Sam Tarly Appreciation Thread

All hail Sam Tarly, the true hero of ASoIaF! 

Sam is my favorite character in these books. Sam is a brilliantly-written character, wracked with internal conflict and guilt. I just love Sam. He's such a legitimately sweet person, and he's one of the few genuinely good-hearted people in these books. He's such a sweetheart! 

And his chapters are consistently great. His arcs in ASOS and AFFC are both some of the best in the series. 

So, what are your favorite Sam moments, or things you love about his arc in the series so far? 

Fat Sam gets laid. Awesome.

A Feast for Crows - Samwell IV

Sam found himself kissing her back. I said the words, he thought, but her hands were tugging at his blacks, pulling at the laces of his breeches. He broke off the kiss long enough to say, "We can't," but Gilly said, "We can," and covered his mouth with her own again. The Cinnamon Wind was spinning all around them and he could taste the rum on Gilly's tongue and the next thing her breasts were bare and he was touching them. I said the words, Sam thought again, but one of her nipples found its way between his lips. It was pink and hard and when he sucked on it her milk filled his mouth, mingling with the taste of rum, and he had never tasted anything so fine and sweet and good. If I do this I am no better than Dareon, Samthought, but it felt too good to stop. And suddenly his cock was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast. It looked so silly standing there that he might have laughed, but Gilly pushed him back onto her pallet, hiked her skirts up around her thighs, and lowered herself onto him with a little whimpery sound. That was even better than her nipples. She's so wet, he thought, gasping. I never knew a woman could get so wet down there. "I am your wife now," she whispered, sliding up and down on him. And Sam groaned and thought, No, no, you can't be, I said the words, I said the words, but the only word he said was, "Yes."

Afterward she went to sleep with her arms around him and her face across his chest. Sam needed sleep as well, but he was drunk on rum and mother's milk and Gilly. He knew he ought to crawl back to his own hammock in the men's cabin, but she felt so good curled up against him that somehow he could not move.

Im confused on how Sams still fat. He went through the haunted forest to the fist of the first men, and then walked back to Craster. Following that he did even more walking with a limited amount of food. He then sailed the narrow sea puking his guts every chance he gets. When he arrives in Oldtown, Leo compares his weight to a leviathan.

"The Citadel is not what it was," complained the blond. "They will take anything these days. Dusky dogs and Dornishmen, pig boys, cripples, cretins, and now a black-clad whale. And here I thought leviathans were grey."

I do like Sam though, I liked it when he met Bran and Arya

2 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Im confused on how Sams still fat. He went through the haunted forest to the fist of the first men, and then walked back to Craster. Following that he did even more walking with a limited amount of food. He then sailed the narrow sea puking his guts every chance he gets. When he arrives in Oldtown, Leo compares his weight to a leviathan.

"The Citadel is not what it was," complained the blond. "They will take anything these days. Dusky dogs and Dornishmen, pig boys, cripples, cretins, and now a black-clad whale. And here I thought leviathans were grey."

Think that's just Leo being a dick. He would've known him back when he was fatter. Sam's probably just more on the stocky side now, but he's in a world where most people are skinny, even to the point where its unhealthy. 

I love Sam to. Really felt good for him when he got laid. "No trees here, only water." look out Euron, if anyones gonna kill you it might be Sam. He seems to be getting decent with a bow.

Archived