Events you are most looking forward to see in TWOW

What things/events are you most looking forward to seeing in TWOW? 

For me, in no particular order: 

• The Battle of Winterfell 
  • Sam at Oldtown/Sam's dynamic with his family 
  • Cersei's trial 
  • Jaime, Brienne, and Stoneheart - that whole thing 
  • Davos at Skagos with Rickon and Osha 
  • I'm probably forgetting something here 

I don't think there's a single thing I'm not looking forward to, and if there was, 8 years of waiting for the next book has certainly changed that.  xD

The things I'm most looking forward to though are:

• Anything Euron related. The man is seriously my favourite non POV character.
  • Jon's resurrection. I'm curious to see in what ways he will be changed. 
  • The Battle for Winterfell. Both Stannis and the Stark loyalists really need a win. 
  • The Battle for Meereen. Not counting Daenerys, since she probably won't turn up until the end, or just not at all, we are going to have three POVs for the battle, each from a different faction. Out of the four main battles its definitely the one I'm looking forward to the most. 
  • The Others. I just want to see more of them, since we've only seen them twice before. 
  • Finally finding out Jon's parentage once and for all. 

• Jon, and how the aftermath of the assassination attempt plays out w/ the different factions currently at CB.
  • Stannis, Theon, Bran & BR, the Battle of Ice.
  • Rickon & Shaggy, Davos, Osha, Skagosi warriors, unicorns!, stranded ships.
  • Arya changing her face and heading back to Westeros.
  • Putting the authorship of Punk Pink Letter to rest  once and for all. 
  • Jaime, Brienne, and Stoneheart.

ETA: punk letter was obviously a typo but I kind of like it! :D

- Sam in Oldtown and the events that are converging there

- Bran - love how dark his story is getting and can't wait to see more

- Jon - aftermath of the attemped(?) assassination and hoping that debate about his parentage will be put to bed once and for all

- Sand Snakes - Probably an unpopular choice, but I'm really interested to see where their storylines are going

Jon's resurrection and further arc.

Arya's story and if it somehow intersects with Jeyne and Ramsay.

Dany and Drogon and how they influence each other

Aegon's campaign against Cersei

The ice battle or battles

Hopefully a ton of 2nd tier character deaths to streamline the story and increase the chance it makes it to the finish line.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 10:24 PM, Plain, Simple Tailor said:

What things/events are you most looking forward to seeing in TWOW? 

For me, in no particular order: 

• The Battle of Winterfell 
  • Sam at Oldtown/Sam's dynamic with his family 
  • Cersei's trial 
  • Jaime, Brienne, and Stoneheart - that whole thing 
  • Davos at Skagos with Rickon and Osha 
  • I'm probably forgetting something here 

Aegon, Storm's End, and Arianne saga

Marg's trial

Redwyne vs. Euron

Bran's visions

• 4 weeks later...

I'll try to go with some things that are not the obvious choices.

I'm really intrigued and perplexed by Aegon.  I want to think he's actually Rhaegar's son, but part of me sees the logic in the arguments that he is fake.  I'm a fan of Aegon, but I'm nervous as to why GRRM waited so long to introduce him into the story- If he were a true player for the game the thrones, wouldn't GRRM have made more of the story about him? So my fear is that his story may end rather quickly, but then that makes me wonder why would Aegon be introduced at all?

The current High Septon's identity, or his story, is something that I find very curious. He is either high born, or must have a past not unlike Varys'.  He has the conniving skills of Littlefinger and Varys and has the etiquette of Ser Barristan. So who is he? Could he really be lowborn but gained his knowledge and wisdom by traveling Westeros as a septon? He is not in the least bit intimidated by Cersei, and actually plays her like a fiddle. Only Varys and Littlefinger have had that ability. I hope GRRM reveals a little more about him. Maybe even a prologue chapter with our High Sparrow as the POV?

I hope we get a someone with a POV in the Neck finally.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:38 PM, Ser Uncle P said:

I can't wait to read descriptions of the seasonal culinary and sexual habits of the characters in the sub zero Arctic blast of Winter.  

Also several page long portrayals of the clothing worn for that season will be the icing on the cake. 

Also this^^

4 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

After working my way through this latest season of GoT?

Everything

It will be the palate cleanser we so desperately need. 

1 hour ago, The Snow Queen said:

Sansa and Jon meeting. How Jon's resurrection affects him and them reclaiming Winterfell. 

I get the feeling Stannis will be the one to end the Boltons. GRRM would literally have to do a double fake out for him to die and I’m not sure he’s ever done that before.

Archived