and Theon. I have done it before, and I will do it again. Euron adds only pointless conflict (although I like Aeron's sample TWOW chapter), Victarion is a bore, and Aeron is kind of just there. 

Hugo Wull....who wants to be six and twenty again.

Edit: lots of IB hate up top but I like them, particularly Theon,(not as a person, I find his arc interesting, and feel like it's not over.)and Roderick the reader, and I think Euron is an interesting, compelling and sufficiently dangerous and/or mysterious character to be a worthwhile villain going forward.

40 minutes ago, Back door hodor said:

Edit: lots of IB hate up top but I like them, particularly Theon,(not as a person, I find his arc interesting, and feel like it's not over.)and Roderick the reader, and I think Euron is an interesting, compelling and sufficiently dangerous and/or mysterious character to be a worthwhile villain going forward.

Guilty as charged when it comes to ironborn hate. But I can understand why people like them. Rodrik and Theon are great, though. 

I’d like to see less Val, mostly because the fandom seems to have elevated her to a level she really doesn’t seem to warrant based on her appearance in the novels so far.

More - Taena Merryweather, Lysono Maar, various cupbearers and squires in Meereen, Osha. Shireen. CotF

Lord Manderly and really the Manderlys in general. We do get a good bit of him in Dance, but still, we need more. 

I know Tyrion and to a lesser extent Sam are GRRM writing himself in, but I think there's some of that in Manderly. "yeah, I'm old and slow and fat, but deal with it, because I'm the man."

Septon Meribald -It would be intressting to see through the eyes of an outsider the events and lern more about the life, hopes etc. of the smallfolk

Allyria Dayne- She would know a lot of things about Ashara and we would finally know her haircolor

Hoster Blackwood- Idk why but I really like him

Archived