Terrorist Attack at New Zealand mosques

The Marquis de Leech

Yeah, my very first question when I heard he was Australian was "did asio have a file on him?". There are questions that demand answers and I'm sure the government will do everything they can to avoid answering them

It's not really clear this guy was radicalized in Australia. Seems he spent most of the last decade travelling in Asia and Europe. 

Which isn't to say there isn't a growing problem with white supremacist movements inside Australia, and a particularly disgusting attitude towards refugees, and Muslims in particular. 

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well this is pretty black or white, either he just committed career suicide or Australia is more Islamophobia than I thought.

He was never going to get re-elected from his first day on the job. He knows it. There's no incentive for him to not be the racist he is.

I saw a news story about Anning's comments and it was stunning to see how many people supported them. Every person I clicked on was an American. Not that there aren't lots and lots of sympathizers in other countries, I think it was a CNN story and more Americans commented on it.

It's the fucking boldness and brazenness of these racist POS people, it's disgusting and frightening.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

The most fucked up part of this so far is waking up and seeing people on social media SUPPORTING this shit.

Look at how people cheered as we indiscriminately bombed innocent people in the Middle East.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

I saw a news story about Anning's comments and it was stunning to see how many people supported them. Every person I clicked on was an American. Not that there aren't lots and lots of sympathizers in other countries, I think it was a CNN story and more Americans commented on it.

It's the fucking boldness and brazenness of these racist POS people, it's disgusting and frightening.

Call it The Trump Effect. He's emboldening these monsters.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Call it The Trump Effect. He's emboldening these monsters.

A cancer that has globally metastasized -- which locution many a journalist around the world in their respected non-fake news outlets have used today.

1 hour ago, ants said:

To balance out a bad Australian, a very good piece by a good Australian. 

People say words are wind. But they are the most powerful weapon there is, but can also be the most powerful means for good.

Speaking of slimeballs, Rush Limbaugh has weighed in:

"There's an ongoing theory that the shooter himself may in fact be a leftist who writes the manifesto and then goes out and performs the deed purposely to smear his political enemies, knowing he's going to get shot in the process," opined Limbaugh, without providing any evidence for his remarks or even a source for these claims. "You know you just can't — you can't immediately discount this. The left is this insane, they are this crazy. And then if that's exactly what the guy is trying to do then he's hit a home run, because right there on Fox News: 'Shooter is an admitted white nationalist who hates immigrants.'"

Unfortunately for Limbaugh, the guy did not get shot in the process. He's in police custody. And here's the thing about New Zealand politics - gun control is not actually a normal political issue. Left and Right tend to be pretty bipartisan on it. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Still no New Zealand flag background all over Facebook. Muslims though innit.

I'd noticed that I seem to be on my own (within my feed).

Is it that the victims are Muslim? or compassion fatigue?

7 hours ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

Speaking of slimeballs, Rush Limbaugh has weighed in:

"There's an ongoing theory that the shooter himself may in fact be a leftist who writes the manifesto and then goes out and performs the deed purposely to smear his political enemies, knowing he's going to get shot in the process," opined Limbaugh, without providing any evidence for his remarks or even a source for these claims. "You know you just can't — you can't immediately discount this. The left is this insane, they are this crazy. And then if that's exactly what the guy is trying to do then he's hit a home run, because right there on Fox News: 'Shooter is an admitted white nationalist who hates immigrants.'"

Unfortunately for Limbaugh, the guy did not get shot in the process. He's in police custody. And here's the thing about New Zealand politics - gun control is not actually a normal political issue. Left and Right tend to be pretty bipartisan on it. 

False flag is always the go to with those types. The left is so crazy that it's totally believable they would do such a thing, except there are no examples of the left actually doing it.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

False flag is always the go to with those types. The left is so crazy that it's totally believable they would do such a thing, except there are no examples of the left actually doing it.

If doesn’t even make any sense as an idea. If your objective was to get rid of Nazis in order to stop racist violence then creating an incident like this would be utterly counterproductive. Especially as your priority would probably be the welfare of minorities, murdering them would be the absolute last thing you would do. It’s so ridiculously unlikely you’d have to be a moron to consider it for more than a moment.

False flags are more likely if you want to provoke violence and start wars, even the most rabid leftist doesn’t seem keen on that. 

Archived