NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

49 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Absolutely disgusted with the Bengals right now. We had a historically bad defense because of our LBers last year and we trade back to take a fucking projected mid round TE in the 2nd. Could have had Greedy Williams, Metcalf, AJ Brown...I hate my fucking team. 

Tanking for Tua?

Hoping Dallas takes a corner or safety next. Need a TE but none make sense here based on the evaluations. There is also a big WR, Iowa St I think, maybe a compliment to Cooper.

Edit: well there goes one, Layne....

Edit 2: Love is still there

Edit 3: And we take a guard.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Well, we decided to over correct on the whole ‘safe’ pick thing. As a 6’1” running back I’m really wondering how a 6’5” guy got it done. 

Yeah I didn't get that one.  Who's going to play on your secondary?!?

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Me too, I heard last week on some show that he will slide due to character issues and taking plays off.

Man Greedy fell a long way.  Remember ~6 months saw him in the top 10 of some mocks.

28 minutes ago, DMC said:

Man Greedy fell a long way.  Remember ~6 months saw him in the top 10 of some mocks.

I think PFF had him as their number six prospect in the draft.

Either way, I'll absolutely take him at 46.  He and Ward together is an awesome DB pair.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

I think PFF had him as their number six prospect in the draft.

Either way, I'll absolutely take him at 46.  He and Ward together is an awesome DB pair.

Yep great potential there, you can shade safety help to his side and know you are in good shape.

Dallas has a good history with drafting lineman so I have to trust them on this, maybe they are looking 2 steps ahead? I only saw one mock draft that had Dallas taking a OL player at all, and that was this same guy in the 5th round. 80% had them taking a safety in rd 2 and the guy they got in rd 2, taking him in rd 3. Either Dallas has a way better scouting dept than everyone else or they reached on both.

34 minutes ago, Rhom said:

And then there are the times your team drafts a punter... :dunno: 

Well, to be fair, they did need a punter.  Would have preferred they waited until the 5th or 6th round, but they don't have a 5th, so it's not much to complain about.  I'm hoping they have some secret plan for the secondary though.

3 hours ago, Trebla said:

The Cowboys have drafted Miami Hurricane players CB Michael Jackson and DE Joe Jackson. No word if Jermaine and Tito are also on  their board.

They want to sign them as undrafted FA, we all know they aren't the talented ones in the family!

I guess I understand Dallas taking OL. They are looking at potentially letting Le'al Collins go after this year. Can move last years 2nd rd lineman to right tackle and this years to right guard. Le'al Collins hasn't shown much but in the NFL he'll still get paid a big contract as long as he doesn't suck so bad this year that he gets benched.

They also took two RB's. Again understandable since they have let the higher paid ones leave and Zeke needs some plays off. 

After that it's all DL and DB's which were the biggest needs this year and seemingly every year. 

So I know we have this chat regularly about longevity vs best seasons production, and I think Jamaal Charles might be one of the most extreme cases we'll see.  Charles always struggled with injuries, and even early in his career he missed an entire season (2011).  But from 2008-2012, he averaged an astonishing 5.8 y/a.  His average went down to a still excellent 5.4 y/a for his whole career as his body wore down.  For the record, that 5.4 y/a is still the highest in NFL history of any running back with at least 1,000 carries. 

Quick quiz: how many combined individual seasons did HoF running backs Curtis Martin, Jerome Bettis, Emmett Smith and LaDanian Tomlinson have in their careers that met or exceeded 5.4 y/a?

Spoiler

None.

One of my favorite Saturday Night Live moments came right after the Clinton impeachment fizzled out.

Daryl Hammond as Clinton walked out to a pedestal, looked at the camera, gave the closed fist thumbs up, bit his lip, and said in a perfect Clinton drawl “I. Am. Bulletproof.”

Clinton has nothing on Robert Kraft.

Archived