Werthead

Love, Death & Robots: major SF authors in a new anthology Netflix series

I hope we get more stuff based on stories by Alastair Reynolds.

Maybe a Merlin story or something from the Revelation Space universe.

Stuff based on works by Greg Egan or Robert Reed would be awesome too.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, red snow said:

Cool. It was rough around the edges but was a breath of fresh air to have 5-30 minute episodes with a wide range of animation styles. Hopefully some more writers next time too.

Saw someone say they had interviewed the director of the "Helping Hand" episode a week ago and LD&R came up, and they indicated that their understanding was that the plan was definitely fresh faces for each volume. That said, as I noted earlier, Tim Miller asked the writer of "Sucker of Souls" to create another story featuring the characters because he enjoyed it so much. So we may see a revisit or two, but I'd expect mostly new writers.

Edited by Ran
Corrected the episode title Miller wanted a follow-up to.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Saw someone say they had interviewed the director of the "Helping Hand" episode a week ago and LD&R came up, and they indicated that their understanding was that the plan was definitely fresh faces for each volume. That said, as I noted earlier, Tim Miller asked the writer of "Blindspot" to create another story featuring the characters because he enjoyed it so much. So we may see a revisit or two, but I'd expect mostly new writers.

That sounds like a good balance. I'd probably say the same about the animators too. Although they should at least ensure the animators and writers are mixed up. Although that might be tricky in cases where the animators wrote their episode as well. Guess my point is i definitely want to see the likes of  " the witness" animation again but I'd like a really different story.

Hopefully it's already underway so we get another edition soon. Although i guess they can produce quite quickly when it's actually a dozen teams making one episode.

11 minutes ago, red snow said:

That sounds like a good balance. I'd probably say the same about the animators too. Although they should at least ensure the animators and writers are mixed up. Although that might be tricky in cases where the animators wrote their episode as well. Guess my point is i definitely want to see the likes of  " the witness" animation again but I'd like a really different story.

Hopefully it's already underway so we get another edition soon. Although i guess they can produce quite quickly when it's actually a dozen teams making one episode.

Some of them took a lot of months to make, I think. I wouldn't expect another volume this year.

Re: "The Witness", Alberto Mielgo posted a teaser for a short film titled The Windshield Wiper, which he says is his next project. Similar style, and you can see he copped a couple of key character designs in "The Witness" from his work on that. More story, but there's sex and nudity (both genders, included in the teaser for that matter, so NSFW):