Watch, Watched, Watching: Endgame

Ramsay B.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Going to watch my first Chinese SF blockbuster tonight: The Wandering Earth , it's based on the novella of the same name by Locus Award and Hugo Award-winning author Liu Cixin.Out on Netflix on Tuesday.

What did you think of it? Haven't seen it myself. Not sure if I should. 

I watched Endgame today. I'm not a massive fan of the Marvel films in general but I thought it was pretty good.

I've also been watching The First which I've had recorded for a while but never gotten around to watching. I like the idea of the show quite a lot and I do kind of like it but I can see why it was cancelled. It really does move at a snails pace.

On 4/28/2019 at 2:26 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

Doing a double feature of Captain Marvel and Endgame Sunday.

My family and I did something similar - Capt. Marvel on Saturday evening and Endgame on Sunday afternoon:)  I know we could have seen Endgame without seeing Capt. Marvel first but really glad we did.   

10 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

My family and I did something similar - Capt. Marvel on Saturday evening and Endgame on Sunday afternoon:)  I know we could have seen Endgame without seeing Capt. Marvel first but really glad we did.   

I agree.  It was a very good movie on its own, but it really paled in comparison to Endgame so I wish I hadn't seen them back-to-back.  I couldn't have been happier with Endgame.

Started a rewatch of Banshee tonight.  Really enjoy the all out craziness of this show.

Amazon put up Vikings 5.2.  The writing, plotting and character development is a thousand times superior to that of Season 8, ep. 3, of Game of Thrones.  Who would have thought?

6 hours ago, Zorral said:

Amazon put up Vikings 5.2.  The writing, plotting and character development is a thousand times superior to that of Season 8, ep. 3, of Game of Thrones.  Who would have thought?

What's the best way to watch this from the beginning?

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

Drunk. :P

nah, jk the first few seasons are actually pretty good, but it’s atrocious after that. It’s on Amazon Prime I think though. 

16 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Don't.  Watch The Last Kingdom instead.

True that.  But now Vikings, after the total mess (including the teleporting over time and distance that we are now also familiar with due to GOT) kinda gotten over, Vikings 5:02 is now up to what we know from The Last Kingdom, so it's gotten a whole lot better.  As far as that goes.  It's just -- that's how bad GOT's writing had gotten, that in comparison VIKINGS is making sense again.  (It really was wonderful in the first two 1/2 seasons. Then it got progressively more insane, but it's pulled itself together again -- probably thanks to The Last Kingdom, which is THE BEST EVER!)

Last Kingdom is on netflix streaming.  Vikings is on amazilla streaming, as well as the so-called History Channel.

Last Kingdom --- 10

Vikings -- back and forth; 10 for the first two seasons at least, then it descended down to the bottom.

GOT -- by season 5 - 6 and the episode three of the final season 8 -- 0

3 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Or just pretend it got cancelled after the third season.

This was going to be my advice. If you can slog through the awfulness until 

Spoiler

Ragnar is killed

Its more of a “natural” endpoint but that is a whole lot of awful to wade throuhght so quitting after S3 is probably wise

Halfway through Kingdom and enjoying it. I'm not a fan of all of the zombie garbage on television, but this works for me. The setting in the medieval Korea, unique take on an undead plague and humor help.

ARGH. I really want to watch Fosse/Verdon but it looks like it's not available in the UK (it's on FX). Just like The Terror.* This is tragic. Is anyone else watching it?

*actually I checked again at the weekend and it is on Prime now but it costs £25 for the whole season.

I've been a bit too busy to watch anything lately. The only thing I've watched apart from GoT is The Great British Menu and I have to say it is not as good as last year. So last year the theme was the NHS (i.e. the final banquet was going to be to celebrate the NHS and those who work for it). In a previous year they celebrated Wimbledon (lame) and this year it's something to do with Abbey Road studios (lame). All of the so-called connections the chefs have to music are so incredibly boring. To give an example of a single episode: this week is the Wales round and two out of three chefs had a dish called 'The Green Green Grass of Home'... AND THEN one of the chefs called a dish 'Sunny Afternoon' after that well known song by ...the Stereophonics. Spare me. Chefs keep picking the same songs to be 'influenced' by. Or people just reference the Beatles all the time. It's painful.

22 hours ago, aceluby said:

I'd employ the "first law" recommended reading order and apply that to "Vikings". It's a tricky formula but it should steer you straight.

I'd watch first two seasons but the recommendation to watch the third is there mainly to let you see for yourself how far the show starts to fall. And the 4th is where i quit as it was a farce I'd bail before that so you can have a far better memory on average of the show.

3 hours ago, Isis said:

ARGH. I really want to watch Fosse/Verdon but it looks like it's not available in the UK (it's on FX). Just like The Terror.* This is tragic. Is anyone else watching it?

*actually I checked again at the weekend and it is on Prime now but it costs £25 for the whole season.

I've been a bit too busy to watch anything lately. The only thing I've watched apart from GoT is The Great British Menu and I have to say it is not as good as last year. So last year the theme was the NHS (i.e. the final banquet was going to be to celebrate the NHS and those who work for it). In a previous year they celebrated Wimbledon (lame) and this year it's something to do with Abbey Road studios (lame). All of the so-called connections the chefs have to music are so incredibly boring. To give an example of a single episode: this week is the Wales round and two out of three chefs had a dish called 'The Green Green Grass of Home'... AND THEN one of the chefs called a dish 'Sunny Afternoon' after that well known song by ...the Stereophonics. Spare me. Chefs keep picking the same songs to be 'influenced' by. Or people just reference the Beatles all the time. It's painful.

I'm pretty sure i saw "the terror" listed on Amazon recently. Although it's not on prime. And for £20 you may as well buy the box set.

Archived