Watch, Watched, Watching: Endgame

Ramsay B.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I watched the first episode of The OA. I really have no idea what to make of it. It’s certainly an interesting concept, but I think I need to rewatch the episode as I was really tired at the time and it’s clearly a show you need to focus on while watching.  

Every time I see one of you plebs talk of this OA drivel I am reminded of The OC and I start hearing "California! Caaaaaalllliiiiifoooooorniiiiaaaa!"

Damn you all.

9 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Every time I see one of you plebs talk of this OA drivel I am reminded of The OC and I start hearing "California! Caaaaaalllliiiiifoooooorniiiiaaaa!"

Damn you all.

Way to self-snitch that you loved that awful show, bourgeoisie Jace. Call me when you’re ready to be a Brahman.

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Way to self-snitch that you loved that awful show, bourgeoisie Jace. Call me when you’re ready to be a Brahman.

Don't put that evil on me, motherfucker!

It was the trailer. And I think it came on right after a show I watched. Survivor maybe? What channel was it on? I definitely remember that fucking shit... Fox. Okay... What would I have been watching on Fox during the middle of the Bush years? Who can say? Maybe Family Guy? That doesn't sound like me... Malcolm in the Middle for sure! Prison Break! It was probably Prison Break! I bet it was Prison Break.

That's right. I watched Prison Break as it aired on Fox. In a surprisingly comfortable apartment in Texas. That's as Red Cap as it gets.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Damn you all.

Don't call it that.

12 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

??

I'm unfamiliar with the show utterly if that's relevant.

It was an Arrested Development reference.  Every time someone says The OC, Michael replies "don't call it that."

1 hour ago, briantw said:

It was an Arrested Development reference.  Every time someone says The OC, Michael replies "don't call it that."

Huh. I just rewatched the show and that home must have gone over my head. 

I mean I watched the first 3 seasons, of course.

4 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Don't put that evil on me, motherfucker!

It was the trailer. And I think it came on right after a show I watched. Survivor maybe? What channel was it on? I definitely remember that fucking shit... Fox. Okay... What would I have been watching on Fox during the middle of the Bush years? Who can say? Maybe Family Guy? That doesn't sound like me... Malcolm in the Middle for sure! Prison Break! It was probably Prison Break! I bet it was Prison Break.

That's right. I watched Prison Break as it aired on Fox. In a surprisingly comfortable apartment in Texas. That's as Red Cap as it gets.

Don't lie to me. It's unbecoming. 

Finally watched the finale of True Detective S3, which was long deferred because everything had already been revealed.  It was an OK season, better than S2, but I wouldn’t actually recommend watching it. 

Watched Umbrella Academy and posted a review in the dedicated thread.  A reasonably fun watch if you can ignore huge plot holes and too much emo bickering.

I tried a few more episodes of The Walking Dead, which I had initially dropped after two eps.   It’s a good show but I just don’t think I’ll enjoy the tension of a horror-ish story for any late evening viewing.

And I to Peaky Blinders, which I had also dropped after two eps.   This made a better impression and I’ll stick with it for a while to see how it develops.  Netflix allows episodes to be downloaded, so it’s an option for viewing during flights.

17 hours ago, Nictarion said:

The tv version of What We Do in the Shadows premiered tonight. Pretty funny. I absolutely love the movie, so I have high hopes for this. Not sure how much involvement Taika Waititi and Jermaine Clement had after the pilot, but it’s off to a good start. 

Good to hear, I gotta check it out. The promos for it were semi-amusing. 

I saw Us yesterday and liked it. I don’t think it’s on the same level as Get Out but was enjoyable enough. Once it got going it didn’t let up, and metaphors aplenty.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

I saw Us yesterday and liked it. I don’t think it’s on the same level as Get Out but was enjoyable enough. Once it got going it didn’t let up, and metaphors aplenty.

I've yet to see it, but from the reviews I've read and watched it sounds like a movie you'll have to watch several times to peel back all the layers.

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've yet to see it, but from the reviews I've read and watched it sounds like a movie you'll have to watch several times to peele back all the layers.

Shame on you for missing such simple wordplay

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've yet to see it, but from the reviews I've read and watched it sounds like a movie you'll have to watch several times to peel back all the layers.

You can really go down the rabbit hole with this one. B)

Spoiler

I... I couldn’t resist.

I watched The Matrix for the first time in at least 10 years, probably closer to 15. That movie holds up surprisingly well.

Also, I'd forgotten just how long a stretch of the movie is just conversations, with the only action breaking things up being the training fight between Neo and Morpheus. No modern Sci Fi/Action movie could get away with that these days, but it was kind of refreshing to go back to. And when things pop off in the back third of the movie, things really pop off.

3 hours ago, Fez said:

I watched The Matrix for the first time in at least 10 years, probably closer to 15. That movie holds up surprisingly well.

Also, I'd forgotten just how long a stretch of the movie is just conversations, with the only action breaking things up being the training fight between Neo and Morpheus. No modern Sci Fi/Action movie could get away with that these days, but it was kind of refreshing to go back to. And when things pop off in the back third of the movie, things really pop off.

It really is a well put together movie. Shame about every other film the Wochowskis made. I don't hate the Matrix sequels but it was all steep downhill from there.

Watched an independent sci-fi film on Amazon Prime last night. It is from 2017 and called Infinity Chamber. For people who like movies like Moon, ex Machina, Predestination, and basically movies that keep you guessing about reality, I highly recommend it.

Archived