Sign in to follow this  
lokisnow

U.S. Politics: Impoverished In Squalor

22 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It is surprising to me that Trump sees attacking McCain as a winning play.  I think this is for him all about loyalty, and McCain showed no loyalty to Trump, and thus must be punished.  But I feel like if you were going to attack a Republican to show other Republicans they need to stay in line, attacking Bush would make a lot more sense (or Romney, or even Murkowski).  McCain is primarily remembered as a war hero, going after him after he died is just strange. 

Trump has only gotten the usual ineffectual tut-tuting from concerned Republicans, because they don't want to go to bat for a dead man, but this is exactly the kind of thing that keeps Trumps approval rating at 41% in spite of a growing economy.  I've no doubt that a big portion (possibly a majority) of Republicans and Independents don't like seeing this and just wish Trump would stop.

He's in the "ranting at JFK's portrait" phase of his Presidency.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Trump has only gotten the usual ineffectual tut-tuting from concerned Republicans, because they don't want to go to bat for a dead man, but this is exactly the kind of thing that keeps Trumps approval rating at 41% in spite of a growing economy.  I've no doubt that a big portion (possibly a majority) of Republicans and Independents don't like seeing this and just wish Trump would stop.

Ana Navarro's response on the View was pretty delightful.

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

6 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Ana Navarro's response on the View was pretty delightful.

I'm at work.  You wanna give me the gist of it? 

15 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It's probably like the shower scene from Scary Movie. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

She references Harry Potter while calling most of the GOP cowards, and Trump all kinds of things.

6 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

She references Harry Potter while calling most of the GOP cowards, and Trump all kinds of things.

Who gets to be Delores Umbridge?  Pleaseletitbemitch.

14 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

No kind of expert on shoes at all, but to me, those look...cheap.  Like they'd disintegrate after the second mud puddle.

Oh sweet summer child, these are OFFICE shoes.  They live in my office.  They are never worn outside.  I have commuting shoes for that.  But since it is Friday, today I am just wearing Docs.  Cause I can and it is raining.

8 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

And I thought you were sole-less...

Bravo.  (But I have an excess of sole, which sits in the gap between my unconscious self and reality).

Separately, we are now seeing negative yields on German bonds, and the global outlook is iffy.  Fed has signaled that rates are staying put.  There is softness....how does this play into our economy and by immediate extension 2020?

1 minute ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Separately, we are now seeing negative yields on German bonds, and the global outlook is iffy.  Fed has signaled that rates are staying put.  There is softness....how does this play into our economy and by immediate extension 2020?

The biggest known unknown is Brexit.  If they crash out with No Deal, that is an immediate economic problem for Britain, and to a lesser extent Europe and the US.  Could easily be the kind of turning point needed to tip off a downturn. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Sessions would obv be Kreacher if he were still on the team.

22 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Mitch is Fudge

Devos is Delores

Trump is Quirrell

Putin is Voldemort

Is McCain Snape? There aren’t many options for this role…..

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Mitch is Fudge

Devos is Delores

Trump is Quirrell

Putin is Voldemort

Is McCain Snape? There aren’t many options for this role…..

Comey is Snape.

4 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Comey is Snape.

Why did you just kill Comey?

Pelosi is McGonagall

I'm going to assume there's no actual Harry in this scenario, unless maybe the daughter of that ex-Russian spy that got poisoned. 

47 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

how does this play into our economy and by immediate extension 2020?

Most likely another decade of stupidity.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why did you just kill Comey?

Pelosi is McGonagall

Trump did when he fired him. Then his testimony is like the memories that told Harry what he needed to know.

So Mueller is Harry I guess?

20 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Trump did when he fired him. Then his testimony is like the memories that told Harry what he needed to know.

So Mueller is Harry I guess?

Comey is more like Mad Eye Moody.

Mueller is some random Auror.

Harry isn’t a person. He’s a state of mind. As is Malfoy.

Posted (edited)

pfft, Harry be Obama

Biden be Ron

Hermione is Clinton

Edited by lokisnow

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The biggest known unknown is Brexit.  If they crash out with No Deal, that is an immediate economic problem for Britain, and to a lesser extent Europe and the US.  Could easily be the kind of turning point needed to tip off a downturn. 

One has to think that is where we are heading - feels like an almost inevitable no-deal in May courtesy of May.  So, would have thought basically priced in?

And yes, Sessions is for sure Kreacher.

So who is Bellatrix?  In the running:  K. Conway, Ivanka, S. Huckabee Sanders, others?

Also, Narcissa = Melania? or Nikki Haley?

So the so-called yield curve has finally, officially inverted?  If we do finally hit a recession after this insanely long slow-and-steady growth it's going to be fun* to watch Donald's mental health take it in stride.

*not really