NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Their offense doesn't work without Gurney because, as I've said many times, Goff is not a good QB. I seriously doubt the Rams only score 3 points if Gurley was 100%.

That may be, but 'Goff isn't a good QB' is kind of a much bigger deal than 'good RB is hurt'. 

19 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I kinda don't think that's the big reason that the Rams lost

Agreed. Belicheck had Payton's number. Yes, Gurley being healthy would have helped but I don't think it makes a difference in the outcome of the game. 

The Cardinals aren't trading Rosen for anything other than a first round pick. Number #17 maybe? Yes I think they trade Rosen to the Giants for #17 overall and take Murray. Rosen got his ass handed to him last year. Horrible OC and the O-Line was beyond atrocious. I personally wanted the Cards to trade #1 to Gruden for 4,24, and 27 but I don't know that Oakland would do that now. After the AB trade they are going to try and win now. 

6 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Shhhhh... just go with it.

It's so strange having a GM who appears to know what the fuck he's doing.  

I've spent too many years with Gettlemans running my team.

1 minute ago, JJ Lannister said:

The Cardinals aren't trading Rosen for anything other than a first round pick. Number #17 maybe?

That may be their thought, but not the league's.  Once they've drafted Murray, they pretty much have no choice.

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Drafting a running back high is entirely situational. Barkley was the best prospect since Gurley, maybe even since Peterson, but it was a huge mistake for the Giants to take him second overall.

More like since Faulk. 

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Rosen still has high upside. He was bad last year, but the Cardinals were awful all around. If you can get him for a second then you do it in a heart beat. That would be like the only way to salvage last year's mistakes. 

Also, I've seen a bit of reporting that the Giants might pass on Haskins. I have no idea how good he is or not, but if they don't get a QB this year then their goal needs to be to go 0-16 in 2019.

I just mean that if Arizona was willing to trade from 17 to 10, gave up whatever they did to do that, take Rosen at 10 and walk away from him one year later for another QB then I don't want him as my franchise QB.  If Murray bis that legit the Giants should be offering everything they have to Arizona for the #1 pick. Or if Haskins is available you take him and make him your guy from the get go....but you're right, they probably won't draft a QB at 6, they'll probably go with O or D line

8 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

I just mean that if Arizona was willing to trade from 17 to 10, gave up whatever they did to do that, take Rosen at 10 and walk away from him one year later for another QB then I don't want him as my franchise QB.  If Murray bis that legit the Giants should be offering everything they have to Arizona for the #1 pick. Or if Haskins is available you take him and make him your guy from the get go....but you're right, they probably won't draft a QB at 6, they'll probably go with O or D line

Ruling out that the Cardinals aren't just being dumb is a big, big mistake. 
I'd be willing to take a chance that Kliff Kingsbury is the one who is wrong - maybe not for a #1 pick or a #2, but certainly for a #3.

26 minutes ago, briantw said:

It's so strange having a GM who appears to know what the fuck he's doing.  

I've spent too many years with Gettlemans running my team.

And to think that just a few seasons ago I was complaining that Reese didn’t make enough moves. From one extreme to the other. 

I guess the plan is to stay in limbo forever. Awesome

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’ll respond to other things later, but Hunt got an 8 game ban.

Wonder if he'll get a few games knocked off for time served since he was effectively suspended several games last season on the exempt list.

18 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Ruling out that the Cardinals aren't just being dumb is a big, big mistake. 
I'd be willing to take a chance that Kliff Kingsbury is the one who is wrong - maybe not for a #1 pick or a #2, but certainly for a #3.

I think the Cardinals are playing this perfectly. No one knows what they are going to do. Are they drafting Murray and trading Rosen? Are they trading the number 1 pick and keeping Rosen? I think it comes down to what they are offered. If they get a huge haul for number 1, they make the trade. If not, they take the best deal for Rosen and draft Murray. 

I could also be listening to, to much Phoenix sports talk radio. 

The Dolphins just traded Ryan Tannehill to the Titans.

That's weird.  Now Miami has no quarterbacks at all, which isn't ideal.  Even if you're planning on drafting one, generally you wait until after the draft because otherwise you are desperate and can get screwed. 

It's also weird because why would the Titans want to trade for Ryan Tannehill?  If he'll take a paycut and become the backup then that's fine, but at the moment he's on the books for $19 million this year and $20 million next year.  Hardly what you're looking for in a backup qb. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

The Dolphins just traded Ryan Tannehill to the Titans.

That's weird.  Now Miami has no quarterbacks at all, which isn't ideal.  Even if you're planning on drafting one, generally you wait until after the draft because otherwise you are desperate and can get screwed. 

It's also weird because why would the Titans want to trade for Ryan Tannehill?  If he'll take a paycut and become the backup then that's fine, but at the moment he's on the books for $19 million this year and $20 million next year.  Hardly what you're looking for in a backup qb. 

Apparently the Titans will only have to pay Tannehill $7 million guaranteed (with a playing time escalator to $12 million), which is fine for an experienced backup. It makes sense for them. 

As for the Dolphins, I guess they're in full blown tank for Tua mode? Because nothing else about this makes sense. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, while I know that @briantw is a white guy who lives in North Carolina, I dare you to tell me he isn’t this guy:

I'm really more of a "pour a celebratory scotch/bourbon" type of person. 

Now, if the Browns win a Super Bowl, then that will probably be me, except drunker.  I remember the Cavs winning, hugging my friends I was out with, and then the rest of the night is entirely blank.  :lol:

Archived