Watch, Watched, Watching: Endgame

Ramsay B.

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

Fair complaint. Although it was kind of addressed in the one big warehouse scene when Taslim really took on a ton of people. He  had all that newspaper and stuff taped under his jacket to protect him from being cut and whatnot. 

I thought the best fights were the smaller ones anyway. Other than the main one you mentioned, the fight between the three female assassins was really good, and when they first come after the little girl in his friends apartment. 

Idk I enjoyed the hell out of it overall. 

Yea but even in the warehouse, they still came one at a time. Yes! I forgot about the fight between the three female assassins. That was insanely good.

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Watched The Night Comes For Us, a really good action thriller from Indonesia. Iko Uwais and Joe Taslim (from The Raid movies) are in it. Great fight choreography, and some just absolutely brutal deaths. Can’t remember the last movie that made me squirm so many times. If you’re into this kind of stuff I highly recommend it. It’s on Netflix (US) atm. 

My buddy has been pushing this movie for a few months now. I have to check it out.

I watched a few docs on Netflix the other day. Free Solo- about a rock climber who is basically obsessed with climbing up a mountain in Yosemite with no ropes or anything. It was pretty interesting to get to know his motivations and how it affects his loved ones when he does these type of climbs. One mistake and that’s it. I definitely recommend.

Then I saw What Happened in Vegas. This one’s a pretty depressing look at police corruption in Sin City. It focuses on 3 high profile cover-up cases. Then it boils down to choosing a new Sheriff who would do the right thing and bring the community together, or one that will do what has to be done to keep the money rolling in. ‘Murica.

On 4/17/2019 at 2:43 PM, drawkcabi said:

Second season of Impostors is up on Netflix, of course it all aired last year on Bravo, but who watches Bravo anymore? Supposed to be the final season, cancelled by Bravo, Netflix could pick it up for a final season or few episodes, blah, blah, blah...usual rigmarole.

Anyway, it's not a very deep show but it sure is fun! Also answers the question on everybody's mind..."What the hell happened to Brian Benben?" Which is only slightly less asked than the question "Who the hell is Brian Benben?"  

Anyway, glad to have season 2 available to binge. Last episode is supposed to do a Travelers Season 3, meaning close up loose ends but leave room just in case.

Anybody watching Black Summer on Netflix? The Walking Dead spin-off that's not affiliated with the Walking Dead franchise? I'm four episodes in, it has a bit of a low production cost/independent feel opposed to TWD but otherwise (so far) it could be set in the same universe. It's been interesting and I'm liking it. Hopefully this story won't keep go around in circles.

ETA: Ok, the zombies turn a little faster, growl, and can run, but otherwise it's the same deal.

Are you familiar with the Fallout franchise? How close is it to that? That is the main reason I watch the Walking Dead shows, is to see a Fallout similar show. I especially love when they raid for supplies, as it is just like the games.

I have been mostly doing a Sopranos rewatch and watching season 1. Even greater than I remembered. I am stuck with HBO due to watching the new GOT season. I already went through Deadwood some the Wire seasons, so I'm a bit tired of HBO, but stuck here.

I'd love to watch Billions, but I have to wait. I don't want to be in the ridiculous situation I was in a bit ago where I owned 4 streaming services at once.  No time to watch it all. 

Watched a bit more of Veep as well. I'm on season 2.

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Are you familiar with the Fallout franchise? How close is it to that? That is the main reason I watch the Walking Dead shows, is to see a Fallout similar show. I especially love when they raid for supplies, as it is just like the games.

Sorry, not familiar with fallout, all I know is it's very similar to TWD and FTWD in pace with a combination of Romero rules and "28 Days Later" rules with the zombies.

I watched the first episode of BBC1's Les Miserables. Dominic West has been great as Jean Valjean and Lily Collins as Fantine. I was wondering why everything looks so familiar in certain scenes until discovering much of it was filmed in Brussels and other locations in Belgium. Yeah, that definitely wasn't St. Sulpice.

6 hours ago, Astromech said:

I watched the first episode of BBC1's Les Miserables. Dominic West has been great as Jean Valjean and Lily Collins as Fantine. I was wondering why everything looks so familiar in certain scenes until discovering much of it was filmed in Brussels and other locations in Belgium. Yeah, that definitely wasn't St. Sulpice.

I was planning on watching it but heard so little buzz i didn't bother. Should maybe give it a chance

Didn't know where exactly to put this. Considered the forums up north but I really don't post there, considered YouTube videos thread but I think more people would see it here.

About four years ago we got the most surreal of Game of Thrones parodies when Sesame Street did "Game of Chairs"

Now they're doing a respect" PSA campaign crossing over Sesame Street with other HBO shows. It's actually pretty freaking awesome!

What's next? True Respect or Respect Detective?

Repectwood?

Curb Your Respect?

5 hours ago, red snow said:

I was planning on watching it but heard so little buzz i didn't bother. Should maybe give it a chance

It's one of my favorite novels, so I'll always watch any adaptation. It took me a few minutes to get over seeing McNulty as Jean Valjean, though.

I'll probably check out that new Italian film on Netflix, The Ruthless (Lo spietato), this weekend. Looks good.

The Favorite was a real let down. Technically speaking it was very well down. The acting, costume and set design, cinematography, etc. were all execute with a deft hand, but the story itself was rather boring. I can see why it appealed to the award shows, but I think the average viewer would be rather disappointed with it.

Also had my annual Passover viewing of The Ten Commandments. Still holds up, as does Anne Baxter :wub:.

Saw the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven last night (was reminded of the stirring knighting scene in it after see the stirring knighting scene in the most recent GoT episodes). That movie, at least the director's cut, holds up pretty well; especially the middle third, which I think is the most interesting part. 

I also had completely forgotten that Jaime Lannister actually had a tiny role in it (I remembered that Iain Glenn shows up at the end though).

I've started watching Black Summer, which is brand new on Netflix. It's extremely tense from moment to moment. You're on the edge of your seat for the entire episode. It's a post-apocalyptic zombie show, but very, very different from TWD. I can't emphasize enough how different it is.  

Highly recommended if you are at all partial to the genre.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:49 PM, Tywin et al. said:

The Favorite was a real let down. Technically speaking it was very well down. The acting, costume and set design, cinematography, etc. were all execute with a deft hand, but the story itself was rather boring. I can see why it appealed to the award shows, but I think the average viewer would be rather disappointed with it.

Boo, you are bad people.

Anecdotally though, i actually found the Favourite was one if those rare awards darlings that people generally discussed and enjoyed, it wasnt a niche/movie snob only film. But again, just anecdotal.

Tell me you didnt love the dance scene though and I’ll call you a liar :P 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Anecdotally though, i actually found the Favourite was one if those rare awards darlings that people generally discussed and enjoyed, it wasnt a niche/movie snob only film. But again, just anecdotal.

Tell me you didnt love the dance scene though and I’ll call you a liar :P 

Agreed.  I was shocked at how good Colman was in it.  I watched it after I had heard that Sophie from Peep Show won an Oscar, and couldn't quite believe it.  She definitely earned that though, just an amazing performance. 

Archived