Terrorist Attack at New Zealand mosques

The Marquis de Leech

Originally in the International thread, but honestly it deserves its own discussion:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213039&fbclid=IwAR3RX551O_ImOl8tT9OL0wPA-Q9OwyG3UxWcF-XU30nmJfYB8WNh3LHNrMU

A far-right Australian nitwit.

Christchurch is in lockdown right now.

Unfortunately looks like the typical right wing piece of shit that tends to do this - no matter what country, laws, demographics, or anything.  Fuck these people.  Fuck these type of people right up their ass.

3 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Four in custody. 

The Police Commissioner's statement also mentioned IED's on cars (now disarmed) and it seems like they are not sure if there are still active terrorists at large. Hopefully, the police are just being understandably cautious but this definitely seems like a major and coordinated attack.

1 minute ago, Wall Flower said:

The Police Commissioner's statement also mentioned IED's on cars (now disarmed) and it seems like they are not sure if there are still active terrorists at large. Hopefully, the police are just being understandably cautious but this definitely seems like a major and coordinated attack.

Ooooh yes. Automatic weapons ain't exactly a dime a dozen in New Zealand.

1 hour ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Originally in the International thread, but honestly it deserves its own discussion:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213039&fbclid=IwAR3RX551O_ImOl8tT9OL0wPA-Q9OwyG3UxWcF-XU30nmJfYB8WNh3LHNrMU

A far-right Australian nitwit.

Christchurch is in lockdown right now.

And after doing everything they could to stoke these fires, the fucking despicable Australian media have been airing his fucking live stream of the shooting, because profiteering off and spreading terrorist propaganda is a great idea and can't possible contribute to making things worse.

2 minutes ago, karaddin said:

And after doing everything they could to stoke these fires, the fucking despicable Australian media have been airing his fucking live stream of the shooting, because profiteering off and spreading terrorist propaganda is a great idea and can't possible contribute to making things worse.

What?

This calls for a ****ing boycott.

5 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I'm only watching the ABC which has made the decision not to screen the stream. The NZ police specifically asked that the video not be shown, noting the effect on those who were victims of the attack and who may not know exactly what happened to their loved ones.

6 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

What?

This calls for a ****ing boycott.

I've seen Channel 10, news.com.au, and Sky News (which gets fucking played on screens on train platforms in Sydney...where a ton of kids would have been returning home from the Climate Strike and I really hope got cut off for this) as all having embedded it in their online coverage/broadcasting it on television.

2 hours ago, karaddin said:

WTF!

Bloody hell.  I feel for everyone affected and feel sorrow that it happened.  I'm also pissed that an Australian was involved, but not surprised because unfortunately we have a lot of racist fucks too.  :(

I thought NZ gun laws were about as tough as Australian ones, how did they kill 40? 

I think it's really responsible but also kind of silly that this thread has yet to emphasize the basis of this shooting.  White people don't like muslims.  That's an issue, everywhere.  One people should confront, in those terms.

Archived