NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

16 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

lol, I like that you came to the NFL thread to share this.

But, a) you should know I already read it and b) not to be hyperbolic, but it is the single greatest thing I have read in my life. Heck if he just posted the LFO lyrics without context, it would still be in the top 10. 

Where else would it go?  I mean, the 1980s thread is long buried and the Top 10 thread is covered in Bakkake.  That just leaves the NFL thread. 

Man, the Cowboys are really behind the eight-ball. They have to pay all three guys without busting their cap space, but the most important player is the one with the least value. Dak's numbers are terrible when Zeke isn't playing, and Cooper's numbers drop dramatically too. It will be interesting to see just exactly how they screw everything up.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Man, the Cowboys are really behind the eight-ball. They have to pay all three guys without busting their cap space, but the most important player is the one with the least value. Dak's numbers are terrible when Zeke isn't playing, and Cooper's numbers drop dramatically too. It will be interesting to see just exactly how they screw everything up.

I'm waiting for this atom to split with baited breath.

5 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Where else would it go?  I mean, the 1980s thread is long buried and the Top 10 thread is covered in Bakkake.  That just leaves the NFL thread. 

Bakkake you say?!!?

This is why EXPERT Jace is the Basilissa of EXPERTS because I put in the work. No recount! I would have won A if not for 300 illegal fantasy points! Total victory! I dont start trade WARS i end them. NO COLLUSION! 

Joe Flacco looks very tall and thus dependable on the sideline.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:20 PM, Triskele said:

There's something a bit obscene about the phrase "covered in Bakkake," Maith. 

Haven't looked at this thread in a bit, but seriously WTF is going on?

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Fantasy

Apparently there's another reason for me to avoid fantasy football.  What do you guys do when you get together for those stupid drafts?

On 7/31/2019 at 11:20 PM, Triskele said:

I would just like to say that Eponine brought it up, not me.  And I also apologized.  This isn't US politics, and an apology is supposed to count for something.

There's something a bit obscene about the phrase "covered in Bakkake," Maith.  

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Haven't looked at this thread in a bit, but seriously WTF is going on?

I didn't expect my offhand joke about LFO to get so much attention.  Am I using the term wrong?  Yes, it's a double entendre, but it's not like I invented it, it's come up many times on the forum before. 

As for football, I think it's interesting that the NFL's decision not to let Trump into their little club (which was totally the right call at the time), has backfired so spectacularly.  I feel like Trumpists are still angry that so many black players remain willing to bring politics into football, and many Democrats are angry that the NFL proved so gutless when they eagerly abandoned Kaepernick to appease the bully.  The end result is that I feel like the NFL's position in American culture is significantly diminished even compared to just five years ago.  I'm not sure if TV ratings bear this out, but in my circle of friends and family NFL enthusiasm is WAY down. 

And that is in fact a big win for Trump, because he cannot stand rejection.  If he loses the election in 2020, he may nuke Philadelphia just out of spite. 

5 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I didn't expect my offhand joke about LFO to get so much attention. 

As my quote suggested, these are simply references I don't understand.  So..kinda weirds me out.  In a funny way though so, thanks!

Just now, DMC said:

As my quote suggested, these are simply references I don't understand.  So..kinda weirds me out.  In a funny way though so, thanks!

It is a reference to bringing up Bakker in threads that have nothing to do with Bakker.  The Top 10 thread (about your ten favorite books) had a pagelong digression into Bakker. 

9 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It is a reference to bringing up Bakker in threads that have nothing to do with Bakker.  The Top 10 thread (about your ten favorite books) had a pagelong digression into Bakker. 

That digression wouldn't have occurred if more people had read and absorbed the wisdom of Atlas Shrugged.

23 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

And that is in fact a big win for Trump, because he cannot stand rejection.  If he loses the election in 2020, he may nuke Philadelphia just out of spite. 

Would you miss it though?  Would you?

25 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Would you miss it though?  Would you?

A few years ago, I might have thought "fuck you Eagles!"  But nowadays?  I'd probably remember the many friends I have living there, some of whom are good people. 

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Apparently there's another reason for me to avoid fantasy football.  What do you guys do when you get together for those stupid drafts?

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I don't think you're ready to see Jace and I's drunken hate sexting. 

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

The end result is that I feel like the NFL's position in American culture is significantly diminished even compared to just five years ago. 

It sure doesn't help them that the NBA is soaring through the sky. I can't recall a summer when at mid-July, I was more engaged in the NBA than the NFL, and my football team is actually good while my basketball team is trash. 

On 7/31/2019 at 6:40 PM, Tywin et al. said:

To be fair to my team, it's FIVE (5) guys they have to pay, almost six.  Zeke, Dak, Cooper, J Smith, B Jones, and Le'el Collins. Collins and Jones are probably going to walk as a FA because Dallas can't afford to pay them all.  This is what happens when you have a couple successful drafts in a row, the checks all come due at the same time.

10 minutes ago, dbunting said:

To be fair to my team, it's FIVE (5) guys they have to pay, almost six.  Zeke, Dak, Cooper, J Smith, B Jones, and Le'el Collins. Collins and Jones are probably going to walk as a FA because Dallas can't afford to pay them all.  This is what happens when you have a couple successful drafts in a row, the checks all come due at the same time.

Hey man, my team is where yours will be in two years, cap hell from a series of deep drafts. That said, the Cowboys would be making a mistake if they give Dak what the rumors say he wants (top 5 pay). The guy hasn't even thrown 25 TDs in a single season, and his accuracy is below 50% when Zeke isn't in the game.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't think you're ready to see Jace and I's drunken hate sexting.

It bothers me on some level that I find myself curiously intrigued...

Archived