NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I'm really more of a "pour a celebratory scotch/bourbon" type of person. 

Now, if the Browns win a Super Bowl, then that will probably be me, except drunker.  I remember the Cavs winning, hugging my friends I was out with, and then the rest of the night is entirely blank.  :lol:

Just don't go eating horse crap on us now. But if you have to, please, record the act and post it here.

Thanks!

Just now, JJ Lannister said:

Unbelievable. First Kareem and now Tyreek. If there is any evidence of this at all, we have to cut him. 

If he really broke his kid's arm, his NFL career is probably over.

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

The Dolphins just traded Ryan Tannehill to the Titans.

That's weird.  Now Miami has no quarterbacks at all, which isn't ideal.  Even if you're planning on drafting one, generally you wait until after the draft because otherwise you are desperate and can get screwed. 

It's also weird because why would the Titans want to trade for Ryan Tannehill?  If he'll take a paycut and become the backup then that's fine, but at the moment he's on the books for $19 million this year and $20 million next year.  Hardly what you're looking for in a backup qb. 

I get most of my sports content from a Miami based show, and it's pretty clear that the fans and the club were ready to move on. They were going to trade or cut him, and I'm surprised they got that much in return. Tannehill is one of the 32 best QBs on the planet, but it's clear you can't win anything meaningful with him.

Dolphins are clearly all in on tanking for Tua.

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

If he really broke his kid's arm, his NFL career is probably over.

Talent always gets you back in. Rice would have come back if (i) the league didn't grossly under suspend him and/or (ii) he hand anything meaningful left in the tank.

The NFL is quite clear on the matter. Beating a woman and/or child is bad, but forgivable if you got talent. Standing up against systemic racism and institutional injustice in the judicial system is bad, and completely unforgivable. 

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Are you stupid? I didn't think you were. Actually quite the opposite.

Are you unwell or feverish?

Not the first time he's done this, and the first time was arguably even worse (and the NFL ignored that one since it happened before he was drafted).  Historically, we saw Peterson lose a year for what would probably be considered a lesser offense.  There's gonna be pressure to bring the hammer down on him.  

Hunt just effectively got suspended for almost an entire season (between the exempt list and the eight game suspension) for getting into a few drunken fights.  Hill may have broken his kid's arm.

Just now, briantw said:

Not the first time he's done this, and the first time was arguably even worse (and the NFL ignored that one since it happened before he was drafted).  Historically, we saw Peterson lose a year for what would probably be considered a lesser offense.  There's gonna be pressure to bring the hammer down on him.  

Hunt just effectively got suspended for almost an entire season (between the exempt list and the eight game suspension) for getting into a few drunken fights.  Hill may have broken his kid's arm.

Two things.

First, would you rather have your arm broken or your sack split? I know which one I'd pick.

Second, does this mean Hill is going to become the caretaker of a haunted hotel now?

38 minutes ago, briantw said:

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Two things.

First, would you rather have your arm broken or your sack split? I know which one I'd pick.

Second, does this mean Hill is going to become the caretaker of a haunted hotel now?

Damn. Always on point Ty Ty.

Not only did Peterson rupture his son's scrotum, he openly admitted that he still beats him to this day in October.

I understand now. You're just a decent guy who believes in things like 'fairness' or 'accountability' or 'don't break your children.' 

Well wake the fuck up, Dorothy. Neverland was two exits ago.

Could we have a tank off next season? Miami and NYG both tanking for Tua?

FA season and Dallas continues it's recent trend of staying out of it and picking up some scraps along the way. I kind of like this version of not overpaying for other peoples players that may not fit what you do. Just have to keep drafting well.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, Ferrum Aeternum said:

As for the Dolphins, I guess they're in full blown tank for Tua mode? Because nothing else about this makes sense. 

They've signed Fitzmagic. Which is also the answer to the question, "How do we tank, yet keep things suspenseful all season?"

39 minutes ago, briantw said:

They hired a former Pats coordinator as their head coach, so the tanking should take care of itself.

Flores may have an out. He never officially had the coordinator title. He was in charge of that side and called the defensive plays, but no title.

Archived