NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

35 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

You touch it with a needle, Brian. Hill is out of chances. He had a second chance for BEATING THE WOMAN CARRYING THE CHILD, then proceeded to not only beat the child once able but threatened the mother to such a degree that she felt the need to tape him threatening the both of them.

THEN!!!! 

Whomever the mother gave the audio to had to decide that the abuse of a child is something people need to know about because the local authorities weren't willing to throw Hill at a jury with only a broken arm and no viable witnesses.

And Hill doesn't deserve to lose his job? He's a scumbag, Ty. He could hardly wait for the bitch to whelp so he'd have another punching bag.

Meanwhile I have viscious insomnia and have listened to Florio's radio show in podcast form for years. I've heard him talk about how much he loves his job a thousand times, I've heard him bitch about his job before saying he wants to do it forever a fucking million times. Today is the first time I've heard him say he might sell PFT at all, let alone for morality's sake.

And Florio was the first and loudest voice in defending Kaepernick. I think his basic decency credentials check out, even if he's got stupid rich guy syndrome.

Yup.  It's possible for guys to change.  It's clear Hill hasn't.  He can fuck off.

I'll feel the same way about Kareem Hunt if he gets drunk again and gets in a fight with someone.  Hunt is on his second chance now.  If he stays sober and out of trouble, I'll be happy to root for him.  If he doesn't, cut his ass.  And Hunt's issues are far less serious than Hill's.

So apparently Fins are close to acquiring Rosen for their 2nd round pick(48th). So Giants could’ve drafted Allen then Sweat or Lawrence, and easily traded for Rosen. Ugh

ETA: I also saw this gem of a stat. Out of the 58 first round QB’s taken over the last 20 years, Daniel Jones’ career 6.2 AY/A is better than just Jake Locker, Patrick Ramsey and Kyle Boller. 

5 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

... If there was a Lifetime for Men channel. Or is that Spike TV? Is Spike TV still a thing?

It's called Paramount Network now.  I haven't even been able to see it for years because they seem to be in an unending fight with Comcast.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He's a scumbag, Ty.

I never said he wasn’t, and I’m one of the few people in this thread that specifically said he should be in jail. My eye roll was at Florio’s over the top hot take, one which he probably did to gain attention. If the league wants to black ball him then so be it, but don’t come out and try to the loudest voice in the room about.

21 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I never said he wasn’t, and I’m one of the few people in this thread that specifically said he should be in jail. My eye roll was at Florio’s over the top hot take, one which he probably did to gain attention. If the league wants to black ball him then so be it, but don’t come out and try to the loudest voice in the room about.

Why is it over the top? He sees something fucking disgusting and is taking a stand. And even if it is "over the top" does that inherently devalue his opinion? Lots of people have reached a moral breaking point with the NFL. One of them still posts here!

Hey @Kalbear , did YOU stop watching the NFL for attention? 

Did you even listen to the audio, Tywin? I sincerely hope you haven't listened and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about instead of taking shots at the one NFL related media source that wasn't about to bury this heinous shit so that their reality show could have a nice evening. 

Idk, seems weird. I know you've been on a counter-liberal spin for a little bit and that's great and all. But uh, when a guy with a pretty blemish free record makes a statement to the effect of "I can't be a part of this industry" on the condition of an admitted monsters' continued employment my first instinct isn't to trash the guy facing a moral dilemma and suggest leniency for the belligerent.

27 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Why is it over the top? He sees something fucking disgusting and is taking a stand. And even if it is "over the top" does that inherently devalue his opinion? Lots of people have reached a moral breaking point with the NFL. One of them still posts here!

Hey @Kalbear , did YOU stop watching the NFL for attention? 

Did you even listen to the audio, Tywin? I sincerely hope you haven't listened and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about instead of taking shots at the one NFL related media source that wasn't about to bury this heinous shit so that their reality show could have a nice evening. 

Idk, seems weird. I know you've been on a counter-liberal spin for a little bit and that's great and all. But uh, when a guy with a pretty blemish free record makes a statement to the effect of "I can't be a part of this industry" on the condition of an admitted monsters' continued employment my first instinct isn't to trash the guy facing a moral dilemma and suggest leniency for the belligerent.

Comparing Kal and Florio is silly Jace. We know that Kal walked away over principles. We don't know if Florio was doing the same, and media types have an obligation to be over the top because that helps drive ratings. Also, I'm not sure why you think other outlets are talking about it? I don't listen to much sports radio, but what I've heard so far has. 

Also also, since when have I been "counter-liberal?" 

I dont think its reasonable to assume that someone protesting is doing so disingenuously. Not watching the NFL has become a bigger and bigger thing - a lot of people stopped after Kaep. 

And for some people, the idea of supporting an industry that employs people who beat their infant kids is one that causes a visceral reaction. 

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I love the looks on their stupid Basic Bitch faces. It makes me happy!

For sure, just don't get the Sherman reference.  Because we can all "compromise" by laughing at those women?

1 minute ago, DMC said:

For sure, just don't get the Sherman reference.  Because we can all "compromise" by laughing at those women?

It was a reference to a long running gag that someone who may or may not be Dante Gabriel wrote for Bill Simmons' Grantland.com and used this thread to test out their theories/ideas.

"A few specific individuals knew what the President meant by covfefe."

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

Surprised Greedy fell to the Browns' second rounder.  

Also, Greedy Williams is an all-time great DB name imo.  

Me too, I heard last week on some show that he will slide due to character issues and taking plays off. I think he knew it was coming because his teammate Devin White was saying yesterday about how a team should take Greedy before him, something along those lines.

Absolutely disgusted with the Bengals right now. We had a historically bad defense because of our LBers last year and we trade back to take a fucking projected mid round TE in the 2nd. Could have had Greedy Williams, Metcalf, AJ Brown...I hate my fucking team. 

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Absolutely disgusted with the Bengals right now. We had a historically bad defense because of our LBers last year and we trade back to take a fucking projected mid round TE in the 2nd. Could have had Greedy Williams, Metcalf, AJ Brown...I hate my fucking team. 

I didn't even know who that TE was.

Archived