NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

34 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Everyone I knew growing up would say "glossed over" like glassed over.

Always thought it was a regional thing.

Could be, but it doesn’t reach this far. It doesn’t matter though. Us Midwesterners will always be looked down upon by those filthy coasters!

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Everyone I knew growing up would say "glossed over" like glassed over.

Always thought it was a regional thing.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Could be, but it doesn’t reach this far. It doesn’t matter though. Us Midwesterners will always be looked down upon by those filthy coasters!

I have a friend from Rockford, Illinois and she always pronounces it Rackferd.

So I can see glasses instead of glossed.

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I have a friend from Rockford, Illinois and she always pronounces it Rackferd.

So I can see glasses instead of glossed.

Thanks for the assist. It was a conscious choice to spell it that way against the autocorrect's tyrannical dictates.

You should play fantasy football with us.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

You flyover people do talk funny though. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a long drive from Glosstah to Woostah ahead of me.

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

You flyover people do talk funny though. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a long drive from Glosstah to Woostah ahead of me.

Ugh, that stupid movie* Fargo made everyone think we actually talk like that. Nobody South of Brainard does.

*It's not actually a stupid move, it's great, and I grew up right by the car dealership shown frequently in the film. The Coen brothers grew up very closely to where I did. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It doesn’t matter though. Us Midwesterners will always be looked down upon by those filthy coasters!

Damn right, as we should.  And to rip off Dante, now if you'll excuse me, I have to get some rest before a brunch tomorrow meeting up with 3 old PhD friends who are in town for the day.  We're going to this chic place called Urban Tap where I'll be dining on avocado and eggs - with poblano pepper hash and corn & black-eyed pea salsa - and mimosas.

Also, how dare you even sarcastically suggest Fargo is a stupid movie.  Twenty lashes for you.

Archived