Why was Viserys mad and his "Sister" and "Brother" wasn't?

Black Dragons

On 3/21/2019 at 1:02 PM, Morte said:

Barristan(?) says the queen shielded Viserys as best as she could, so I think she would have tried to send him away for fostering soon; and yes, it would have been good for him.

The Tyrells had sons around Viserys' age, so it would fit perfectly, but Dorne would also be possible.

However I think it would be almost as "funny" as trying to send Sweet Robin away for fostering. :wacko:

Yes and Aerys can be as dangerous as Lysa. 

On 3/27/2019 at 4:03 PM, Lord Varys said:

Robb's war was justified until he overreached himself. And that started with him presuming to be a king. Sure, he didn't want to conquer the West or the Iron Throne (which was actually stupid, in a sense, because his only chance at success would have been to actually seize the Iron Throne and eradicate the entire Baratheon dynasty), but he insisted on doing his own glorious warrior-king thing without realizing that his crown was the reason he was losing the war, and nothing else. He could have easily enough made common cause with both Stannis or Renly had he just had the brains to not crown himself - or at least offer to abdicate again when he was sending Catelyn as an envoy to Renly.

True. Renly at most would’ve allowed Robb the title of King with the stipulation that Robb show very clearly the boy is still subservient to the IT. If Robb refused that Renly would try to break the boy.  Stannis would demand Robb’s head and offer no comprise on that front. Stannis is still irked Robert didn’t hang Balon for his rebellion. 

I have to say I don’t feel that sorry for Robb when he complains about the difficulty of being King.

No one literally forced him to declare himself King, and he doesn’t really entertain any ideas of actually giving up his kingship.

Hmmm I think it’s interesting how Viserys seems to have continued to trust Illaryio after the merchant stopped him from having sex with Daenerys. Through a few honeyed words and soft promises of power the issue does seem to have forgiven the Merchant for the offense. I take this as further proof Viserys would be a mediocre king. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 1:45 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Would Arya cut her unborn nephew from Sansa’s womb or say she’d have 40,000 men and their horses screw her? I think not.

Viserys is all talk.  He has never murdered anybody.  Arya has murdered many.  Jon murdered another member of his Order.  Robb is an oathbreaker.  

On 4/13/2019 at 7:17 AM, Victor Newman said:

Viserys is all talk.  He has never murdered anybody.  Arya has murdered many.  Jon murdered another member of his Order.  Robb is an oathbreaker.  

It was enough for Daenerys to denounce him as family. 

Viserys laughed. "They can't kill us. They can't shed blood here in the sacred city . . . but I can." He laid the point of his sword between Daenerys's breasts and slid it downward, over the curve of her belly. "I want what I came for," he told her. "I want the crown he promised me. He bought you, but he never paid for you. Tell him I want what I bargained for, or I'm taking you back. You and the eggs both. He can keep his bloody foal. I'll cut the bastard out and leave it for him." The sword point pushed through her silks and pricked at her navel. Viserys was weeping, she saw; weeping and laughing, both at the same time, this man who had once been her brother.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Balerion bonded with Maegor and he was a psychopathic murderer and kinslayer. 

There is no proof that Maegor was actually mad.  He was just a mean guy who was willing to be cruel to protect his family.  Tywin, if he had dragons, would have terrorized any family who challenged his.  And should the Faith speak out against the Lannisters?  Tywin would have burned them all.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:29 AM, Black Dragons said:

Gods flip the coin to see if a Targaryen or maddness or greatness.

If you look the family tree of Targaryens you will series of incest: I am going tell you that Rheagar and Dany are not product of incest.

Aegon the Unlikely marry a Blackwood, Jaeherys his son marry his sister then have Aerys and a daughter Rhaella. Jaeherys force them to wed, this is where I think that Rhaella is had affair with Bonifer Hasty (Knight) which produces Rheagar (Greatness). Rheagar marry Lyanna a second wife and have a baby girl baby in the Tower of Joy this baby girl is Dany.  Where Viserys had two generations of incest which poison his mind also his father.   Rheagar and Dany are products of different blood line introduction gene pool.

I still think Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne are the parents of Jon Snow he is older than Robb by 8 months because he conceive in the Black Cells of the Red Keep.

To go further Aegon the Unlikely parents are Markker Targaryen and a Dayne before it Dareon the Good and his Dorne Princess/Queen.

I take some issues with your premises.

I'm not convinced at all that Viserys was insane. He was an asshole certainly, but it's not like he was drinking explosives to try and become a dragon like some of the rest of his family. He showed no signs of seeing visions not did he act like he thought he was a literal dragon.

I'm also not convinced that Daenerys or Rhaegar are/were entirely sane. Both of them show signs of hallucinations, hallucinations they believe are real, or at least meaningful, hallucinations which have led them to do things like kidnap women, or walk into fire.

It's difficult to judge sanity in a world where magic is real and hallucinations and prophecies are impossible to distinguish.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:17 PM, Victor Newman said:

Jon murdered another member of his Order.  Robb is an oathbreaker.  

pffff :rolleyes:… No. Jon applied the legal punishment for disobedience (plus insults) to the Lord Commander of a military order. Do you believe Commander Mormont would have acted differently?

Jeor Mormont was a kindly man.  He forgave Jon for assaulting a superior officer.  Jeor would have sent Slynt to the ice cells to cool off and he would not have killed the man after he agreed to go.  

6 hours ago, Annalee said:

There is no proof that Maegor was actually mad.  He was just a mean guy who was willing to be cruel to protect his family.  Tywin, if he had dragons, would have terrorized any family who challenged his.  And should the Faith speak out against the Lannisters?  Tywin would have burned them all.

There are a lot of people who would have done what Maegor did, and then some, if they had had a dragon.  Yeah so he wasn't INSANE but he was on the extreme side of HARSH.  Can you picture what the ironborn would do if they had a dragon.  They would have turned Casterly Rock into a pile of ashes.  What would Theon Stark do to his enemies if he had a dragon.  Ride them down and burn them extra crispy.  Shake and Bake not needed.  

12 hours ago, Annalee said:

I wouldn't say that Maegor was protecting his family considering that he killed two of his nephews quite brutally and raped his niece.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:29 PM, Black Dragons said:

I still think Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne are the parents of Jon Snow he is older than Robb by 8 months because he conceive in the Black Cells of the Red Keep.

Sorry firm believer in R+L=J. The first book is full of clues. Regarding Mad King's children they are all his. Although there are a few secret identities in the books I really don't think every character in three is a secret someone else.

• 5 weeks later...

I am sure Viserys wasn't born mad, he become one due to Aerys' paranoia and his life as Beggar King. Rhaegel and Aerion are the only truly mad Targaryens and they weren't children of incest. Maegor, Aegon II, Aegon IV, Aerys don't count as they weren't either crazy their whole life or become one later in life. 

Archived