U.S. Politics: Impoverished In Squalor

lokisnow

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

I can't believe this.  Now I'm getting ads on this site for womens shoes.  Skynet has already taken over.

Not just any women's shoes. But women's shoes in the $100 price range.

That's more than I've spent on all men shoes in the last 6 years.

And more than I've spent on women's shoes in the last 8 years. 

25 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

That's more than I've spent

I don't even want to begin to calculate how little I've spent on shoes in comparison.  It's not endearing, more just pathetic.

16 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

And I thought you were sole-less...

Well done.

It's getting to be that conspiracy hour, so I may be up my own ass here and reading in too much to what is probably just the unstoppable encroachment of senility onto what was already a deeply diseased mind, but anybody think Trump's renewed diatribe about McCain might be an attempt at keeping Biden out of the race? I know part of the reason he stepped away from politics for a bit was to spend time with family and kind of come to terms with his son's death. This does kind of send a message about how ugly this campaign is going to be on families. I know they were friends, Biden and McCain.

5 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

but anybody think Trump's renewed diatribe about McCain might be an attempt at keeping Biden out of the race?

Nope.  Just got pretty high and I still don't see the connection.

Stay the fuck away, Joe Biden.  Out of all the potential candidates that have been discussed the last few months, I can't think of a more tone-deaf response than nominating Biden.  Might as well run Clinton again, or Howard Schultz or Bloomberg.   Biden is not the future and he's not going to beat Trump.

15 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

6 hours ago, DMC said:

I can't believe this.  Now I'm getting ads on this site for womens shoes.  Skynet has already taken over.

I know right. Damn you MZ for getting Zappos into my life. Now I get Stugotz's pain!

6 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Not just any women's shoes. But women's shoes in the $100 price range.

That's more than I've spent on all men shoes in the last 6 years.

And more than I've spent on women's shoes in the last 8 years. 

6 hours ago, DMC said:

I don't even want to begin to calculate how little I've spent on shoes in comparison.  It's not endearing, more just pathetic.

Yes, it is. I own about a dozen pairs of shoes, and they're all more expensive than MZ's cougar heels. Invest in your shoes brah.

Be Mike Trout, not Bryce Harper:

Also, I hope to god you two aren’t being cheap with your suits. Those things pay for themselves if you get a few nice ones.

It is surprising to me that Trump sees attacking McCain as a winning play.  I think this is for him all about loyalty, and McCain showed no loyalty to Trump, and thus must be punished.  But I feel like if you were going to attack a Republican to show other Republicans they need to stay in line, attacking Bush would make a lot more sense (or Romney, or even Murkowski).  McCain is primarily remembered as a war hero, going after him after he died is just strange. 

Trump has only gotten the usual ineffectual tut-tuting from concerned Republicans, because they don't want to go to bat for a dead man, but this is exactly the kind of thing that keeps Trumps approval rating at 41% in spite of a growing economy.  I've no doubt that a big portion (possibly a majority) of Republicans and Independents don't like seeing this and just wish Trump would stop.

9 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It is surprising to me that Trump sees attacking McCain as a winning play.  I think this is for him all about loyalty, and McCain showed no loyalty to Trump, and thus must be punished.  But I feel like if you were going to attack a Republican to show other Republicans they need to stay in line, attacking Bush would make a lot more sense (or Romney, or even Murkowski).  McCain is primarily remembered as a war hero, going after him after he died is just strange. 

This is, again, why I was pointing out the need to understand various psychological disorders. Understand them and Trump’s behavior makes a lot more sense.

2 minutes ago, mormont said:

I think you're way overthinking. Trump attacking McCain is just him settling scores. He loves that. 

I didn't see the Daily Show on this, but according to my Facebook, they had the punchline "When you go six feet under, Trump goes lower".

I loved that.

22 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Trump has only gotten the usual ineffectual tut-tuting from concerned Republicans, because they don't want to go to bat for a dead man, but this is exactly the kind of thing that keeps Trumps approval rating at 41% in spite of a growing economy.  I've no doubt that a big portion (possibly a majority) of Republicans and Independents don't like seeing this and just wish Trump would stop.

He's in the "ranting at JFK's portrait" phase of his Presidency.

45 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Ana Navarro's response on the View was pretty delightful.

14 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

No kind of expert on shoes at all, but to me, those look...cheap.  Like they'd disintegrate after the second mud puddle.

Oh sweet summer child, these are OFFICE shoes.  They live in my office.  They are never worn outside.  I have commuting shoes for that.  But since it is Friday, today I am just wearing Docs.  Cause I can and it is raining.

8 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

And I thought you were sole-less...

Bravo.  (But I have an excess of sole, which sits in the gap between my unconscious self and reality).

Separately, we are now seeing negative yields on German bonds, and the global outlook is iffy.  Fed has signaled that rates are staying put.  There is softness....how does this play into our economy and by immediate extension 2020?

Archived