Minor/offscreen characters you want to see more of

22 hours ago, Lord of Brewtown said:

Disagree.  For me, the breadth of characters and minor houses is part of what makes the story great.  

I would like to see more of many of the characters others have listed:  

Jason Mallister, Edric Dayne, Rolland Storm, Forley Prester, Shella Whent, Barbrey Dustin, Andrew Estermont, Aurane Waters, Mya Stone

First three books maybe, then it got out of control.

4 hours ago, Plain, Simple Tailor said:

I wouldn’t count Meera, Podrick, and Jeyne as minor characters, but I do really want to see more of them. 

Ultimately anyone who isn't a regular POV is a minor character.  There are just varying degrees.  In fact you could even say that anyone who isn't a POV from AGOT is a minor character as GRRM originally planned to tell the entire story just through their eyes.  So the POVs from AGOT are the true main characters of the story.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:08 AM, Chris Mormont said:

Edric Dayne.  I'd like to see him and Arya reconnect

I'm going to start by saying I hold a lot of hope, but I feel Ned Dayne was the minor character most damaged by the scrapped 5-year gap. He knows Arya is alive, He vaguely knows Jon Snow, He's seen Sansa... he's a good looking, kind young lord, heir to a fabled blade...yeah knowing GRRM he's a got dagger to the back with his name on it (sigh).

Oddly, Hallyne the Alchemist, sporting that faded black and red, obvious Aerys loyalist just kinda walking around untouched in the Lannister/Baratheon regime...wait...?

Quaithe.

Volantis in general. I think I'm going to get my wish. the two Volantis chapters reminded me of eerily of Tyrion's pre-Blackwater chapters in that you can almost see the political climate heat up in the city as Dany is getting pressured and the Mereenese knot begins to untangle. From low boil in Quentyn chapter to bubbling merrily in Tyrion's one and a half (Selhorys kinda counts for this) chapter(s).

9 hours ago, Karneol said:

Hoster Blackwood- Idk why but I really like him

YES!!!! I would love to see what happens to him once he gets to KL. I remember reading him and getting really weird "Bloodraven" vibes about him.

• 2 months later...

Whatever happened to my boy Hal Mollen? I know Lady Dustin said he and Ned’s bones would be stopped from going North of Barrowton, meaning they haven’t reached Barrowton yet, but maybe they’re hiding at Greywater waiting for this to blow over?

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Archmaester Marwyn yet. He's my hero! Even though he only made a brief appearance in one chapter, I'm convinced he's going to play a pivotal role. Between his experience at the Citadel and his travels all the way to Asshai, he probably knows more about magic than anyone else alive. And he's a man of action too, not just an academic.

Garlan Tyrell

Darkstar

Tytos Blackwood

Blackfish

Aurane waters if he became a pirate

That young Dayne or the head of house dayne

lord Crakehall

Addam Marbrand

Devan Lannister

Jason Mallister

Paxter Redwyne and his heir

The head of house hightower

Gerion and Tyggett Lannister  (as flashbacks)

Bronze Royce

Greatjon Umber

Mance Rayder

The khals of the khalasars created after Drogo's and other Khals( They should go into a dothraki civil war)

Matthis Rowan

Bronn 

Rickon

Archived