U.S. Politics: Impoverished In Squalor

lokisnow

53 minutes ago, Mexal said:

On plus side, I doubt we hear anything on what's in it until it gets to Congress which might be this weekend or next week.

Well we can say we're finally at the end of the beginning. 

38 minutes ago, Triskele said:

At this juncture I really have no idea how to predict what's in it but I am sure praying that they've got some damning stuff.  

I'd set the betting line at some staffers at all levels conspired to or improperly acted with the Russians, there's no smoking gun that Trump did or had any knowledge of the activities, but over the course of the investigation we did uncover serious financial fraud and crimes that should be investigated at all the appropriate levels.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I thought you had a bit of Ric Flair in ya. Gotta be stylin and profilin!

Nah I don't really have much in terms of "style."  In fact you could say my style is not having style, except the hipsters ruined that.  So, I suppose my style would be (really was) more of the Jim Morrison type.  Not a great analogue for popular pro wrestlers.  Except, well, John "Morrison".

30 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Mueller is not recommending any more indictments.

Nothing against Trump Jr, or Trump, or Kushner or anyone else. According to CNN.

I'm honestly just glad the tea leave reading can now end.  I thought maybe he'd go after Junior Bateman, but I'm not surprised he didn't.

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

Nah I don't really have much in terms of "style."  In fact you could say my style is not having style, except the hipsters ruined that.  So, I suppose my style would be (really was) more of the Jim Morrison type.  Not a great analogue for popular pro wrestlers.  Except, well, John "Morrison".

So you had the hipster look before hipsters made it popular.

That's some meta-hipster s*** right there.

:P

I'm honestly just glad the tea leave reading can now end.  I thought maybe he'd go after Junior Bateman, but I'm not surprised he didn't.

Maybe he really did conclude that Jr. is too stupid to realize he was conspiring with Russia.

But as I've been saying for a while, the Trumps have much more to fear from SDNY than Mueller, and who knows how much he's found and given to them.

11 minutes ago, Relic said:

This whole Mueller thing might be Trump's roadmap to re-election. 

Eh, I suspect people already feel how they're going to feel and this won't change much unless it was a total condemnation or absolution. 2020 will still come down to selecting a good nominee, running a strong campaign, better voter registration and turn out. Basically don't do what Hillary did and ignore your states to run up the vote in states you're not going to win.

SDNY aren’t going after him until he is out of office.

Wasn’t Mueller also investigating obstruction? If he couldn’t pin him on the thing he has done openly and often it really calls into question the integrity of the entire project.

Just now, Morpheus said:

Wasn’t Mueller also investigsting obstruction? If he couldn’t pin him on the thing he has done openly and often it really calls into question the integrity of the entire project.

There's a huge distinction between presenting evidence of a crime and trying to indict a president.  There's nothing that suggests his report doesn't include plenty of the former, as of yet.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

There's a huge distinction between presenting evidence of a crime and trying to indict a president.  There's nothing that suggests his report doesn't include plenty of the former, as of yet.

Yeah I forgot they are taking the DoJ guidelines as law.

I am still surprised Kushner has evidently escaped unscathed, he is knee deep in all of the suspicious foreign entanglements.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Exactly. All the leaks will be favorable to the White House early until we learn the contents of the report. For now, the narrative will be all about the lack of indictments for anything additional related to Russia or obstruction.

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Interesting thread.

I only read the tweet, but no Seth Abramson is wrong to say it's inaccurate for the media to describe this as Mueller's "final report."  It's plainly a report.  And while it may not be Mueller's "final" one, it's very likely it's the last one that matters.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

I only read the tweet, but no Seth Abramson is wrong to say it's inaccurate for the media to describe this as Mueller's "final report."  It's plainly a report.  And while it may not be Mueller's "final" one, it's very likely it's the last one that matters.

Perhaps read a bit more before declaring he's wrong, eh?

7 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Perhaps read a bit more before declaring he's wrong, eh?

Ok I read more.  So now not only do I declare he's wrong about that, but about a ton of more things.  Honestly I couldn't finish all his entirely unsubstantiated bitching.

Archived