Watch, Watched, Watching: Endgame

Ramsay B.

Like many others, watched Endgame. Really good movie.  

23 minutes ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

Which ones?

None. If you have seen them you are good to go. They have spent like 15 films building to this so there is no way to know what to watch, just plan a pee break!

1 hour ago, Martini Sigil said:

Bosch had another terrific season... we're breaking down to watch S2 of the OA... unlike many on this board, I thought S1 was kind of silly.... but I'll capitulate to the tide of the wiser nerds here in this thread and give it a shot... 

I am one of the ones who thought OA S1 was silly, I almost stopped watching it at the end. This season is better and has one episode that you need to get past.

6 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Bosch had another terrific season... we're breaking down to watch S2 of the OA... unlike many on this board, I thought S1 was kind of silly.... but I'll capitulate to the tide of the wiser nerds here in this thread and give it a shot... 

Please post your thoughts as you're watching the season :D 

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I actually cheered in my room when 

Reveal hidden contents

They called all the injured, regardless of allegiance/origin, to the Mormon ship for treatment. 

Yes, definitely. I was particularly impressed by the way they handled the character of Ashford - when he was first introduced, I thought he was just going to be a kind of Big Bad, a thug with no vision beyond being the biggest bully on the block. But in the end he turned out to be a much more rounded character than that - not all sweetness and light, but not a total brute either.

Spoiler

I loved the final scene of Captain Drummer showing up at his bedside with a bottle of something strong and two glasses. :cheers:

On another note, The Expanse doesn't kill off many of its regular characters (a few, but not many) - I think that tends to work in its favour. A lot of shows try to create big moments through killing off non-Red Shirts. The trouble with that is that after too many big moments, there aren't enough characters that matter to the audience left alive to populate the story with. 

Re-watching Curb and I think my favorite running joke from the early seasons is how, every time Larry has a misunderstanding with a black person, the camera pans out to show that Wanda Sykes has observed it in the background and then proceeds to berate Larry for being a racist.  Happens like two or three times a season. 

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Re-watching Curb and I think my favorite running joke from the early seasons is how, every time Larry has a misunderstanding with a black person, the camera pans out to show that Wanda Sykes has observed it in the background and then proceeds to berate Larry for being a racist.  Happens like two or three times a season. 

And then she puts him up for an NAACP Image award when he starts dating Loretta. :lol:

Saw Endgame today. It was good, will probably never watch it again though. It really is but-nummingly long.

Also saw the first four episodes of Warrior. Not as good as Banshee and a bit hokey at times, but I like it so far. Just wish they would tone down the gratuitous sex scenes, they drag the story down.

10 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Farscape is available on Amazon Prime. I've watched the first episode.

Ooh, thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting to see the show again for a while, and it disappeared from Netflix years ago.

Watched White Boy Rick on HBO. I liked it. The crime aspect of the story wasn't very interesting, but the family drama was. McConaughey was terrific as usual, but the rest of the cast was pretty stellar. I now have to watch the documentary White Boy.

3 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Saw Endgame today. It was good, will probably never watch it again though. It really is but-nummingly long.

Also saw the first four episodes of Warrior. Not as good as Banshee and a bit hokey at times, but I like it so far. Just wish they would tone down the gratuitous sex scenes, they drag the story down.

Banshee did the same thing. It's fucking and punching at it's finest. I think Warrior will get better as it goes on, just like Banshee did (until the 4th season). While I enjoyed season 1 of Banshee, seasons 2 and 3 were much better.

39 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Banshee did the same thing. It's fucking and punching at it's finest. I think Warrior will get better as it goes on, just like Banshee did (until the 4th season). While I enjoyed season 1 of Banshee, seasons 2 and 3 were much better.

Banshee is the only show where I never skip the opening credits because of how awesome the music is.

Archived