NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

No real blockbusters tonight that I saw.  Curious where Rosen will end up.  Real poker game there right now.  Arizona would almost certainly take any 2nd right now.  But everyone else should know that too.

Also, if there were really as many people there as Roger said, wouldn't the boos have been louder?

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Elway’s inability to find a QB is baffling. 

Uh, it's always been baffling he has that job.  I'm sure when people ask him what they're gonna do at QB he still wonders "is Peyton still available?"

2 hours ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

I hate Dave Gettleman so much. He literally got hired by the Giants, defined QB hell then proceeded to put the Giants in QB hell. He said he wasn't gonna reach or force a pick then takes that pile of trash at 6 when he coulda got him at 17. He might be the worst GM in the league.

I figured not even they could fuck this up. Take an edge rusher first, then Haskins, Lock or Jones at 17(in that order). Like how fucking hard is this? But to have Allen be available at 6 and then Sweat at 17... and we pass on both of them!?! Then Washington gets Sweat for the cherry on top. 

Skins did what I wanted my team to do... that’s how bad it has gotten for NY.

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I figured not even they could fuck this up. Take an edge rusher first, then Haskins, Lock or Jones at 17(in that order). Like how fucking hard is this? But to have Allen be available at 6 and then Sweat at 17... and we pass on both of them!?! Then Washington gets Sweat for the cherry on top. 

Skins did what I wanted my team to do... that’s how bad it has gotten for NY.

Yea it's literally worst case scenario, I'm considering giving up on the NFL and the Giants, at least until Gettleman is gone/dead and/or John Mara steps down....these 2 m'fuckers messed up what was supposed to be the perfect storm of a weekend with the draft, Endgame and Sunday's episode

So many odd picks last night. I still can’t wrap my head around the Vikings taking a center when the one O-Line position that we had locked in was a freaking center.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the Washington Racial Slurs won the first round….

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the Washington Racial Slurs won the first round….

Any hope of you winning the argument with Haskins having a good career went out the window when Washington picked him.  Everything they touch turns to shit. 

I actually fell asleep after the Bruins game because I am old, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the Pats kept their pick and took a big receiver. Usually that's a spot where Belichick takes a DT or something. Interesting that the two worst WR-drafting teams of recent history (Ravens and Pats) both spent first round picks on receivers. I hope N'Keal Harry can pick up the plays quickly.

9 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Any hope of you winning the argument with Haskins having a good career went out the window when Washington picked him.  Everything they touch turns to shit. 

Eh, Washington isn’t actually that bad of a landing spot, given that they can sit him for at least 8 games and spend the rest of the draft building around him. 

13 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

13 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Yawn. Florio is just trying to get out ahead of the outrage mob. Suspend Hill for 8 games and send him to counseling for a few years.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

So many odd picks last night. I still can’t wrap my head around the Vikings taking a center when the one O-Line position that we had locked in was a freaking center.

Elflein kicks to Guard.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yawn. Florio is just trying to get out ahead of the outrage mob. Suspend Hill for 8 games and send him to counseling for a few years.

Wow. I thought I was a cold bitch. I guess I draw the line at children having their limbs broken by their assigned guardians and the mother being threatened to stay silent.

Different life views.

23 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Elflein kicks to Guard.

That’s my take too. Also, friendly reminder that Jace studies football way harder than any of us, because IDK if I can name a single offensive lineman on any team outside of the NFC North other than some famous dudes on the Eagles and Cowboys.

Wow. I thought I was a cold bitch. I guess I draw the line at children having their limbs broken by their assigned guardians and the mother being threatened to stay silent.

Different life views.

The yawn is at Florio saying he’d quit watching football if Hill ever plays again, not at what Hill did. Hill should get 90 days in jail and a heavy suspension, but his career shouldn’t have to be over.  

So it was an open secret that the Cardinals were going to take Murray #1.  They put out a little smoke this past week that maybe they'd take a defensive player, but nobody was really buying it.  Which is fine - if you think that Murray is significantly better than Rosen, then passing on him just because you spent the 10th pick last year would be foolish.

However, I'm having trouble really adding up what Arizona is thinking.  They had the first pick.  They didn't need to obfuscate or anything, they could just trade Rosen and then pick Murray.  But instead they waited.  And of course, the rest of the NFL draft took place, which means that the Giants and Redskins also picked quarterbacks, thus dropping out of the Rosen market. 

What is the logic here?  Why didn't they trade Rosen earlier this week before they lost their leverage?  Are they thinking that since Miami didn't draft a quarterback that they would be more desperate to get Rosen?  That seems pretty foolish since nobody is desperate to get Rosen, there's a good chance he sucks. 

I'm fine with giving guys second chances, but Hill already got a second chance when he was drafted after assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.  It's pretty obvious that the man hasn't changed based on the audio we've heard.  Kick him out and don't look back.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

That’s my take too. Also, friendly reminder that Jace studies football way harder than any of us, because IDK if I can name a single offensive lineman on any team outside of the NFC North other than some famous dudes on the Eagles and Cowboys.

The yawn is at Florio saying he’d quit watching football if Hill ever plays again, not at what Hill did. Hill should get 90 days in jail and a heavy suspension, but his career shouldn’t have to be over.  

10 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'm fine with giving guys second chances, but Hill already got a second chance when he was drafted after assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.  It's pretty obvious that the man hasn't changed based on the audio we've heard.  Kick him out and don't look back.

You touch it with a needle, Brian. Hill is out of chances. He had a second chance for BEATING THE WOMAN CARRYING THE CHILD, then proceeded to not only beat the child once able but threatened the mother to such a degree that she felt the need to tape him threatening the both of them.

THEN!!!! 

Whomever the mother gave the audio to had to decide that the abuse of a child is something people need to know about because the local authorities weren't willing to throw Hill at a jury with only a broken arm and no viable witnesses.

And Hill doesn't deserve to lose his job? He's a scumbag, Ty. He could hardly wait for the bitch to whelp so he'd have another punching bag.

Meanwhile I have viscious insomnia and have listened to Florio's radio show in podcast form for years. I've heard him talk about how much he loves his job a thousand times, I've heard him bitch about his job before saying he wants to do it forever a fucking million times. Today is the first time I've heard him say he might sell PFT at all, let alone for morality's sake.

And Florio was the first and loudest voice in defending Kaepernick. I think his basic decency credentials check out, even if he's got stupid rich guy syndrome.

Archived