NFL Offseason 2019: Gettleman Browns all over the Giants

Jace, Extat

11 hours ago, dbunting said:

The thing I don't get is (as a Cowboys fan I am biased) how Zeke Elliot got 6 games and was never arrested, even the NFL's investigators didn't find much other than inconsistencies!

This guy has a history of violence, somehow the kids arm got broken, has him on tape threatening her and he gets nothing?

If Roger Goodell has proven one thing, it is that there is no rhyme or reason or ability to reliably predict how he reacts to various allegations and misdeed by players and coaches.  Way back in the Tagliabue era I had become, like many, disgusted with how the NFL used the judicial process as a shield from making any hard decisions, I was happy to see Goodell come in and say that they're not going to simply wait for the legal process any longer to give out punishments, I thought good, let them be pro active and stop letting the money and the celebrity of players gaming the legal system get them off w/no punishment at all when they are clearly guilty of misbehavior.

Ah, be careful what you wish for.  I can now, in hindsight, see that at the very least Tagliabue's policy was consistent, everyone was treated the same, and that's something.  Now, it's a totally random lottery of whether there is over punishment, under punishment or both or nothing.  I agree that Elliot got screwed, but then, many players get screwed these days by the commissioner.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

WTF.  Was hyped for Hard Knocks this year like everyone with Chuckie, Richie. Burfect, Antonio, etc....but I was not aware until today (and apologies if I missed this) that they had also brought in Nathan Peterman.  

I am actually a bit fearful that I'll get annoyed this Hard Knocks when they focus on the rookies trying to make the team.  This is normally so compelling, but this year it was just represent screen time taken away from all the rest of this stuff.  

How the fuck did you not know about the Peterman reclamation project? Grudes had to dump Christian Hackenberg when he couldn't hit the salad bar in-stride, he needs a pet science experiment to keep DARK GRUDEN distracted from trading away any of the good players left.

I mean just last week DARK GRUDEN was trying to convince Belichick to take Antonio Brown off his hands as part of a wild scheme to supplant Mike Tomlin via league meeting procedural loopholes, trade for Brown again a la Randy Moss going back to the Vikings, and thus set himself up for a trade back to Tampa Bay where his immortal DARK GRUDEN soul will be free to plunder the local coastlines for enough nubile maids to keep Richie Incognito at game-level insanity for a whole month!

Golden Tate popped for PEDs 4 games, I hope that "fertility boost" was worth it.

The giants receiving corps is a shell of the shell it was last year already. Stirling Sheppard broke his thumb the other day right before Corey Coleman tore an ACL. 

I hope Saquan Barkely likes his career life expectancy to be 4 years of damn fine production on a bottom 5 team.

4 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Golden Tate popped for PEDs 4 games, I hope that "fertility boost" was worth it.

The giants receiving corps is a shell of the shell it was last year already. Stirling Sheppard broke his thumb the other day right before Corey Coleman tore an ACL. 

I hope Saquan Barkely likes his career life expectancy to be 4 years of damn fine production on a bottom 5 team.

All I know is that I've got Evan Engram on my main dynasty team and it's wheels fucking up.  

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

All I know is that I've got Evan Engram on my main dynasty team and it's wheels fucking up.  

In a world of no Wide Recievers, the capable Tight End is King.

Eta: he'll get the Greg Olsen treatment a la Jay Cutler in Chicago. Only trouble is Jay had one of the most fantastic arms I've ever seen and Eli underwent experimental surgery to attach a pool noodle to his shoulder.

23 hours ago, Mexal said:

Seems to be a sprained ankle. Still, I hate football.

Torn ligaments, out 6-8 weeks and expected not to make in time for the regular season. Dude is cursed the last few seasons, damn. 

17 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

Torn ligaments, out 6-8 weeks and expected not to make in time for the regular season. Dude is cursed the last few seasons, damn. 

Bengals are cursed. This is going to be another one of those seasons.

On 7/27/2019 at 12:50 PM, Jace, Basilissa said:

Check the sig.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Too bad Trevor Lawrence isn’t coming out next year...

You guys are going to ruin Tua, aren’t you?  

Gonna give Golden Tate the benefit of the doubt on this one. Said he learned of the banned substance after the injection and that he self reported to the NFL, who then of course drug tested him.  Tate, from what little I have seen seems to genuinely be a nice guy. I was at a game here in Detroit and during the pregame warm ups he took it upon himself to run over to a group of kids in wheel chairs on the sidelines and shake all their hands and take pics with them. No PR person took him or guided him.

18 hours ago, dbunting said:

Gonna give Golden Tate the benefit of the doubt on this one. Said he learned of the banned substance after the injection and that he self reported to the NFL, who then of course drug tested him.  Tate, from what little I have seen seems to genuinely be a nice guy. I was at a game here in Detroit and during the pregame warm ups he took it upon himself to run over to a group of kids in wheel chairs on the sidelines and shake all their hands and take pics with them. No PR person took him or guided him.

Trouble is, after like 30 guys have used the 'fertility drug' excuse it's kinda soiled for all time. It's in the CBA that players have ultimate liability over putting banned substances in their bodies. If he wanted to be innocent he should have approved the 'fertility drug' with the NFL.

You don't have to be a scumbag to try and gain an advantage as you get older and are trying to keep your job.

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

*fist-pumping* 

Nathan Peterman Madden 20 Rating: Is He the Worst QB in the Game?

Nathan Peterman is rated 50 overall, not quite the worst quarterback in the game. In fact, the lowest rated quarterback in Madden 20 is Alex Tanney of the New York Giants at 45 overall.

Here's the Oakland Raiders' QB depth chart in Madden 20:

• Derek Carr - 80 overall
  • Mike Glennon - 61 overall
  • Nathan Peterman - 50 overallr

https://www.dbltap.com/posts/nathan-peterman-madden-20-rating-is-he-the-worst-qb-in-the-game-01dg5m5dsz8r

I find the bolded section confusing. 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Tanney should sue for libel.

If every 10th throw doesn't automatically result in a pick six, I really question the realism of this game. 

17 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Tanney should sue for libel.

If every 10th throw doesn't automatically result in a pick six, I really question the realism of this game. 

I think that everyone should just put down their Madden controller and instead read this astonishingly long dive into what may or may not be the greatest song ever written, LFO's Summer Girls.

There is a sense, in short, of a chaotic new era dawning, and then immediately collapsing. “‘Summer Girls’ is a quintessential example of a song that no possible way would have been a hit in 2001, 2002,”  

You love hip-hop and rock ’n’ roll
Dad took off when you were 4 years old
There was a good man named Paul Revere
I feel much better, baby, when you’re near

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I think that everyone should just put down their Madden controller and instead read this astonishingly long dive into what may or may not be the greatest song ever written, LFO's Summer Girls.

lol, I like that you came to the NFL thread to share this.

But, a) you should know I already read it and b) not to be hyperbolic, but it is the single greatest thing I have read in my life. Heck if he just posted the LFO lyrics without context, it would still be in the top 10. 

Archived