Events you are most looking forward to see in TWOW

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 4:08 AM, Van said:

The real big boy question is who wrote that pink letter and Stannis Baratheon's fate .

I still believe that Littlefinger wrote it and that Stannis is still alive--or at least when the letter was written and sent Stannis was alive. And I believe Littlefinger's motive for doing so is simple: the letter's purpose is to remove Jon from the Night's Watch and get him killed. If it manages to screw up Stannis' plans even more. But in the end, removing Jon from the equation leaves Stannis void of any powerful allies and further destabilizes the North which would then allows him to use Sansa to fill the power vacuum much more effectively. To be honest, there's no difference in between doing that and what he did in the south.

And if Littlefinger is to be a big menace to the entire realm, he needs to start making messes and causing chaos in the North.

Until I read the chapter that disproves my belief/theory beyond a shadow of a doubt, that's the hill I am going to die on.

I just want to read the damned thing. I'm looking forward to the whole plate. It's been almost a decade. 

I think what I am looking forward to most of all in the following order is:

- who wins the Battle of Winterfell?

-who wins the Battle of Meereen?

-Jon Snow's fate?

-Jaime/Brienne?

-Dany and her new Dothraki pals?

-Sansa/Littlefinger/Harry the Heir

Really, just the whole damn book.

I'm looking forward to being completely surprised by events that feel as unpredictable and chocking as the Red Wedding, Oberyn vs The Mountain, or Littlefinger conspiring with Lysa did when reading ASOS for the first time. Or, say, when Aegon showed up in AWDW. I guess I'm looking forward to ten years of collective fan speculation being completely turned on its head :P Which I think it will be, at least some of it (and I don't think the TV show really spoiled that much). When George says he likes to write stories that are unpredictable, he's not kidding around. From what I've read of his other stuff it seems to me that he makes it a professional point of pride to never ever write a story that isn't impossible to predict.

So that. Oh, and finding out what's wrong with Dany's memories of her childhood...

I'm most interested in Jaime/Brienne storyline. Like I really don't know how it will go. Will they try and outwit or take out stoneheart, will stoneheart let them live to try and go find Sansa or Arya? To be honest I'd really like to see more of Jaime and Brienne traveling together.

• 3 weeks later...

Daenerys and Tyrion meeting

Tysha's fate

Jon's fate

Who's gonna die in the prologue

Stannis's battle with Ramsay and Roose

Theon surviving and revealing that he didn't kill Bran and Rickon

Rickon's involvement in the plot

Lady Stoneheart

Sansa's storyline and Littlefinger's true plan

The Hound's true fate

Arya's storyline with the HOBAW

More about the Others

Who Young Griff truly is (Targaryen or no)

On 9/30/2020 at 7:35 PM, alienarea said:

We know that Howland Reed is not  a tall man, and lives on a floating island and has some connection to the green men. Basically, he's Yoda.

I want him to bring balance to the force.

funny thing is - we don't know what are house reed's words.

could it be "may the force be with you"?

Samwell Tarly revealing knowledge to us in the Citadel. Historical, magical, doesn't matter, I just want it to be worldbuilding.

Secrets might be lost in the Citadel, they might be revealed to us by him.

And of course, the revealing of what happened to Benjen Stark. I want him back so hard.

12 hours ago, Victarion Dondarrion said:

funny thing is - we don't know what are house reed's words.

could it be "may the force be with you"?

Jon visits him in the swamps and learns the ways of the force. At the end of Winds Howland dies. His last conversation with Jon:

Howland: "The force runs strong in your family".

Jon: Is Rhaegar my father?

Howland: Bran told you, he did?... Your father he is...Jon, do not underestimate the power of the eunuch, or suffer Neds fate you will...Jon, there is another Targaryen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 12:39 PM, Amris said:

Jon's resurrection and further arc.

Arya's story and if it somehow intersects with Jeyne and Ramsay.

Dany and Drogon and how they influence each other

Aegon's campaign against Cersei

The ice battle or battles

Hopefully a ton of 2nd tier character deaths to streamline the story and increase the chance it makes it to the finish line.

A year later and after seasons 7&8 and the show ending sinking in I am not interested in Jon's story or Dany's story anymore now.

I still am interested in Arya's story and whether and how it intersects with Jeyne and Ramsay, in Aegon's campaign and in the Ice Battle.

Also I still stand to my notion that a ton of 2nd tier characters have to go. Fast.

Archived