Jace, Basilissa

NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Hoping for the Q. Bosa’s pretty foolproof, but his ceiling’s a lot lower than Williams imo and has some athletic limitations that means he’ll have to max out a lot on technique against better tackles. He’s kind of a lock for consistent pass rush numbers but I think better tackles can stone him.

17 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Hoping for the Q. Bosa’s pretty foolproof, but his ceiling’s a lot lower than Williams imo and has some athletic limitations that means he’ll have to max out a lot on technique against better tackles. He’s kind of a lock for consistent pass rush numbers but I think better tackles can stone him.

I don't get the Bosa love. Williams looks like he could be a game wrecker. He's a lot bigger while being basically just as fast, and I suspect he is a good deal stronger than Bosa too. I wonder what his prospect grade would be if he was Nick Johnson and didn't have an All-Star brother in the league (worth noting that I said the same thing about TJ Watt, and he seems to be a stud like his brother).

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't get the Bosa love. Williams looks like he could be a game wrecker. He's a lot bigger while being basically just as fast, and I suspect he is a good deal stronger than Bosa too. I wonder what his prospect grade would be if he was Nick Johnson and didn't have an All-Star brother in the league (worth noting that I said the same thing about TJ Watt, and he seems to be a stud like his brother).

My main problems with him are his short arms and meh explosion-related numbers. He’s an excellent technician, great..like really really great hands, great motor, smart, etc. He’s the kind of guy I can see better OT’s keeping quiet but he’ll eat up journeymen and back-ups for solid numbers probably from the get-go, and there IS value is having a high floor from. gM’s POV.

I agree on Williams being better in most athletic senses. Obviously the fear is one-year wonder and Bosa’s a better pure need fit for the Niners, but i’m really hoping for Q.

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't get the Bosa love. Williams looks like he could be a game wrecker.

Unless they trade Thomas, and I saw rumors today that they're shopping him, there's not enough difference between Bosa and Q to justify taking the latter.  You always wanna go BPA but that's pretty much a toss-up anyway, so you go with the guy that is best positioned to help your team now.

9 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I wonder how long I'm going to have to wait to see the Pats trade away #32.

I just texted the same thing to my bestie.

Posted (edited)

Not being a dick, has Goodell had a stroke? His voice sounds different and he’s slurring a lot. Legitimately asking.

Also, the NFL draft has gone full game show.

Edited by James Arryn

4 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Not being a dick, has Goodell had a stroke? His voice sounds different and he’s slurring a lot. Legitimately asking.

Also, the NFL draft has gone full game show.

Nah, Florio just dropped this on him 20 minutes before opening.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/25/disturbing-audio-emerges-of-tyreek-hill-threatening-crystal-espinal/

Jags got a steal with Josh Allen. Jets and Raiders should have taken him. I read on Twitter that Josh Allen ( and Ed Oliver) has the same agent as Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper. If the Raiders didn't pick those guys because of that and reached for the dude they picked... :lmao:

9 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Wtf is Bush wearing? :lol:

It beats what he would have been wearing every Sunday this fall if he'd been taken one pick later...:D

At some point, someone told Bush that suit was a good idea.  He should fire that person.  

17 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Wtf is Bush wearing? :lol:

You see his footwear? They were like black platform sneakers. So weird.