Watch, Watched, Watching: Endgame

Ramsay B.

3 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Dexter fell pretty far, but not nearly as fast as Vikings

Vikings might have fallen faster, but Dexter's fall is the most overwhelming off all time. Dexter will always be the bench mark of when a great show goes to hell.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I basically forbid my missus to watch anything other than s1 of dexter just to prevent disappointment. 

Why not allow at least season 2? Honestly I tell people to watch the first 4 seasons and pretend that's where it ends.

I love the topic "Which show went into the crapper the hardest, SoA, Dexter or Vikings?"....lol.... for my money SoA was the most laughably bad at the end... Kurt Sutter was never a good writer.... he had a good idea, and it lasted a little while.... but it got bad quickly... and was like a parody of itself at the end, topped off with that atrocious after-talk-show, which was extremely painful to watch.... 

At least Dexter gave us 4 good seasons... and Vikings, well, is Vikings

Throw in another chit to the Four Solid-to-Great Seasons of Dexter pile. I kept going a few seasons after that, mostly due to a series-long crush on Jennifer Carpenter. I regret it.

I've cancelled both Netflix and Amazon Prime for now. I won't be ordering much for the next few months, and I've no series interesting me until Stranger Things. This is easily the least TV/streaming I've watched since I was a boy not allowed to come inside until dinner and/or twilight. I still catch my Cardinals games, but that's about it. Feels pretty good.

9 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I love the topic "Which show went into the crapper the hardest, SoA, Dexter or Vikings?"....lol.... for my money SoA was the most laughably bad at the end... Kurt Sutter was never a good writer.... he had a good idea, and it lasted a little while.... but it got bad quickly... and was like a parody of itself at the end, topped off with that atrocious after-talk-show, which was extremely painful to watch.... 

At least Dexter gave us 4 good seasons... and Vikings, well, is Vikings

Disagree with this. He wrote some really good episodes of The Shield. Never watched SoA, but maybe he just wasn’t cut out to be a showrunner. 

55 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why not allow at least season 2? Honestly I tell people to watch the first 4 seasons and pretend that's where it ends.

That's always my recommendation as well.  Season three isn't great, but four is awesome and has a fantastic ending.

5 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Dexter fell pretty far, but not nearly as fast as Vikings.  I couldn't make it past the second episode of Sons of Anarchy, so... it must have turned into proper shit.  Heroes might take the crown, but I've long wondered if season 1 wasn't really that good, and that it just hit at the right time.  I have zero desire to go back and rewatch it though, so I won't be testing that theory. 

Heroes is one of those what-ifs for me. I really enjoyed the first season, but unfortunately it ran into the writers" strike during its second season. I would like to think the second season would've been as enjoyable as the first had it not been for that strike. Not saying Heroes was a masterpiece by any means. It was fun though.

I never could get into SOA because Hunnam was laughably unbelievable as a biker. My only other attempt at Sutter was The Bastard Executioner. Done.

8 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I never watched the Shield 

:shocked:

7 hours ago, Astromech said:

Heroes is one of those what-ifs for me. I really enjoyed the first season, but unfortunately it ran into the writers" strike during its second season. I would like to think the second season would've been as enjoyable as the first had it not been for that strike. Not saying Heroes was a masterpiece by any means. It was fun though.

Maybe.  But wasn't season 2 shit from the beginning?  Which was Sept of '07, and the strike didn't happen until Nov '07, so the majority of that shortened season was already in the can.  It has been a long time, and I have tried to block it from my mind.

Heroes was shit from the very beginning, we just never realised it because it hinted at being really great. It was all set up to something amazing, but the amazing never came. Apart from Hiro, it was full of annoying characters and bad acting. We all got duped.

3 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

:shocked:

Maybe.  But wasn't season 2 shit from the beginning?  Which was Sept of '07, and the strike didn't happen until Nov '07, so the majority of that shortened season was already in the can.  It has been a long time, and I have tried to block it from my mind.

I can't remember. I was living overseas at the time and was only able to catch up on the series later. I should have never caught up.

I finished the penultimate episode of Kingdom last night. Overall I'm enjoying it but the zombie attacks are too damn repetitive. They've become tiresome.

9 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Heroes was shit from the very beginning, we just never realised it because it hinted at being really great. It was all set up to something amazing, but the amazing never came. Apart from Hiro, it was full of annoying characters and bad acting. We all got duped.

Oh I realized it.

I saw Arctic with Mads Mikkelsen. It’s pretty good and worth a go. He’s great per usual despite there being barely any dialogue. I was talking a lot during it so I may have to watch it again though. I may have missed some minor stuff.

The season finale of Kingdom ended with a great twist. Looking forward to s2(fingers crossed). The zombie attacks were repetitive but the overall story captured and held my interest.

Still have to catch up on the latest episodes of Warrior and  Killing Eve

16 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I saw Arctic with Mads Mikkelsen. It’s pretty good and worth a go. He’s great per usual despite there being barely any dialogue. I was talking a lot during it so I may have to watch it again though. I may have missed some minor stuff.

Nah. I doubt it. It's quite a simple film.

Watched John Wick 2 last night. Would still really love to know what % of elastane he has in his trousers. I had a pair of jeans once that were 3% elastane and they were quite weirdly stretchy (my usual Levis are 1% and that is perfect for me, I can do squats in them comfortably).

On 5/4/2019 at 12:43 PM, Mexal said:

Episode 5 of Warrior was fucking awesome. Perfect side track from the main plots.

Once in a while those one-off episodes in series are fantastic. The Blood and the Shit was a fun, bloody homage to the western genre. I'm an looking forward to each new episode of this series. It's simply entertaining. I can shut the brain off, not overthinking anything, and just enjoy the ride.

12 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Is there a thread for The Chi?.... am I the only one watching this show?.... if not, the Brandon/Emmett tag team is wonderful.

I haven't found time to fit it into my weekly viewing yet. I will probably first get to it in June during the Summer tv lull. It's easy enough to catch up on Showtime shows since their On Demand keeps all of the episodes for a season unlike say Starz which is way too finicky with episodes of its more popular series.

I'm curious to see how the story progresses.

40 minutes ago, Astromech said:

I haven't found time to fit it into my weekly viewing yet. I will probably first get to it in June during the Summer tv lull. It's easy enough to catch up on Showtime shows since their On Demand keeps all of the episodes for a season unlike say Starz which is way too finicky with episodes of its more popular series.

I'm curious to see how the story progresses.

As much as I make fun of Showtime.... their on-demand is fantastic.... not only do they have everything in their library available, they put shows up for viewing the next day.... the Chi is one of their better shows.... 

Archived