Events you are most looking forward to see in TWOW

16 hours ago, sifth said:

I get the feeling Stannis will be the one to end the Boltons. GRRM would literally have to do a double fake out for him to die and I’m not sure he’s ever done that before.

There's no emotional impact from Stannis reclaiming Winterfell and with him winning means that the Weirwood would burn, so again, there's no satisfaction in that. With Sansa and Jon thought it would be different. Thematically speaking Jon vs, Ramsay would be incredibly compelling. Bastard vs. Bastard. Plus Sansa & Jon reclaiming Winterfell would leave the proper emotional impact. It would signify the rise of the Starks, A Time for Wolves. The Starks need to rally the North in order to survive the Long Night. 

28 minutes ago, The Snow Queen said:

There's no emotional impact from Stannis reclaiming Winterfell and with him winning means that the Weirwood would burn, so again, there's no satisfaction in that. With Sansa and Jon thought it would be different. Thematically speaking Jon vs, Ramsay would be incredibly compelling. Bastard vs. Bastard. Plus Sansa & Jon reclaiming Winterfell would leave the proper emotional impact. It would signify the rise of the Starks, A Time for Wolves. The Starks need to rally the North in order to survive the Long Night. 

I just don’t see it happening. Sansa doesn’t even know Ramsay in the books and Jon hardly knows him. Plus you honestly expect two battles for Winterfell? The show was able to get away with this by spreading things out over two seasons, but the book......not so much. So yea I think the Battle of the Bastards will be a tv show only event.

48 minutes ago, sifth said:

I just don’t see it happening. Sansa doesn’t even know Ramsay in the books and Jon hardly knows him. Plus you honestly expect two battles for Winterfell? The show was able to get away with this by spreading things out over two seasons, but the book......not so much. So yea I think the Battle of the Bastards will be a tv show only event.

Yes, Sansa doesn't know Ramsay, but that doesn't mean she will never meet him, because, unfortunately, there's a lot of hunting imagery going on in her TWOW chapter and as of now we never have seen Ramsay hunt a female character we know. Plus according to Benioff and Weiss Sansa has very few chapters in the Vale.

So something or someone will make Sansa get out from the Vale. Perhaps she will be kidnapped or leave there voluntarily, but in the end, she will come to the conclusion she is no longer save with Little Finger and go to, what she assumes, her last of her kin (Jon at Castle Black). She will, most likely, go by ship to the North. By the time she gets at White Harbor, she will be mistaken for Jeyne (due to her dark hair) and captured & taken to Winterfell. Very dark speculation, I know, but it is within the realm of possibility. Fortunately though since Jon has sent Mance Rayder to Winterfell he might help her escape and from there we could get a very interesting subversion of the fairytale Little Red Riding Hood:

Little Red Riding Hood (Sansa) runs away from her grandmother's home (Lyarra Stark from Winterfell) in order to get to her family (Jon at Castle Black) but on the way, an evil huntsman (Ramsay) starts chasing her and she gets saved by the big good wolf (Ghost!Jon).

3 hours ago, The Snow Queen said:

Yes, Sansa doesn't know Ramsay, but that doesn't mean she will never meet him, because, unfortunately, there's a lot of hunting imagery going on in her TWOW chapter and as of now we never have seen Ramsay hunt a female character we know. Plus according to Benioff and Weiss Sansa has very few chapters in the Vale.

So something or someone will make Sansa get out from the Vale. Perhaps she will be kidnapped or leave there voluntarily, but in the end, she will come to the conclusion she is no longer save with Little Finger and go to, what she assumes, her last of her kin (Jon at Castle Black). She will, most likely, go by ship to the North. By the time she gets at White Harbor, she will be mistaken for Jeyne (due to her dark hair) and captured & taken to Winterfell. Very dark speculation, I know, but it is within the realm of possibility. Fortunately though since Jon has sent Mance Rayder to Winterfell he might help her escape and from there we could get a very interesting subversion of the fairytale Little Red Riding Hood:

Little Red Riding Hood (Sansa) runs away from her grandmother's home (Lyarra Stark from Winterfell) in order to get to her family (Jon at Castle Black) but on the way, an evil huntsman (Ramsay) starts chasing her and she gets saved by the big good wolf (Ghost!Jon).

Still not seeing it, I personally view D&D as a bunch of liars. So yea, I don't expect Sansa to get captured or raped by Ramsay. I still have my money on Stannis bring Roose and Ramsay down. That's just me though. I think Jon has other battles to worry about, like coming back to life, lol

We all know that Jon is coming back, that is a given, but what happens afterwards? He would still want to save Arya. However when he meets her Jon will realize it's Jeyne not Arya all along. He would be devestated and probably lose his will to live. He needs someone to give him purpose and at this point only his family can give him the will to live. Sansa and Jon meeting each other would be good for both of them. She would have someone who she can rely on and trust unconditionally and he would have someone who can give him purpose. How can you be against this?

2 hours ago, The Snow Queen said:

We all know that Jon is coming back, that is a given, but what happens afterwards? He would still want to save Arya. However when he meets her Jon will realize it's Jeyne not Arya all along. He would be devestated and probably lose his will to live. He needs someone to give him purpose and at this point only his family can give him the will to live. Sansa and Jon meeting each other would be good for both of them. She would have someone who she can rely on and trust unconditionally and he would have someone who can give him purpose. How can you be against this?

I have no doubt that they'll meet at some point, maybe even in WoW, I just don't think they're going to have any part in bring the Bolton's down. GRRM isn't going to have two battles for Winterfell like on the show, that would just be silly.

The Grand Northern Conspiracy, Jons resurrection, Bran learning the purpose of the Others and their connection to the Starks. Basicly the whole northern arc. 

That and how Sansa will end up outsmarting Littlefinger, and bind the lords of the Vale to her will. 

Also what Euron is planning on doing with all his psychopathic pirate swagger. 

On 5/15/2019 at 6:46 PM, sifth said:

I have no doubt that they'll meet at some point, maybe even in WoW, I just don't think they're going to have any part in bring the Bolton's down. GRRM isn't going to have two battles for Winterfell like on the show, that would just be silly.

I agree. But I see what @The Snow Queen is saying.

I think Sansa, the Valemen and the mountain clans will swoop in sorta like they did in the show. Except they will be pulling the rug out from under Stannis Baratheon instead of saving Jon Snow.

But there's also likely to be this massive game of thrones-esque succession crisis in Winterfell after the battle. Rickon will likely be back and Stannis will try to use him to prop himself up. Littlefinger and all of the Vale made cause with Sansa but Robb's will disinherits Sansa. Jon Snow has been legitimized as Jon Stark and then made him heir...but Jon is kinda dead (he might get better) and maybe sworn to the Night's Watch (that's going to be a tough egg to crack). Barbrey Dustin doesn't really like the Stark family. Wyman Manderly love the Stark family. Theon will likely come face to face with all the Starks. Then there's the matter of Queen Selyse, Princess Shireen and all the R'hllor followers. Melisandre is likely to be very busy.

Oh and who can forget about Robb's queen, Jeyne Westerling. She's probably not going to just go away.

7 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

I agree. But I see what @The Snow Queen is saying.

I think Sansa, the Valemen and the mountain clans will swoop in sorta like they did in the show. Except they will be pulling the rug out from under Stannis Baratheon instead of saving Jon Snow.

But there's also likely to be this massive game of thrones-esque succession crisis in Winterfell after the battle. Rickon will likely be back and Stannis will try to use him to prop himself up. Littlefinger and all of the Vale made cause with Sansa but Robb's will disinherits Sansa. Jon Snow has been legitimized as Jon Stark and then made him heir...but Jon is kinda dead (he might get better) and maybe sworn to the Night's Watch (that's going to be a tough egg to crack). Barbrey Dustin doesn't really like the Stark family. Wyman Manderly love the Stark family. Theon will likely come face to face with all the Starks. Then there's the matter of Queen Selyse, Princess Shireen and all the R'hllor followers. Melisandre is likely to be very busy.

Theon's outlook is very bleak right now in the sample chapters.  I hope he gets to face the Starks again.  Just going through this thread has made me realize the North and Mereen could be there own individual books.  Albeit much shorter than 1000 pages each.  This shows why ADWD and AFFC were broken apart

Besides what was already mentioned...

Fate of Margaery and the Tyrells. Will they survive whatever's going to happen in Kings Landing?

How Tommen and Myrcella will die, hopefully not in a brutal way, those poor innocent children...

More skinchanger traits from the remaining Starks.

Hot Pie!!!

6 hours ago, Winter prince said:

Theon's outlook is very bleak right now in the sample chapters.  I hope he gets to face the Starks again.  Just going through this thread has made me realize the North and Mereen could be there own individual books.  Albeit much shorter than 1000 pages each.  This shows why ADWD and AFFC were broken apart

Exactly

I only wish that the split between Feast and Dance was a clean split. Like instead of putting Cersei, Jaime and Areo chapters in Dance leave them in Feast so there's more room to talk about Bran, Daenerys, Tyrion and Theon.

But yeah: I think all that Winterfell succession crisis stuff is going to play out in a Sansa chapter. And to think that Sansa was once the worst POV of the bunch...

I´m looking forward to Jon staying dead (or at least not being resurrected the way he was in the show), Stannis winning something at some point, and krakens wasting the redwyne fleet. I don´t know if there´s a lot of chances of any of that happening, though. 

There´s also Dany not using her dragons as much as I fear she will (as in, more strategy and proper battles, less dragons saving the day), learning more about other cultures aside from Westeros, much more about the Faceless Men, and Yi Ti getting involved in any kind of thing, somehow.

To be honest, I would not like for the books to follow the show for the most part (Stannis just being the means for Melisandre to get to Castle Black, Dorne and the Reach being trivialized, etc), so I´m also looking forward to not seeing those scenes.

Oh and while I´m at it, some more details into the war of the ninepenny kings and the conquest of Dorne would be nice, so that I don´t have to keep speculating while I wait 3 more years for fire and blood 2. (And as a bonus, more details into the underrated Greyjoy rebellion!).

So I'll probably regurgitate a lot of what others have said, but here are mine:

• Lady Stoneheart, Brienne and Jaime
  • Jon's resurrection and how it will change his mentality (surely it must?)
  • Sam and the Citadel
  • Davos going to Skagos
  • Bran's storyline

Jon's resurrection is what I'm looking forward most. I also believe he won't be the same. I expect him to be very focused on saving Westeros from the Others and ready to do anything for that. The only way to leave the NW would be for the King or Queen to release him from his vows. He's a powerful person in the North even Cersei wanted to depose him so I would expect fAegon to try to use him to get the support of the North... 

The battle of Meeren and hopefully Dany leaving Essos

fAegon's storyline, I think he's bound to fail as everyone expects way too much from him, but his journey is interesting

Bran, I just want to know how this goes... 

The Others, we still know so little. I need more to go on with crazy theories ;)

• 1 month later...

Prolly won’t happen this book, but I’ve become super interested in whatever the hell happened at Starfall.

Ned Stark rolls in after killing Arthur, Ashara commits “suicide” because of this.... and the lord of Starfall names his heir after Ned and helps him perpetuate the lie about Jon???

With my luck, it’s probably straight forward, but whatever, I’m hoping for something juicy.

Other than that: GNC, Jon ressurection, Mance, Selmy and Blackfish all being alive and badass, the real downfall of Stannis, Sansa finally doing something, more savage lines from Wyman, Stoneheart, what Theon and Asha actually do, non-vague info on Bran, Tyrion and Varys not having their intelligence demolished, and Dany (finally) showing up to Westeros guns blazing and not leaving Cersei on the throne because Lena Heady. 

Basically all the stuff the show had no clue what to do with/didn’t have the budget for.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:29 PM, nyser1 said:

Aegon, Storm's End, and Arianne saga

Marg's trial

Redwyne vs. Euron

Bran's visions

Somehow I forgot to mention the battle for winterfell. Also looking forward to Davos going to find Rickon and seeing what happens to the Tullys.

Archived