Events you are most looking forward to see in TWOW

I'm looking forward to reading the meeting between Davos and Rickon on Skagos (with POV Davos but why not POV Rickon?). How Rickon and Osha have evolved through the last two years? Does Rickon has developped a strong relationship with Shaggydog, like the others? He is still very young and alone, with only Osha and his direwolf to rely on, so we can guess he could have slipped into Shaggy a lot of times to share his simplier and somehow safer wild life. Maybe Rickon is more wolf than human now.

17 minutes ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

POV Rickon?

Eh, I doubt it. God has often said he's struggled writing Bran chapters because he's so young and recently during an interview he wasn't planning on adding any new POVs.

2 hours ago, Jekse said:

Eh, I doubt it. God has often said he's struggled writing Bran chapters because he's so young and recently during an interview he wasn't planning on adding any new POVs.

Whenever George says he's not planning on something, take it with a grain of salt. George seldom sets his plans in stone; they are known for changing or getting thrown out all together

15 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Whenever George says he's not planning on something, take it with a grain of salt. George seldom sets his plans in stone; they are known for changing or getting thrown out all together

I am aware. But considering he said it so recently I dont think we'll see any new POVs, at least for tWoW. (not counting prologue and hopefully epilogue.)

@Jekse I acknowledge that a chapter with Rickon POV is all but likely, knowing Georges difficulties to writte a child POV. I would bet on Osha POV, and I hope she won't die as easily as in the serie. I can't wait to discover the cannibal inhabitants of Skagos...

I'd like to see a little but more of Aegon, and how he was saved and raised overseas. His arc sprouted suddenly from nowhere, without hints in the previous books, so I need more details, more connexions with the traditional characters... And I'm eager to read Dany's reaction when she will learn that she has a nephew with a stronger birthright than her...

That's why I...

Spoiler

...have so much appreciated the two TWOW Arianne chapters released, even if basically nothing happens (just a foreshadowing of the fate of Elia (too impatient to survive, but enough to save her princess life before dying) and a far too short but quite interesting moment in the cave used by the Children of the Forest).

• 2 months later...

Not an event per se, but I do want to see more of the westerlands and specifically Casterly Rock.

As the Lannisters are one of the three central families in the story, we know relatively little about the situation in the west.

In the sense of its internal politics, and Casterly rock itself(we have general information but not specific details). 

Perhaps I’m wrong, but I think it’s telling there is no reference to “friends in the west” for Aegon. Does that mean the Golden Lion is still flying high? Will the Westermen yield? Or keep fighting for Cersei, Myrcella, or Tommen? 

In any event, I am looking forward to seeing the west and hoping we get some more insight into its politics and current situation and I will be rather disappointed if we do not.

On 8/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

Yes, I think that, by the end of it all, Tyrion will be so ruthless that he'll make his father blush.

I seriously doubt this,  if only because Tyrion won’t have the power to carry out ruthless acts much himself but will have to rely on manipulating, cajoling and getting other people to act for him most importantly Dany. 

- The Battle of Ice- and hopefully some Frey popsicles/ The Manderly and Umber double cross

-Brienne’s resolution with stoneheart. I think it is going to be fascinating to see how she deals with a moral quandary where sacrificing herself will not solve it. 

- I really hope we get the prologue idea where illin Payne is the POV and the Lannister party gets attacked by some combination of Nimeria’s wolf pack/the brotherhood/ Blackfish. 

-I want to know more about why/ when the wildlings came to live beyond the wall. The Thens especially seem like hold outs of first man society, but if the First Men  joined with the Children of the Forrest to battle the others why on earth would you stay on the wrong side of the giant magic wall. If it happened any later than the Age of Heroes it seems like we should have heard something about it. 

30 minutes ago, Grumpkin R.R. Snark said:

- The Battle of Ice- and hopefully some Frey popsicles/ The Manderly and Umber double cross

Yes! It will be a thing of beauty. 

-Brienne’s resolution with stoneheart. I think it is going to be fascinating to see how she deals with a moral quandary where sacrificing herself will not solve it. 

I’m also really, really looking forward to see the whole Jaime/Brianne/Stoneheart thing play out. I don’t for a second believe Brienne will kill Jaime, or even allow the BwB/whoever to kill him w/o a fight. I think she will realise that the vow she made, she made to Catelyn, and that LSH is not Catelyn. 

- I really hope we get the prologue idea where illin Payne is the POV and the Lannister party gets attacked by some combination of Nimeria’s wolf pack/the brotherhood/ Blackfish. 

I think the prologue involves Jeyne Westerling... not necessarily as “the” PoV, but she’s in it. I think this has been confirmed, but I’m not sure.

-I want to know more about why/ when the wildlings came to live beyond the wall. The Thens especially seem like hold outs of first man society, but if the First Men  joined with the Children of the Forrest to battle the others why on earth would you stay on the wrong side of the giant magic wall. If it happened any later than the Age of Heroes it seems like we should have heard something about it. 

All the FF are direct FM descendants. Also, we know it took hundreds of years to build the Wall, and thousands for it to reach its current height. So, I imagine back then it was fairly common for people to move back and forth. And many decided they’d rather stay on the north side. I mean, it’s not like they were trapped there or anything like that. 

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes! It will be a thing of beauty. 

I’m also really, really looking forward to see the whole Jaime/Brianne/Stoneheart thing play out. I don’t for a second believe Brienne will kill Jaime, or even allow the BwB/whoever to kill him w/o a fight. I think she will realise that the vow she made, she made to Catelyn, and that LSH is not Catelyn. 

I think the prologue involves Jeyne Westerling... not necessarily as “the” PoV, but she’s in it. I think this has been confirmed, but I’m not sure.

All the FF are direct FM descendants. Also, we know it took hundreds of years to build the Wall, and thousands for it to reach its current height. So, I imagine back then it was fairly common for people to move back and forth. And many decided they’d rather stay on the north side. I mean, it’s not like they were trapped there or anything like that. 

Yeah I just think there has to be more of a story there with the wildlings. Who would fight the others and then decide to stay on the north side? And then to become bitter enemies with the nights watch, if they did at one point have free movement through the wall. I doubt we will get anything more, but I wonder about that. That the prologue involvesJayne Westerling is confirmed I’m more interested in who the camera on that scene will be. Ilyn Payne would be a really cool choice. 

13 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Excited for Sansa leaving the Vale, Stannis dying and losing, Dany continuing to develop her superiority complex, and Jon inside of Ghost. I'm also interested in Arianne and Cersei but that's it.

(transcript of my reactions)

Sansa out of the Vale will be interesting ...

... yup, me too ...

..."superiority complex", that's a way to put it, I guess...

...WHAT THE FLYING ***?!?! ... oh, right. Like that. I see.

... Oh, and Arianne and Cersei. Sure, will be fun.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:49 PM, Jabar of House Titan said:

After working my way through this latest season of GoT?

Everything

Yeah, everything that will invalidate the insanities of the show.

1) How Jon will return and what will be different, Val and the Free Folk.

2) Moqorro and Victarion in Meereen. Euron in the South.

3) Winterfell and the Boltons. Rickon return from Skagos. The North remembers.

4) Daenerys and what armies, allies she will get.

5) Bran becoming a greenseer, learning about the Old Gods and the Others.

Sansa in the Vale. If we go by the words of Cogman then her storyline is bound to be anything but predictable.

Jon at the Wall. How will his resurrection take place? Has he warged into Ghost. 

Cersei. I am curious what she will do. Will she make a comeback? I think she will.

Dany. Since she has chosen Fire & Blood I am very excited in her character development. Just how dark will she go in TWOW? 

I would be very interested in seeing how things play out with the dragons. If Daenerys is able to reestablish control over all three of her dragons and lands in Westeros (at the end of TWOW or at the beginning of ADOS) with all three of them along with a significant army of dothraki and unsullied I don't see how militarily anyone (fAegon, Euron, Cersei or anybody) can stop her. I mean Aegon I had just a few thousand soldiers when he started out to conquer the 7 Kingdoms but with his 3 dragons he made short work of all opposition (even though their armies were significantly larger than his). So what is the fate of the dragons? Does the dragon horn really work? Will someone else be able to establish control over any of the dragons? Will scorpions be effective? It seems that GRRM does not have a very constructive view of the dragons. In his interview following the release of Fire and Blood he commented that he viewed dragons as being destructive in nature and that they might help Daenerys to conquer but not necessarily to rule. So will any of the dragons survive till the end? I would be interested in what other people. Any thoughts?

I don't think the dragons will survive. GRRM likens them to be weapons of mass destruction and he has also said that he is anti-war. So the dragons will definitely die. Not just them mind you. I think all magic will come to an end in Westeros. The Giants, Children of the Forest, and, even as it pains me to say it, the direwolfs will eventually die. GRRM wants to emulate Tolkien with his bittersweet ending. 

55 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

I don't think the dragons will survive. GRRM likens them to be a sentient beings of weapons of mass destruction and he himself has made it crystal clear he's anti-war. So the dragons will definitely die. Not just them mind you. I think all magic will come to an end in Westeros. The Giants, Children of the Forest, and, even as it pains me to say it, the direwolfs will eventually die. GRRM wants to emulate Tolkien with his bittersweet ending. 

Hm, that's harsh :( Do you actually think Dany and Jon (like in the show) won't happen at all?

Archived